#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Ovince St. Preux #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Roy Nelson #Javy Ayala #Gokhan Saki

When he got the offer to fight Anthony Johnson, D.J. Linderman didn’t hesitate to accept. He never does, though.

“My manager has problems with that,” Linderman said with a laugh Monday during an appearance on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’m the guy he calls with any fight and I’m like, ‘Yes.’ He’s like, ‘Take 15 seconds.’ I was like, ‘No, this is a name and this is something I’ve been waiting for, a big name like this.’ It’s going to stand me out in front of the world.”

Linderman meets Johnson on Saturday at the inaugural World Series of Fighting. The matchup is one of four main card bouts that will air live on NBC Sports Network. Prelims will be streamed live on Sherdog.com.

“This is the biggest fight for me mentally and physically,” Linderman said. “… It’s going to be definitely the toughest for sure. He has a lot of stuff to bring to the table as well as me.”

Of course, after accepting the bout, there was a moment when Linderman realized that he would be fighting an opponent who had considerable success in the UFC.

“It kind of kicked in once I got to my coach and was like, ‘Hey, coach. This is my opponent,’” Linderman said. “He looked at me and was like, ‘We’ve got some work to do.’”

Linderman didn’t disagree. His record is similar to Johnson’s, but Johnson has fought much better competition on a much bigger stage. That’s why Linderman sees the matchup as a huge opportunity, though.

“Especially them throwing me on a co-main event on their very first show and especially against Anthony Johnson, they want to see an extravagant show,” he said. “Not just a good show -- they want to see guys out there putting everything on the line, and that’s what I’m striving for. I’m going to give them everything I have.”

Linderman will enter the bout on a three-fight win streak. Johnson has also won three straight, including two in a row as a light heavyweight. The UFC veteran moved up to 205 pounds after struggling to make 170 and 185. He’s trying to work his way back to the Octagon, but Linderman will look to derail him Saturday in spectacular fashion.

“I’m going to come into this fight banging with him, exchanging, taking the war either on the feet or I’m going to take it to the ground, wherever I feel he’s weakest,” Linderman said. “He’s going to end up getting submitted. I can’t tell you how I’m going to do it, but it’s going to work out that way and he just better be prepared for it.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:19:44).

Galleries

Anthony Johnson Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor 'Money Fight' gets Saturday replay on Showtime

If you didn’t shell out the nearly $100 for “The Money Fight” on Saturday, you’ll have a chance to catch a replay at the end of the week.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor's coaches, teammates react to Floyd Mayweather loss

Conor McGregor didn’t get the job done against Floyd Mayweather, but his solid effort was still a prideful moment for coaches and teammates.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Watch Stefan Struve Make Short Work of Lavar Johnson (UFC Rotterdam Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Stefan Struve submit Lavar Johnson in 2012. read news >>

Triple H Ready to Offer Ronda Rousey an Opportunity in WWE Right Now | MMAWeekly.com

If Ronda Rousey wants to transition from mixed martial arts to professional wrestling, she's got a standing offer on the table from the biggest promotion in the world. After making an appearance at W read news >>

Jose Aldo: No moral victory for Conor McGregor in TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather

Jose Aldo says he didn’t even watch “The Money Fight” but wasn’t surprised – or impressed – when he heard about how it ended.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

This PRIDE-tastic edit of Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor will give you nostalgia chills

Behold, the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor edit that you didn’t know you needed, which also makes you realize how well this fight would have fit in with the overall aesthetic of Japan’s now defu read news >>

UFC 215 results: Kajan Johnson right hand stuns Adriano Martins

Following nearly two years away from the cage, Kajan Johnson didn’t exactly impress for two rounds but eventually scored a highlight-reel finish of Adriano Martins.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

A breakdown of Mayweather vs. McGregor ticket sales revenue

The hottest ticket for “The Money Fight” was $5,000, although it didn’t necessarily sell at that price.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Gregor Gillespie taps out Jason Gonzalez in absolute barnburner

Gregor Gillespie kept his career record perfect, but Jason Gonzalez didn’t make it easy.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Anthony Smith starts slow but blasts Hector Lombard in 3rd

Anthony Smith didn’t exactly inspire for the opening two rounds of his clash with Hector Lombard, but he turned it on in the third.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>