MENU
#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Bellator 185 #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #KSW 40 #MMA Rocks #Gegard Mousasi #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Alexander Shlemenko #Conor McGregor #Norman Parke #Kristina Williams #Jan Blachowicz


UFC president Dana White is none too happy about the news that Alistair Overeem tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone prior to his fight at UFC 146.

White was on a media conference call on Wednesday with members of the Canadian press when he learned about Overeem’s test results.

Overeem, along with five other athletes fighting at UFC 146, were surprise tested following the pre-fight press conference as part of Nevada’s out of competition testing program.

Only Overeem’s test came back positive of the six athletes tested.

“I am beyond pissed about this,” White stated when speaking on the call as first reported by theStarPhoenix.com. “The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us.”

White was reference a pre-fight meeting held between Overeem and UFC officials prior to UFC 146 being scheduled.

The UFC president railed on Overeem or any fighter that would test positive, and obviously this throws a major monkey wrench into the UFC 146 fight card should Overeem ultimately be pulled due to the positive test.

“How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using right now is an absolute (expletive) moron,” White stated.

“It’s beyond, what’s the word I’m looking for, it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever.”

White’s anger is justifiable given the magnitude of the UFC 146 card, which was slated to be a five fight main card made up of just heavyweights, culminating in Overeem’s bout against Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title.

If Overeem is ultimately unable to take the fight, or the UFC opts to pull him from the bout because of the positive test, they would likely look to replace him with one of the other fighters currently on the fight card.

Right now in the midst of just hearing the news, White admitted there was never a back-up plan in place, nor do they have one in mind right now.

“I don’t have a plan-B,” he said.

Regarding Overeem’s future with the UFC, again White was none too happy with the former K-1 star, and didn’t sound enthusiastic about the first conversation he’ll have with the giant Dutchman.

“It doesn’t look good, does it? It doesn’t look good,” said White.

Junior dos Santos’ camp is just in “wait and see” mode until the UFC or the Nevada Athletic Commission makes their decision.

Ana Guedes, who represents dos Santos, responded via Twitter to the news that Overeem had tested positive.

“The UFC has made no announcement regarding Junior dos Santos’ fight,” she wrote. “We have no comment, this matter falls solely to Nevada Commission and UFC.”

Now it’s just the waiting game to see first what happens with Overeem’s testing results and the commission, and then if the UFC will pull the trigger on a change prior to that happening.

MMAWeekly.com will continue to follow this story as it develops.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Comments

Show Comments

Related News

Dana White Responds to Reports of Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3 at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 28 days ago
  • 55 views

Conor McGregor may very well be plotting his return to the Octagon but reports that he's agreed to meet Nate Diaz at UFC 219 on Dec. 30 are premature. Several outlets began reporting over the weekend read news >>

Andrea Lee talks USADA rule that scrapped UFC 216 debut, clears air on previously failed drug test

  • 21 days ago
  • 36 views

Former Invicta FC flyweight champ Andrea Lee has entered the USADA testing pool, though she’d rather her addition have been less dramatic.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: UFC Donating $1 Million to Las Vegas Shooting Victims

  • 21 days ago
  • 7 views

Las Vegas, Nevada is home to the UFC and many of the company's fighters. It's no surprise, then, that the promotion was rocked by the mass shooting on Sunday night that left at least 59 dead and over read news >>

Tony Ferguson Surprises Kevin Lee and Dana White During UFC 216 Face-Offs (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

  • 19 days ago
  • 991 views

Check out the UFC 216 Ultimate Media Day face-offs where UFC president Dana White was on guard, even though Tony Ferguson snuck it a little surprise. read news >>

Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3 at UFC 219 in Las Vegas? Dana White says nope

  • 28 days ago
  • 73 views

Excited about the Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz rubber match trilogy fight at UFC 219 in December? Dana White says you should pump the brakesFiled under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White says more than 1,500 Las Vegas shooting first responders will be at UFC 216

  • 16 days ago
  • 6 views

UFC President Dana White says more than 1,500 first responders from the Las Vegas shooting will be at Saturday’s UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: UFC 216 to Host More Than 1,500 First Responders and Several Shooting Victims | MMAWeekly.com

  • 16 days ago
  • 15 views

In the wake of the horrific Las Vegas shooting last weekend, UFC 216 is set to host more than 1,500 first responders and several of the shooting victims. read news >>

Dana White Says UFC 216 Tickets Will Be Free for 1st Responders

  • 16 days ago
  • 5 views

The UFC is offering free tickets to Saturday's UFC 216 event in Las Vegas to first responders from last week's mass shooting in the city. UFC President Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto about the read news >>

Dana White on Not Cancelling UFC 216: 'You Don't Back Down From Cowards!' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

  • 16 days ago
  • 156 views

For UFC Dana White, not canceling UFC 216 was a very important move, not for his company, but for his city. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Las Vegas Shooting Ahead of UFC 216

  • 15 days ago
  • 4 views

Prior to the start of Saturday's UFC 216 event at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White shared a video message about the mass shooting in the city on Oct. 1. Sports Illustrated's read news >>