#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Luke Rockhold #Jon Jones #Michael Bisping #David Branch #UFC 215 #Saturday Night Fights

Damien Brown-Fight-LegacyWhen looking at Australian lightweight Damien Brown’s career, it would be easy to compare it to the ocean tide. It began with high tide, winning his first six pro fights; followed by low tide, losing his next three fights; to being followed up by high tide again, currently on a three-fight winning streak.

Brown credits those around him for getting him through the rough times and back on track.

“I have a fantastic team of coaches and training partners and I never felt unready for any of those fights,” he said. “I always came well prepared and conditioned, however, I lost to a quick TKO in one and the other two were very good, advanced BJJ techniques.

“I was winning the fights until I got caught, so I guess my confidence wasn’t down because I knew I was ready and winning, but just got unlucky. My team always backed me and I just pushed through.”

During his current winning streak, Brown made a successful debut in China’s Legend FC, and is once again being asked to return to the promotion for their April 27 card in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, against up-and-coming Japanese Shooto star Yasuke Kasuya.

“I think this is a very even and solid match-up for me,” said Brown. “I’m confident I can win. I just need to control the fight and I think I can win it on my feet or in the wrestle.

“I like this fight and have been excited about it since first being told my opponent.”

This past February, Brown defeated Rob Hill, who had previously defeated Kasuya.

When asked what he thought about beating a fighter who had won against his upcoming opponent, Brown said, “He dominated Rob for most of the round before a simple mistake cost him the fight. It’s good to know he’s beatable and I believe I got the right game to beat him.”

A win over Kasuya could be a big boost in helping Brown gain international exposure and take another step closer towards obtaining a championship, both of which are part of his game plan for the remainder of the year.

“For 2013, I just want to take it one fight at a time,” he said. “I’m planning a trip to Denver, Colo., in the U.S. to train and I want to increase the winning streak I’ve got going.

“I’d like to have my shot at the title by the year’s end. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks in life, if you want it, go after it.”

Brown obviously puts a lot of importance on those around him, and had nothing but praise for his coaches and the sponsors that have supported him.

“I’d like to thank my coaches Dan Higgins, Adrian Pang and Steve Compton. Thanks to Integrated MMA and my training partners; my sponsors Temper Fightwear, Prodigy fit, Australian Sports Nutrition, Rocktape Australia, Again Faster and MMA apparel Australia.”

Comments

Ray Borg says he's going to end Demetrious Johnson's career in UFC 215 title fight

Ray Borg believes he’s not only going to upset UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson, but also retire him at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 182's Joey Davis' modest goals for MMA career? 'I want to be the next big thing'

Four-time NCAA Division II national champion and unbeaten wrestler Joey Davis already is daring to dream big ahead of Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Purse: Known Prize Money Payout Distribution

Floyd Mayweather Jr. improved to 50-0 in his illustrious boxing career and handled Conor McGregor during Saturday's fight at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, but both men will reportedly take home pl read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Purse: Breaking Down Prize Money Payouts for Both

Floyd Mayweather earned a 50th career win and reportedly nine figures worth of money Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada. Money defeated Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena via a 10th-round technica read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Purse: Known Prize Money Payout Distribution

Mayweather vs. McGregor Purse: Breaking Down Prize Money Payouts for Both

Don't Shortchange Floyd Mayweather's Legacy After Legendary Career Ends at 50-0

Floyd Mayweather ended his storied boxing career by knocking out the most feared MMA fighter on the planet. After defeating Conor McGregor on Saturday night in Las Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena, Maywea read news >>

Ranking Floyd Mayweather's Options for His Next Career Move

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vanquished Conor McGregor on Saturday night in the 10th round of a fight that somehow managed to exceed even the loftiest (and some say biased) expectations despite featuring one read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen happy with big win over Veta Arteaga, but in no rush with her career

After edging Veta Arteaga at Bellator 182 win, Bruna Ellen is satisfied with how the strategy to halt her opponent’s aggression panned out.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>