#UFC Fight Night 126 #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #Derrick Lewis #Marcin Tybura #UFC Fight Night 57 #Sage Northcutt #Curtis Millender #Thiago Alves #Bellator 194

Dana White Claims He's Only Saving Mark Hunt from Himself | MMAWeekly.com

When the UFC removed Mark Hunt from the UFC 121 main event bout in Sydney, Australia, earlier this week, the transplanted New Zealander was livid.

UFC officials stated that Hunt was removed from his fight with Marcin Tybura and replaced by Fabricio Werdum due to concerns about his health following comments he made in an interview with the Player’s Voice.

“Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words,” he was quoted as saying. “My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday, but I can remember the (expletive) I did years and years ago. That’s just the price I’ve paid – the price of being a fighter. But I’ve fought a lot of drug cheats and copped a lot of punishment from guys who were cheating and that’s not right.”

Dana White over bloody Mark HuntAfter being removed from the fight, Hunt took to his Instagram account, where he stated that he was misquoted in the interview and claimed that the UFC was punishing him for a lawsuit that he is currently pursuing in relation to his contract and having to compete against fighters that had been caught using performance-enhancing drugs.

“I’m disappointed that I have been withdrawn from the fight, I have passed all medicals two days ago. And spent $100,000 on camp,” Hunt said. “The truth is the legal case I have filed has caused me to be withdrawn. The interview has been taken out of context and want to reassure all my fans, I slur my words only when I have a drink. I’m fit and healthy, and would have understood if the UFC requested a medical to ensure my safety, however, this is total (expletive). (Expletive) you Dana, you’ve always hated me you dog.”

White, in a Thursday comment to TMZ Sports, denied Hunt’s accusations, claiming that he and the UFC were only acting in Hunt’s best interests.

“I never hated Mark Hunt,” said White. “Sometimes, you gotta protect these guys from themselves and that’s what we’re looking into right now.”

(Video courtesy of TMZ Sports | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions)

Galleries

Mark Hunt Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White: UFC Middleweight Champion Robert Whittaker in Serious Condition | MMAWeekly.com

Robert Whittaker had been looking forward to making the first defense of his UFC belt, but now the Aussie is fighting a much more serious fight. read news >>

Daniel Cormier's Emotional UFC 220 Octagon Interview | MMAWeekly.com

Hear from UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier following his win over Volkan Oezdemir in the co-main event at UFC 220 on Saturday. read news >>

Dana White Confirms CM Punk Will Receive Another Fight in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Former WWE superstar CM Punk will get at least one more chance to prove himself inside the UFC Octagon. Following a disastrous first outing where Punk — real name Phil Brooks — was soundly thumped by read news >>

Dana White Recaps UFC 220, Wants to See Daniel Cormier Fight Stipe Miocic | MMAWeekly.com

UFC President Dana White recaps the UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou pay-per-view from Boston's TD Garden moments following the event. read news >>

Dana White on Ronda Rousey's Future: 'She Won't Fight Again' | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey still hasn't officially retired but UFC president Dana White all but put the final nail in the coffin of her fight career. This past weekend following UFC 220 in Boston, White addressed read news >>

Dana White Believes Brock Lesnar Will Make One More Run in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White doesn't buy that Brock Lesnar is actually retired from fighting read news >>

Dana White Believes Georges St-Pierre's Return was 'Purely Financial' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White casts doubt on Georges St-Pierre's medical status, claiming that the former champion's motives were "purely financial." read news >>

Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier Official for UFC 226 After Coaching on TUF 27 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White will get his wish after all. On Friday it was announced that heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic will compete in a super fight against light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier read news >>

Dana White: Referee Mario Yamasaki 'Should Never Set Foot in the Octagon Again' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White hopes referee Mario Yamasaki never sets foot in the octagon again after not stopping the UFC Fight Night 125 co-main event on Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 125 Post-Fight Press Conference Replay | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC Fight Night Belem Post-fight Press Conference replay, where key fighters from UFC Fight Night 125 fielded questions from reporters. read news >>