#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

Vitor Belfort vs Dan Henderson Pride 32Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort first fought at Pride 32 on Oct. 24, 2006 in a light heavyweight bout.  Henderson defeated Belfort that night via unanimous decision. The two are now slated to meet again at UFC Fight Night 32 on Nov. 9 in Brazil.

In the seven years since their first fight, both fighters have remained relevant in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions.  They’ve both competed for titles in the two weight classes, but came up short.

Henderson (29-10) has lost his last two outings and is determined to not lose three in a row.

“They’re all must-wins in my mind. Obviously, I don’t want to lose three in a row. I feel real confident about my training and my skills, and matching up well with Vitor,” Henderson recently told Fox Sports.

Henderson’s last two opponents, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans, didn’t engage in the type of fight Henderson is accustomed to.  There wasn’t the spirited exchanges Henderson likes, but he believes Belfort is the type of fighter that’s going to be willing to trade shots.

“I’m excited to go out there and fight somebody that’s gonna bang with me. Vitor’s been around a long time. He’s very dangerous and he’s very quick,” he said.  “Seems like he’s got some kicks now, so I guess that’s different than before. I’m excited to go out and fight him.”

At 43 years old, Henderson’s fighting career is winding down, but he feels like he’s got a couple more years in the game.

“I’ve got probably five or six fights (left),” he said when asked about retirement.

Henderson was scheduled to fight for the light heavyweight title against champion Jon Jones at UFC 151, but was forced out of the bout due to a knee injury and hasn’t been able to get back to the top contender status.  He’s not sure if he’ll be able to make another title run, but a win over Belfort would put him back in the title picture.

“We’ll see,” he said about another title run.  “I’m a little farther away from that than I’d like to be. I had two close fights that didn’t go my way, so I need to get right back in there.”

In the rematch, Henderson plans to take the fight to Belfort.

“Make him work hard, staying in his face. Make sure he knows he’s in a fight,” he said were his keys to victory.

“I’m excited to go out there and bang with him.”

Galleries

Vitor Belfort Fights

• a year ago

Dan Henderson Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Hendricks feels 'reborn' after training with Jackson-Wink for UFC 217

“All I can say is that I’m excited, I can’t wait to see improvements I have made and how much better have I gotten in just four weeks. That’s what I’m excited about. I’m getting reborn in a sense," H read news >>

Excited about Rose Namajunas' UFC title win? You've got nothing on Justin Gaethje

If you think you were excited about Rose Namajunas’ title win at Saturday’s UFC 217 event, you’ve got nothing on Justin Gaethje.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Darren Till vs. Stephen Thompson? Don't get too excited just yet

It sounds like the UFC wants rising English welterweight Darren Till to headline in his hometown of Liverpool, but it’ll take a lot of moving parts.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos read news >>

Vitor Belfort vs. Uriah Hall now official for UFC Fight Night 124 in St. Louis

Vitor Belfort took the liberty of announcing his next fight booking, against Uriah Hall, a few weeks ago. Now it’s official.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

An Excited Sage Northcutt Reflects on UFC Norfolk Win | MMAWeekly.com

Twenty-one-year-old lightweight prospect Sage Northcutt rebounded from his loss to Mickey Gall with a dominating win over Michel Quiñones on Saturday. read news >>

Chase Sherman not excited for Shamil Abdurakhimov at UFC-Shanghai: He 'fights like a (expletive) girl'

• a day ago

Chase Sherman loses a bit of his twinkle when discussing UFC Fight Night 122 opponent Shamil Abdurakhimov.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Nate Diaz scared of Tyron Woodley? No, coach says UFC just needs to pay what's right

• a day ago

Nate Diaz’s boxing coach, Richard Perez, says Diaz should be paid “15 million easy” to fight Tyron Woodley.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After everything worked against her in debut, Gina Mazany ready to shine at UFC-Shanghai

• a day ago

As far as UFC debuts go, Gina Mazany had one she’d probably like to forget. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Daniel Cormier tweeted something peculiar about Tony Ferguson, Khabib Nurmagomedov

• a day ago

Did the UFC try to book Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov for UFC 219?Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor's lethal hands will be 'a lot better' upon UFC return, coach John Kavanagh says

• a day ago

Six months of boxing training for Floyd Mayweather should benefit Conor McGregor in a big way when he returns to the UFC.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>