#UFC 220 #Stipe Miocic #Francis Ngannou #Daniel Cormier #Bellator MMA #Volkan Oezdemir #Rory MacDonald #Douglas Lima #Chael Sonnen #Quinton Jackson #Conor McGregor #Khabib Nurmagomedov #UFC 219

Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Wants to Fight Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is holding out hope that he’ll still get a “money fight” with Georges St-Pierre, but after talking with company president Dana White, things aren’t looking up.

“Right now, I’m still looking at GSP. I had a conversation with Dana White last week on the phone, he made me an offer — not for a fight — I will not reveal on here what it was but he made me an offer for something. I said what about GSP? He said ‘GSP does not want to fight’,” Bisping said on his “Believe You Me” podcast. “I said, ‘Well, that’s not what I’m hearing.’ I said I’m hearing he wants to fight me, his coach told me that he wants to fight me.

Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping“(Dana) said, ‘If I could make the GSP fight happen, I’ll make it happen, but he doesn’t want to fight you. I’m telling you.’ So I don’t know what the (expletive) is going on out there.”

A fight between Bisping and St-Pierre for the middleweight title was announced in March, when White revealed that St-Pierre would be returning. The UFC even held a press conference with Bisping and St-Pierre in attendance. A specific event and date for the fight, however, has never materialized, primarily because of delays on St-Pierre’s side of the equation.

White has since said that it is time to move on, but Bisping hasn’t given up all hope.

“GSP, if you’re listening to this, make the call. I’m down,” he said. “We did the press conference. I’m in 100-percent. Failing that, I will have to fight the No. 1 contender. That is my duty as the champion but we’ve had the press conference for me versus GSP.

“For me, I’m still invested in that fight and I want to be part of a big fight and then I’ll take on the No. 1 contender. But if we don’t make this fight soon, I’m going to be forced to move on.”

The UFC has already moved on to a certain degree, booking an interim UFC middleweight title fight between Yoel Romero and Robert Whittaker at UFC 213 on July 8 in Las Vegas.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• 3 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White Recaps UFC 220, Wants to See Daniel Cormier Fight Stipe Miocic | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

UFC President Dana White recaps the UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou pay-per-view from Boston's TD Garden moments following the event. read news >>

Dana White: UFC Middleweight Champion Robert Whittaker in Serious Condition | MMAWeekly.com

Robert Whittaker had been looking forward to making the first defense of his UFC belt, but now the Aussie is fighting a much more serious fight. read news >>

Dana White Meeting with Floyd Mayweather's Team on Thursday to Discuss Possible Deal | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White isn't done dealing with Floyd Mayweather just yet. Last week, White confirmed rumors that he had talked to Mayweather about a possible deal that would see the 41-year old ret read news >>

UFC Middleweight Nate Marquardt Announces Retirement | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight Nate Marquardt has drawn the curtain closed on his fighting card, announcing his retirement on Thursday. Marquardt made the announcement via his website. "I have won 4 world titles a read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Says Dana White is Using His Name for UFC TV Deal Leverage | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White has uttered Floyd Mayweather's name quite a bit recently. Mayweather believes he understands why. read news >>

Dana White: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Two Fights, Wants Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

According to UFC president Dana White, Vitor Belfort could have fought Sunday night, but is angling for a Michael Bisping bout. read news >>

Dana White Still Plans to Book Cris Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White still plans to book bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes as featherweight champion Cris Cyborg's next opponent. read news >>

Will Georges St-Pierre Ever Make Another UFC Return? Should He? | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre vacated the UFC middleweight title shortly after winning it. Does that mean his days in the Octagon are now done? read news >>

Dana White: President Trump Offered to Bring UFC Champions to the White House | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White will never hide the fact that he's a supporter of President Donald Trump. White spoke on behalf of President Trump ahead of the 2016 election when he appeared at the Republic read news >>

Josh Emmett Faces Jeremy Stephens in Main Event at UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando | MMAWeekly.com

UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando finally has a main event as Jeremy Stephens has been tapped to make a quick turn around to face Josh Emmett in a five round featherweight fight on Feb. 24. UFC officials anno read news >>