Nick-Diaz-UFC-137-Press-01-478x270UFC welterweight Nick Diaz hinted at retirement following his UFC 158 loss to Georges St-Pierre on March 16.

“I have to decide if I even want to do this anymore,” he said during his post-fight interview with commentator Joe Rogan.  “To be honest, I don’t know if I really got any more.  I don’t make excuses; I think I’m done with mixed martial arts.”

The comments were made by an emotional, defeated and dejected Diaz at the time.  Less than an hour later, during the UFC 158 post-fight press conference, Diaz asked for a rematch with St-Pierre and expressed his desire to fight middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Diaz’s legal representation, Jonathan Tweedale, stated earlier this month that if Diaz doesn’t get a rematch with St-Pierre or a fight against Silva, he will likely remain retired.

But if Diaz decides that he does want to continue his fighting career, he still has a place in the UFC.

“If he wants to fight, we’ll get him a fight,” said UFC president Dana White on Thursday.

Diaz attended The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale on April 13, but he and White didn’t talk.

Nate Diaz, Nick’s brother, faces Josh Thomson at UFC on Fox 7 this Saturday and Nick will be cornering Nate in the fight.

His fighting future remains uncertain, but it’s up to him whether he wants to fight or not.  The door is open if he chooses to walk through it.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Nick Diaz Turned Down Rematch with Robbie Lawler | MMAWeekly.com

  • 27 days ago
  • 52 views

UFC president Dana White offered Nick Diaz a fight against former welterweight champion Robbie Lawler and Diaz turned down the fight. read news >>

UFC boss Dana White says Nate Diaz has fight offer – and Nick Diaz turned down a pair

  • 25 days ago
  • 60 views

HOUSTON – UFC President Dana White says he’s offered Nate Diaz a fight. Against whom, exactly, is anyone’s guess.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Georges St-Pierre signs new UFC deal; Dana White says potential comeback fights abound

  • 11 days ago
  • 12 views

One of the greatest MMA fighters of all time is set to make his return to the octagon after a more than three-year absence.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor's Next Fight Will Be MMA Rules in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

  • 4 days ago
  • 22 views

UFC president Dana White said that Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather is going "nowhere," has his eyes on McGregor's next Octagon opponent. read news >>

Burt Watson describes first encounter with Dana White since UFC departure

  • 3 days ago
  • 68 views

Nearly two years after quitting his job as a site coordinator for the UFC, Burt Watson came face-to-face with UFC president Dana White for the first time last weekend.Filed under: Featured, Featured read news >>

Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Has Signed for UFC Return | MMAWeekly.com

  • 11 days ago
  • 23 views

UFC president Dana White on Friday made Georges St-Pierre's return to the Octagon official. read news >>

Attorneys for UFC, Dana White file motion to dismiss lawsuit brought by heavyweight Mark Hunt

  • 15 hours ago
  • 23 views

The law firm representing the UFC and President Dana White wants Mark Hunt’s lawsuit thrown out of court, arguing the UFC heavyweight’s allegations don’t hold up.Filed under: News read news >>

What Khabib Nurmagomedov Said to Dana White During UFC 205 Fight (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

  • 15 hours ago
  • 12 views

Top ranked UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov always makes a statement when he enters the Octagon. During his UFC 205 he directed them toward Dana White. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping Fight Announced by Dana White

  • 54 minutes ago
  • 0 views

UFC chief Dana White confirmed on Wednesday that Georges St-Pierre will make his return to the Octagon to fight for Michael Bisping's middleweight title in 2017. White revealed the news on Wednesday read news >>

Dana White Comments on Mayweather-McGregor Talks, UFC Star's Next Fight

  • 3 days ago
  • 97 views

In an interview with TMZ Sports on Friday, UFC President Dana White revealed that little progress has been made regarding a potential fight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. As seen in read news >>