#UFC Fight Night 128 #Kevin Lee #Edson Barboza #Conor McGregor #Fight On #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Tony Ferguson #Frankie Edgar #Jon Jones #Cub Swanson #Askhab Zulaev #UFC 216 #UFC 223

'Cyborg' wants Rousey fight for fans, has 'nothing personal against her'

While some believe there is a long-running blood feud between Invicta FC champion Cristiane Justino and UFC champion Ronda Rousey, “Cyborg” insists the relationship isn’t personal: She just wants to give the fans the fight they want to see.

“I don’t have anything personal against her,” Justino told MMAjunkie.com Radio. “She talks stuff about me, and I think all the time she’s talking about me. I don’t know if she loves me, but I don’t have nothing personal. I think everything is professional.”

The rivalry between the two high-level female fighters began years ago when Justino (12-1 MMA) and Rousey (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) were the respective featherweight and bantamweight champions of the now-defunct Strikeforce organization.

There has since been a lot of talk about putting together the potential matchup, but the sticking point has always been what weight class the bout would be contested under.

Rousey has been firm in her stance that since she is the champion of the bigger company, Justino should accommodate her by dropping down to 135 pounds.

Unfortunately, the Brazilian says the additional 10-pound weight cut is not physically plausible.

“I’m very heavy and my bones are heavy and I try to make 135, but I think it’s very difficult for me,” Justino said. “I think 145 is very hard. Always when I make 145 I say, ‘Why?’ It’s very difficult for me to make 145 and I said, ‘If Ronda wants to fight me she can make 140 and go up and I’ll go down five pounds.”

Even when the idea of a catchweight affair has been brought up in the past, Rousey hasn’t appeared interested, as she wants Justino to drop the weight so their fight could be for the UFC championship.

While a title fight would be the ideal situation in terms of promotion, Justino said it shouldn’t determine whether or not the bout takes place because ultimately she just wants to put together what would arguably be the biggest women’s MMA fight ever – belt or no belt.

“I don’t care about the belt in the UFC, I care about the fight,” Justino said. “I think everybody wants to see the fight. I’m the champion of Invicta now. I don’t care. But I think the fans want to watch this fight, and I think it would be very exciting.”

As time goes on, to some fans, it likely feels like the dream fight between Justino and Rousey isn’t meant to be and will never take place.

Justino is testing herself outside of the MMA cage by taking her next fight under muay Thai rules on Friday at Lion Fight 11 in Las Vegas, while Rousey stayed busy coaching “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show opposite Miesha Tate and traveling the world for movie roles.

Even though Justino is eager to make the fight with Rousey happen, she is unwilling to budge on the idea of a 140-pound catchweight battle.

Some may criticize the 28-year-old for refusing to at least attempt to cut the weight, but Justino believes the UFC isn’t being flexible enough on the matter because it fears a champion from another organization will come in and defeat its poster girl.

“I think the UFC tries to protect Ronda because the boss wants everything inside their event, Justino said. “If we’re going to make this fight, why not 140? Everyone says, ‘Oh Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva and (Georges) St-Pierre vs. somebody else [at a catchweight]. I think we should make this fight at 140.

“I just want to go over there and win the fight then go back to my home at Invicta.”

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Comments

Fans invited to weigh-ins, Chael Sonnen/Frank Mir comedy show at Bellator 198

• 15 hours ago

If you’re heading to “The Windy City” for this week’s Bellator 198 card, you have some fight-week events available to attend. read news >>

Just 0-0 as pro, but Bellator 198's Dillon Danis 'getting into this to be the world champion'

Casual MMA fans may know Dillon Danis as two things: a great grappler, and a training partner to former UFC champion Conor McGregor. Danis, though, plans to be known as something else: a world champi read news >>

UFC Fight Night 128 main-card breakdown: Can Jim Miller pull the upset for his home Jersey fans?

MMAjunkie Radio co-host Dan Tom provides a breakdown of UFC Fight Night 128. Today, we look at the four fights that open the main card. 1 2 3 4 …5 read news >>

Bellator's Emmanuel Sanchez has 'aggression, pain' to take out on Sam Sicilia (nothing personal)

For Emmanuel Sanchez, beating Sam Sicilia at Bellator 198 is just the next step to becoming champion. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: If a new UFC TV deal comes with a new streaming service to buy, will fans go along?

The UFC’s rumored TV deal, Frankie Edgar’s quick turnaround at UFC Fight Night 128 and much more in this week’s TMB. read news >>

Fans invited to workouts, weigh-ins, fan experience at UFC Atlantic City

If you’re heading to “America’s Playground” for this week’s UFC Fight Night 128, you have some fight-week events you can attend for free. read news >>

Fans invited to workouts, weigh-ins, fan experience at UFC Atlantic City

UFC Celebrates 25th Anniversary by Offering 25 Fans a Trip to Its Anniversary Event | MMAWeekly.com

UFC on Thursday announced the launch of its 'Faces of UFC' campaign to celebrate the global brand's passionate fan base as it commemorates its 25th anniversary in 2018. "In just 25 years, we've built read news >>

Holly Holm to Fight Megan Anderson at UFC 225

Fighting fans in Chicago just got one more reason to be excited for June 9. According to Phil Thompson of the Chicago Tribune , Holly Holm has been added to the UFC 225 card... read news >>

Tony Ferguson, Nate Diaz were not fans of Khabib Nurmagomedov's UFC 223 performance

Tony Ferguson and Nate Diaz had immediate reactions to Khabib Nurmagomedov’s UFC 223 victory, and they weren’t complimentary. read news >>

Watch Khabib Nurmagomedov's Q&A with fans at open workouts for UFC 223 in Brooklyn

Ahead of Saturday’s blockbuster UFC 223, the main and co-main event fighters worked out for the fans and met the media today. read news >>

UFC Champ Max Holloway Needs to Cut an Unhealthy Amount of Weight…in 6 Days

Max Holloway earned respect from MMA fans for having the moxy to accept a UFC 223 fight against lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov on short notice after Tony Ferguson withdrew ... read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov opens as 5-to-1 betting favorite over Max Holloway at UFC 223

Max Holloway may have earned fans’ respect by stepping in on short notice at UFC 223, but the bookmakers didn’t share in the enthusiasm. read news >>

Fans invited to news conference, workouts, weigh-ins for UFC 223 in Brooklyn

If you’re heading to the “Big Apple” for this week’s UFC 223 card, you have some fight-week events you can attend for free. read news >>

Sean Grande returns to broadcast booth for 'one night only' at Bellator 196

Bellator fans will hear a recognizable voice on play-by-play duties next month at Bellator 196 when Sean Grande returns for “one night only.” read news >>