#UFC 217 #Michael Bisping #UFC Fight Night 55 #GSP #Conor McGregor

When the UFC removed Mark Hunt from the UFC 121 main event bout in Sydney, Australia, earlier this week, the transplanted New Zealander was livid.

UFC officials stated that Hunt was removed from his fight with Marcin Tybura and replaced by Fabricio Werdum due to concerns about his health following comments he made in an interview with the Player’s Voice.

“Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words,” he was quoted as saying. “My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday, but I can remember the (expletive) I did years and years ago. That’s just the price I’ve paid – the price of being a fighter. But I’ve fought a lot of drug cheats and copped a lot of punishment from guys who were cheating and that’s not right.”

Dana White over bloody Mark HuntAfter being removed from the fight, Hunt took to his Instagram account, where he stated that he was misquoted in the interview and claimed that the UFC was punishing him for a lawsuit that he is currently pursuing in relation to his contract and having to compete against fighters that had been caught using performance-enhancing drugs.

“I’m disappointed that I have been withdrawn from the fight, I have passed all medicals two days ago. And spent $100,000 on camp,” Hunt said. “The truth is the legal case I have filed has caused me to be withdrawn. The interview has been taken out of context and want to reassure all my fans, I slur my words only when I have a drink. I’m fit and healthy, and would have understood if the UFC requested a medical to ensure my safety, however, this is total (expletive). (Expletive) you Dana, you’ve always hated me you dog.”

White, in a Thursday comment to TMZ Sports, denied Hunt’s accusations, claiming that he and the UFC were only acting in Hunt’s best interests.

“I never hated Mark Hunt,” said White. “Sometimes, you gotta protect these guys from themselves and that’s what we’re looking into right now.”

(Video courtesy of TMZ Sports | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions)

Galleries

Mark Hunt Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White Claims He Paid Mark Hunt Nearly $2 Million, Despite Lawsuit | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White defended claims that he is trying to force Mark Hunt out of the UFC because of a lawsuit he filed against the company. read news >>

Dana White Slams Press Over Claims of UFC's Slow 2017: "Best Year Ever!" | MMAWeekly.com

When a reporter at the UFC 217 Post-Fight Press Conference questioned Dana White about the UFC's off year, he was incredulous. read news >>

Dana White Hints Money May Slow Conor McGregor's UFC Return | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White has been struggling to announce a headliner for the promotion's big year-end event in Las Vegas. He's also struggled to lock down a return for his top star, Conor McGregor. C read news >>

'Wonderboy' Pumps the Brakes on Rumored Fight Against Darren Till | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White announced a new welterweight matchup late Tuesday night in Los Angeles but there's only one problem — he forgot to tell the fighters. The proposed fight would pit former titl read news >>

Dana White is Getting into Promoting Boxing, '100 Percent' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Tuesday night admitted that he is actively pursuing a move into boxing promotion. read news >>

Dana White Trashes Bob Arum While Touting UFC's Possible Move into Boxing | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White is clearly not a fan of boxing promoter Bob Arum read news >>

Dana White and Crew Take Over New York On Lookin' for a Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC President Dana White and former champion Matt Serra visit New York City with UFC light heavyweight and lifelong New Yorker Gian Villante. read news >>

Mickey Gall Sees UFC 217 As the First Defense of His 'Dana White Lookin' For a Fight' Title | MMAWeekly.com

Mickey Gall never takes for granted how he was discovered when the opportunity came to join the UFC roster. Just minutes after his professional mixed martial arts debut, Gall took a shot by calling o read news >>

Dana White Reacts to Conor McGregor Asking for Co-Promotion For His Return to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White doesn't sound too worried about getting a deal done for Conor McGregor's return read news >>

Dana White Tries to ID Fighters by Their Tattoos: FAIL (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

How well does the UFC boss Dana White really know his fighters? White played "Guess Those Tattoos." read news >>