Anderson Silva vs Georges St-Pierre UFC

Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre

“I say it all the time, I truly believe that my job is to give people the fights that they want to see. The fights that they want to pay for.”

That has been UFC president Dana White’s mantra for a long time, and he reiterated that sentiment after UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre defeated Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in Montreal in December.

There is one fight that fans have been clamoring to see for the past couple of years: Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre. Thus far, White hasn’t made it happen, but it appears that the two are on a collision course and could meet as soon as this year.

Silva steps into the main event of UFC 126 to defend his middleweight title against Vitor Belfort. St-Pierre is slated to face Jake Shields in defense of his belt at UFC 129 at the end of April.

“(If Silva wins against Belfort on Feb. 5), then Georges St-Pierre needs to beat Jake Shields in Toronto. That happens, then we’re probably gonna do that fight,” White told the troops that assembled on Friday for a question and answer session.

“If they both win, that fight makes all the sense in the world.”

One key factor holding up the fight has been St-Pierre’s reluctance to bounce around weight classes or fight at a catch weight. St-Pierre has fought his entire career at welterweight and has become the most dominant fighter in the class. If he has to change weight classes to fight Silva, it’s going to be a permanent move.

“If I go up in a weight class, I’m going to have to put muscle on my body because I’m going to be too small for 185,” St-Pierre said after UFC 124. “If I put muscle on my body and I go up to 185, I’m going to have to stay at 185. I don’t want to go up and down because when you go up and down, you see what happened to Roy Jones (Jr.) it messed up the reaction time.

“If I want to go up, I’m going to stay up. I don’t want to play up, down, up, down.”

Dana White: Anderson Silva is the 'Tom Brady of the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

Tom Silva? Anderson Brady? Either way, you're talking about two of the world's best athletes when it comes to Anderson Silva and Tom Brady. read news >>

UFC boss Dana White had Derek Brunson over Anderson Silva in UFC 208 co-main event

Add UFC President Dana White to the list of people who scored the UFC 208 co-main event for Derek Brunson.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Criticizes Main Event UFC 208 Referee | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White didn't pull any punches in his assessment of the referee's performance in the UFC 208 main event on Saturday night in Brooklyn, N.Y. read news >>

Dana White Blames NYSAC for Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie Controversy

UFC 208 was a generally terrible card and the night ended fittingly, with a controversial main event between Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie. In one of the worst officiating displays in recent UF read news >>

'The Spider' to crawl on after UFC 208? Anderson Silva has 'just one thing to say'

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – It looked like Anderson Silva contemplated retiring in the cage after a controversial decision win over Derek Brunson in UFC 208’s co-headliner. But no, “The Spider” plans to crawl o read news >>

UFC 208 video highlights: Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson

For the first time since 2012 – officially, anyway – the legendary Anderson Silva won a fight. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White: 'UFC 208 Not One of Our Better Events' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White's overall impression of UFC 208 was less than complimentary. read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 98.5 – Brooklyn: UFC 208 wrap-up featuring Anderson Silva, Holly Holm and Wilson

Episode No. 98.5 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring Anderson Silva, Holly Holm and Wilson Reis, is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Anderson Silva's controversial victory over Derek Brunson at UFC 208

Anderson Silva’s more than four-year winless skid came to an end Saturday when he defeated Derek Brunson in Saturday’s UFC 208 co-main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 208

UFC 208 officially turned back the clocks with a win for Anderson "The Spider" Silva over Derek Brunson via unanimous decision in Saturday night's co-main event. MMAjunkie tweeted the official scorec read news >>