When he got the offer to fight Anthony Johnson, D.J. Linderman didn’t hesitate to accept. He never does, though.

“My manager has problems with that,” Linderman said with a laugh Monday during an appearance on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’m the guy he calls with any fight and I’m like, ‘Yes.’ He’s like, ‘Take 15 seconds.’ I was like, ‘No, this is a name and this is something I’ve been waiting for, a big name like this.’ It’s going to stand me out in front of the world.”

Linderman meets Johnson on Saturday at the inaugural World Series of Fighting. The matchup is one of four main card bouts that will air live on NBC Sports Network. Prelims will be streamed live on Sherdog.com.

“This is the biggest fight for me mentally and physically,” Linderman said. “… It’s going to be definitely the toughest for sure. He has a lot of stuff to bring to the table as well as me.”

Of course, after accepting the bout, there was a moment when Linderman realized that he would be fighting an opponent who had considerable success in the UFC.

“It kind of kicked in once I got to my coach and was like, ‘Hey, coach. This is my opponent,’” Linderman said. “He looked at me and was like, ‘We’ve got some work to do.’”

Linderman didn’t disagree. His record is similar to Johnson’s, but Johnson has fought much better competition on a much bigger stage. That’s why Linderman sees the matchup as a huge opportunity, though.

“Especially them throwing me on a co-main event on their very first show and especially against Anthony Johnson, they want to see an extravagant show,” he said. “Not just a good show -- they want to see guys out there putting everything on the line, and that’s what I’m striving for. I’m going to give them everything I have.”

Linderman will enter the bout on a three-fight win streak. Johnson has also won three straight, including two in a row as a light heavyweight. The UFC veteran moved up to 205 pounds after struggling to make 170 and 185. He’s trying to work his way back to the Octagon, but Linderman will look to derail him Saturday in spectacular fashion.

“I’m going to come into this fight banging with him, exchanging, taking the war either on the feet or I’m going to take it to the ground, wherever I feel he’s weakest,” Linderman said. “He’s going to end up getting submitted. I can’t tell you how I’m going to do it, but it’s going to work out that way and he just better be prepared for it.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:19:44).

Dominick Cruz dismisses Raphael Assuncao's callout, says next fight will be for UFC belt

Dominick Cruz didn’t get an immediate rematch after he lost the UFC bantamweight title to Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207 in December. However, if the former champ is to be believed, his next fight will st read news >>

Jon Jones Likely to Face Daniel Cormier-Anthony Johnson Winner, Says Dana White

Jon Jones may have a nice gift waiting for him when he comes back from his yearlong suspension: a UFC light heavyweight championship fight. In an interview on the UFC Unfiltered podcast (h/t FoxSport read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

Kevin Lee talks offer to help train Floyd Mayweather for possible Conor McGregor boxing match

UFC lightweight Kevin Lee, who trains regularly at Floyd Mayweather’s gym, says he’d be excited to be the boxing legends’s training partner should the highly-speculated boxing scrap with UFC champ Co read news >>

Korean Zombie Pulls Off First Twister in UFC History (UFC Houston Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the "Korean Zombie," Chang Sung Jung, submit Leonard Garcia at UFC Fight Night Seattle in 2011 with the first ever Twister in UFC history. read news >>

UFC boss Dana White says Nate Diaz has fight offer – and Nick Diaz turned down a pair

HOUSTON – UFC President Dana White says he’s offered Nate Diaz a fight. Against whom, exactly, is anyone’s guess.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

James Vick's unexpected problem? Arms almost too long to submit fellow lightweights

HOUSTON – At 6-3 tall man James Vick has occasionally noticed a problem that most of his fellow lightweights don’t have to deal with.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Mike Jackson to CM Punk: 'Let's see who the real can is'

Mike Jackson didn’t show up to this past Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event to push a fight with Phil “CM Punk” Brooks. He was just there to work.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White's UFC Fight Offer | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recently said that Nate Diaz had been offered a fight, and he was awaiting a response. It appears that he now has one. read news >>

Holly Holm Sees a Rematch with Germaine de Randamie as 'Warranted' | MMAWeekly.com

Holly Holm’s evening at UFC 208 didn’t end like she wanted. She thought she won a five-round fight and would be crowned featherweight champion. read news >>