Lyoto Machida is a tricky opponent, but Dan Henderson believes he has the game plan to beat him Saturday at UFC 157.

Ahead of the matchup, Henderson joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer to discuss Machida, the possibility of a title shot and more.

On whether he’s fully recovered from the knee injury that kept him from fighting Jon Jones: “I’m ready to go. It’s not going to bother me in the fight at all.”

On Machida’s ability to control distance: “That’s probably the toughest part about fighting him is getting that range and kind of chasing him down a little bit without following him too much, just cutting him off and getting that distance right.”

On Machida’s striking: “He’s quick. I think in general I need to kind of not wait for him. That quickness that he has, if I’m sitting there waiting and he’s the one attacking, it makes it even tougher to counter. I think I need to be definitely controlling the pace of the fight. If I just wait on the outside and follow him around, that’s exactly what he loves. If I give him space, he loves to be able to run around and hopefully lull you a little bit into relaxing so he can rush at you with a nice straight left.”

On whether he had training partners who could mimic Machida: “It’s a little bit awkward. He moves around a lot. You get guys that move around a lot, and that’s the biggest thing. You get a couple of guys that are pretty quick and kick a lot and stop and counterpunch. It’s not that unheard of or that awkward. He’s different for sure, but I definitely have guys here that can mimic him well enough.”

On whether it bothers him that Chael Sonnen got the light heavyweight title shot against Jon Jones: “Obviously I’m friends with Chael and always wish the best for him, but in general for the sport, I thought it kind of just degraded the title a little bit when you get a guy that’s not even top 10, coming off a loss at the weight below, giving him a title shot. It doesn’t encourage some of the up-and-comer guys to really train hard, to think they might get passed over because the title shots aren’t really fair to who’s deserving of it but who can bring in the most pay-per-view dollars. But I’ve been around a while and I understand that. It is what it is, but at the same time, I didn’t agree with it. But I’m not the one running the company.”

On what winning a UFC title would mean to him: “It definitely would be kind of the cherry on top of my career. It’s definitely a goal of mine and something I plan on achieving before I’m done. If it happens now or if it happens after two or three fights -- I don’t plan on losing anymore fights, so I think it’s inevitable that that will happen.”

On how he feels and how much longer he plans on fighting: “I would say two or three [more] years. … Some days I feel like a 20-year-old. Some days I feel like a 60-year-old. Usually training camp wears me down a little bit and I’m worn out, but towards the end of training camp, when I begin to taper off and look to peak, I feel quite a bit younger. That’s where I’m at right now. I’m feeling pretty good. Honestly, my body was beat-up a little bit more when I used to wrestle. I feel good, but my kids are pretty active and as they get into high school, they’re going to keep me even busier than they do now. That’s time you never get back, so I want to make sure that I’ll be able to spend that time with them.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 15:25).

Andrei Arlovski: Dedicated to the Octagon Since UFC 28 (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Andrei Arlovski has long been dedicated to the game of MMA, having first competed in the Octagon at UFC 28 in November of 2000. read news >>

Josh Thomson vs. Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire set as Bellator 172 co-main event

Josh Thomson’s next fight won’t be a championship showdown with Bellator lightweight titleholder Michael Chandler. Instead, it will come against Patricky Freire at Bellator 172 next month.Filed under read news >>

Amanda Nunes' plan for 2 UFC belts? 'We need to start pumping the brakes,' White says

DENVER – Amanda Nunes’ ambitious plan for a second UFC title may need to wait a little while longer. At least until she’s earned a few more defenses of her bantamweight title.Filed under: Featured Vi read news >>

Dana White Wants Amanda Nunes to Pump the Breaks on Featherweight Title Talk (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White wants UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes to "pump the breaks" on her plan to challenge the inaugural women's UFC featherweight champion. read news >>

Julianna Pena reflects on first UFC loss: Even 'Michael Jordan missed shots'

Julianna Pena says she won’t allow losing her most high-profile fight to date to derail her career.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

Manager says Gegard Mousasi's UFC 210 bout not in jeopardy, but UFC monitoring situation

Gegard Mousasi’s manager is confident the UFC middleweight won’t be kept from fighting ex-champ Chris Weidman at UFC 210. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After win over 'Zombie,' UFC Fight Night 104's Dennis Bermudez wants interim champ Holloway

HOUSTON – Dennis Bermudez has a plan in place after Saturday night, and it’s a good one. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>