UFC President Dana White is defending Conor McGregor after Floyd Mayweather Jr. said the mixed martial arts star needed to use IV bags to stay hydrated in preparation for Saturday's megafight.
Speaking to TMZ Sports about the allegations Mayweather levied against McGregor, White said there was "nothing true about Mayweather's claims."
Mayweather made the allegations against McGregor during an interview with MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani at the boxing legend's club in Las Vegas.
In the interview, Mayweather said he got the information from a "strong source" and repeated "rumor" and "allegedly" regarding his allegations against McGregor, as TMZ Sports noted.
Mayweather knows about the controversy associated with using an IV bag to remain hydrated while preparing for a fight. Bob Bennett, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said the United States Anti-Doping Agency should not have permitted Mayweather's use of an IV prior to his fight against Manny Pacquiao in May 2015, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times.
During Wednesday's final pre-fight press conference, McGregor said Mayweather "needs to shut his mouth" regarding his weight leading up to the weigh-in on Friday, via MMAjunkie's Martin Rogers.
Mayweather and McGregor agreed to a 154-pound boxing match. McGregor has fought in three different weight classes between 145 and 170 pounds in his MMA career.view original article >>
UFC President Dana White has admitted a lightweight title unification showdown between Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson "has to happen." Ferguson won the interim lightweight crown at UFC 216 in Las V read news >>
On Thursday, UFC President Dana White shot down rumors that Conor McGregor was in negotiations to appear at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans. Appearing on Good Day New York (h/t Corey Jacobs of Wrestli read news >>
UFC president Dana White agrees with the likes of Michael Bisping and Mark Hunt, who are calling for tougher anti-doping violation sanctions. read news >>
Mark Hunt issued an expletive-filled message to UFC President Dana White after the heavyweight fighter was removed from the UFC Fight Night show in Sydney, Australia, on Nov. 19. Hunt's message to Wh read news >>
UFC President Dana White said on a recent episode of ESPN's Dan Le Batard Show that WWE would not allow Brock Lesnar to fight again in the UFC while under contract with WWE. During the interview (h/t read news >>
UFC President Dana White told TMZ Sports on Thursday the company decided to remove Mark Hunt from its event in Sydney next month as a medical precaution. "Sometimes, you gotta protect these guys from read news >>
UFC President Dana White watched coverage of last week’s mass shooting in Las Vegas and knew what the company needed to do. And it didn’t involve canceling Saturday’s UFC 216 event.Filed under: News, read news >>
UFC president Dana White had a strong message in response to the Las Vegas shooting to open UFC 216 on Saturday night. read news >>
UFC President Dana White says more than 1,500 first responders from the Las Vegas shooting will be at Saturday’s UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
UFC president Dana White said this week that former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is the biggest waste of talent in the history of sports. On Tuesday, Jim Edwards of MMAUno passed along White' read news >>