#UFC Fight Night 128 #Kevin Lee #Edson Barboza #Conor McGregor #Jon Jones #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Tony Ferguson #Fight On #Frankie Edgar #Nate Diaz #Alexander Gustafsson #UFC 223 #UFC 216

Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Wants to Fight Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is holding out hope that he’ll still get a “money fight” with Georges St-Pierre, but after talking with company president Dana White, things aren’t looking up.

“Right now, I’m still looking at GSP. I had a conversation with Dana White last week on the phone, he made me an offer — not for a fight — I will not reveal on here what it was but he made me an offer for something. I said what about GSP? He said ‘GSP does not want to fight’,” Bisping said on his “Believe You Me” podcast. “I said, ‘Well, that’s not what I’m hearing.’ I said I’m hearing he wants to fight me, his coach told me that he wants to fight me.

Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping“(Dana) said, ‘If I could make the GSP fight happen, I’ll make it happen, but he doesn’t want to fight you. I’m telling you.’ So I don’t know what the (expletive) is going on out there.”

A fight between Bisping and St-Pierre for the middleweight title was announced in March, when White revealed that St-Pierre would be returning. The UFC even held a press conference with Bisping and St-Pierre in attendance. A specific event and date for the fight, however, has never materialized, primarily because of delays on St-Pierre’s side of the equation.

White has since said that it is time to move on, but Bisping hasn’t given up all hope.

“GSP, if you’re listening to this, make the call. I’m down,” he said. “We did the press conference. I’m in 100-percent. Failing that, I will have to fight the No. 1 contender. That is my duty as the champion but we’ve had the press conference for me versus GSP.

“For me, I’m still invested in that fight and I want to be part of a big fight and then I’ll take on the No. 1 contender. But if we don’t make this fight soon, I’m going to be forced to move on.”

The UFC has already moved on to a certain degree, booking an interim UFC middleweight title fight between Yoel Romero and Robert Whittaker at UFC 213 on July 8 in Las Vegas.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• 6 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White: Tyron Woodley Had 'Doctor's Note' Saying He Can't Fight Until August | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White isn't ready to confirm Colby Covington facing Rafael dos Anjos in May but now it seems to make sense why that fight is happening with Tyron Woodley out until August. read news >>

Dana White Claims Warrant is Out for Conor McGregor After 'Most Disgusting' Incident in UFC History | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says an arrest warrant has been issued for lightweight champion Conor McGregor after an altercation at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday. "There is a warrant out fo read news >>

Dana White: 'Is Conor McGregor Fighting?! He's Going to Jail!' (TMZ Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White is extremely upset following Conor McGregor's backstage melee at the UFC 223 Media Day on Thursday, telling TMZ Sports that he thinks his superstar is going to jail. read news >>

Dana White Believes Nick Diaz is Interested in a UFC Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday stated that he believes Nick Diaz, who will soon return from a suspension, is interested in returning to the Octagon. read news >>

Dana White: Dustin Poirier 'Absolutely' In the Running for Next Shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says Dustin Poirier is definitely in the conversation for the fighter who will challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for the title next. read news >>

Michael Bisping 'Definitely Interested' In Retirement Fight at UFC Event in Liverpool | MMAWeekly.com

If the UFC needs to add another marquee fight to the upcoming card in Liverpool, England, Michael Bisping is ready and willing to step up to the challenge. The former UFC middleweight champion has go read news >>

Listen In On The UFC 223 Media Conference Call Live at 5 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

UFC will host a media conference call with all four athletes competing in title fights on the UFC 223 fight card on Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET. read news >>

UFC Fighter Amanda Lemos Suspended 2 Years by USADA for Doping Infraction | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's bantamweight competitor Amanda Lemos has been suspended two years after testing positive for steroids from an out of competition drug test administered by USADA last year. USADA officials read news >>

Conor McGregor Issues Arnold Schwarzenegger Well Wishes After Heart Surgery | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor issued a heartfelt message to friend and inspiration Arnold Schwarzenegger after the former bodybuilder-turned-actor-turned-governor underwent successful heart read news >>

Dana White Says Conor McGregor Wants to Fight Floyd Mayweather in UFC

UFC boss Dana White has told TMZ Sports that former boxer Floyd Mayweather is keen to try his hand at MMA and Conor McGregor would love to be his first opponent inside the Octagon... read news >>

Dana White Believes Floyd Mayweather to the UFC is a Very Real Possibility | MMAWeekly.com

If all parties involved are to be believed, Floyd Mayweather's mixed martial arts debut may just be willed into reality. Mayweather has said that he is serious about taking a fight in the UFC. Most p read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Was Never an Option to Replace Tony Ferguson at UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson suffering an injury forced the UFC to search for a last minute replacement to face Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 but it turns out Conor McGregor was never an option. While it might see read news >>

Dana White: Tony Ferguson Requires Surgery, Stripped of Interim Belt | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson not only lost his opportunity to fight at UFC 223 when he injured his knee, UFC president Dana White said that he would also need surgery and lose his interim title. read news >>

Max Holloway: 'Opportunities Like This Come Once in a Lifetime' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway was as surprised as everyone else when he got the call to step up and fight for the lightweight title. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Believes Conor McGregor is Inevitable, but Wants to Fight Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov realizes Conor McGregor is more likely to be in his near future, but he would rather fight Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

Dana White Strips Conor McGregor of UFC Lightweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

During the UFC 223 Pre-fight Press Conference on Wednesday, UFC president Dana White made it official. Conor McGregor has been stripped of his lightweight belt. read news >>