Damien Brown-Fight-LegacyWhen looking at Australian lightweight Damien Brown’s career, it would be easy to compare it to the ocean tide. It began with high tide, winning his first six pro fights; followed by low tide, losing his next three fights; to being followed up by high tide again, currently on a three-fight winning streak.

Brown credits those around him for getting him through the rough times and back on track.

“I have a fantastic team of coaches and training partners and I never felt unready for any of those fights,” he said. “I always came well prepared and conditioned, however, I lost to a quick TKO in one and the other two were very good, advanced BJJ techniques.

“I was winning the fights until I got caught, so I guess my confidence wasn’t down because I knew I was ready and winning, but just got unlucky. My team always backed me and I just pushed through.”

During his current winning streak, Brown made a successful debut in China’s Legend FC, and is once again being asked to return to the promotion for their April 27 card in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, against up-and-coming Japanese Shooto star Yasuke Kasuya.

“I think this is a very even and solid match-up for me,” said Brown. “I’m confident I can win. I just need to control the fight and I think I can win it on my feet or in the wrestle.

“I like this fight and have been excited about it since first being told my opponent.”

This past February, Brown defeated Rob Hill, who had previously defeated Kasuya.

When asked what he thought about beating a fighter who had won against his upcoming opponent, Brown said, “He dominated Rob for most of the round before a simple mistake cost him the fight. It’s good to know he’s beatable and I believe I got the right game to beat him.”

A win over Kasuya could be a big boost in helping Brown gain international exposure and take another step closer towards obtaining a championship, both of which are part of his game plan for the remainder of the year.

“For 2013, I just want to take it one fight at a time,” he said. “I’m planning a trip to Denver, Colo., in the U.S. to train and I want to increase the winning streak I’ve got going.

“I’d like to have my shot at the title by the year’s end. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks in life, if you want it, go after it.”

Brown obviously puts a lot of importance on those around him, and had nothing but praise for his coaches and the sponsors that have supported him.

“I’d like to thank my coaches Dan Higgins, Adrian Pang and Steve Compton. Thanks to Integrated MMA and my training partners; my sponsors Temper Fightwear, Prodigy fit, Australian Sports Nutrition, Rocktape Australia, Again Faster and MMA apparel Australia.”

Bellator 171's Melvin Guillard eyes fight with Paul Daley, wants to avoid B.J. Penn-like career end

Melvin Guillard has a bout with Chidi Njokuani lined up for Friday’s Bellator 171 event, but he’s already considering what could come after, and he’s seeking an explosive fight in the welterweight di read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 171 with headliners Guillard, Njokuani heading in opposite directions

Last week’s Bellator 170 fight card earned fantastic ratings for the promotion. The question now becomes how many of those viewers were convinced to stick with the promotion for Friday’s Bellator 171 read news >>

Francis Ngannou Embraces Championship Expectations (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Heading into battle with Andrei Arlovski, rising heavyweight star Francis Ngannou embraces the pressure of those who think he could be a UFC champion. read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on Fox 23 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into Fight Night 104

UFC on Fox 23 is in the books. The results are as follows: Main Card Valentina Shevchenko def. Julianna Pena via second-round submission Jorge Masvidal def. Donald Cerrone via second-round TKO Franci read news >>

Cage Warriors 81 heads to Dublin in March with light heavyweight title up for grabs

Cage Warriors is heading back to Ireland for the first time since 2014 when it brings a vacant title fight to Dublin. Filed under: Cage Warriors, News read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC 208

UFC Fight Night 104 is in the books. The results are as follows: Main Card Chan Sung Jung def. Dennis Bermudez, knockout (Round 1, 2:49) Felice Herrig def. Alexa Grasso, unanimous decision (29-28, 29 read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>