#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Cody Garbrandt #Dustin Poirier #Fight One #Anthony Pettis #Nate Diaz

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is holding out hope that he’ll still get a “money fight” with Georges St-Pierre, but after talking with company president Dana White, things aren’t looking up.

“Right now, I’m still looking at GSP. I had a conversation with Dana White last week on the phone, he made me an offer — not for a fight — I will not reveal on here what it was but he made me an offer for something. I said what about GSP? He said ‘GSP does not want to fight’,” Bisping said on his “Believe You Me” podcast. “I said, ‘Well, that’s not what I’m hearing.’ I said I’m hearing he wants to fight me, his coach told me that he wants to fight me.

Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping“(Dana) said, ‘If I could make the GSP fight happen, I’ll make it happen, but he doesn’t want to fight you. I’m telling you.’ So I don’t know what the (expletive) is going on out there.”

A fight between Bisping and St-Pierre for the middleweight title was announced in March, when White revealed that St-Pierre would be returning. The UFC even held a press conference with Bisping and St-Pierre in attendance. A specific event and date for the fight, however, has never materialized, primarily because of delays on St-Pierre’s side of the equation.

White has since said that it is time to move on, but Bisping hasn’t given up all hope.

“GSP, if you’re listening to this, make the call. I’m down,” he said. “We did the press conference. I’m in 100-percent. Failing that, I will have to fight the No. 1 contender. That is my duty as the champion but we’ve had the press conference for me versus GSP.

“For me, I’m still invested in that fight and I want to be part of a big fight and then I’ll take on the No. 1 contender. But if we don’t make this fight soon, I’m going to be forced to move on.”

The UFC has already moved on to a certain degree, booking an interim UFC middleweight title fight between Yoel Romero and Robert Whittaker at UFC 213 on July 8 in Las Vegas.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• a month ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC 217 Countdown: Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 217 Countdown goes into the camps of the 6 stars competing at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Nov. 4. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Gave Away His New UFC Middleweight Belt | MMAWeekly.com

After toppling middleweight champion Michael Bisping at UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, Georges St-Pierre gave up the belt. No, he hasn't vacated the middleweight championship, although read news >>

Georges St-Pierre's Middleweight Debut Opposite Michael Bisping is Official Following UFC 217 Weigh-ins | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre's middleweight debut opposite Michael Bisping is official following Friday's UFC 217 weigh-ins. read news >>

Michael Bisping on Georges St-Pierre: 'I see more aggression out of my wife' (UFC 217 Media Call) | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping claimed, "I see more aggression out of my wife Christmas shopping than we're going to see out of Georges." read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Opens As Betting Favorite Over Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

New UFC middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre has opened as a betting favorite over lightweight titleholder Conor McGregor. read news >>

Dana White is Getting into Promoting Boxing, '100 Percent' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Tuesday night admitted that he is actively pursuing a move into boxing promotion. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Says He Suffered Neck Injury vs. Michael Bisping

UFC middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre has divulged why he skipped the post-fight media press conference after his win over Michael Bisping at UFC 217, as he suffered a neck injury that required read news >>

Dana White Claims Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Broke Pay-Per-View Record | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White claims that the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing match broke the all-time pay-per-view record. read news >>

Dana White Reveals Georges St-Pierre's Next Opponent Following Win at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White already knows who Georges St-Pierre is facing next read news >>

Dana White and Crew Take Over New York On Lookin' for a Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC President Dana White and former champion Matt Serra visit New York City with UFC light heavyweight and lifelong New Yorker Gian Villante. read news >>