#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #UFC Fight Night 118 #Dominick Cruz #Donald Cerrone #Cody Garbrandt #Felice Herrig

Cung Le provided MMA fans with one of the year’s cleanest knockouts in the UFC on Fuel TV 6 headliner on Saturday, putting former middleweight champion Rich Franklin to sleep with a perfectly-timed counter right hook to wrap the promotion’s inaugural event on Chinese soil.

The 185-pound main event took place at Cotai Arena in Macau, with both southpaws taking their time in establishing the striking range. Le ended the bout in the blink of an eye, timing his accurate counter punch just a moment after absorbing a low kick from Franklin.

Franklin tried to throw a punch of his own, but it was too late. Le’s haymaker crashed into Franklin’s jaw, instantly turning out his lights and sending him face-first to the canvas at 2:17 of the first round. Though the crisp counter earned Le “Knockout of the Night” honors, the former Strikeforce king was modest when asked about the fight-ending blow.

“I feel like I’m in a dream right now,” Le told Fox Spots following his first-round knockout of Franklin. “That was a money punch. I just saw him timing my kicks, so I waited for him to punch, and I threw that overhand right. I got lucky and caught him.”

After Franklin fell, Le began to celebrate wildly, performing a backflip before scaling the cage wall and hoisting his hands high as the crowd cheered the finish.

“It’s funny, when I hit him, I felt a little jolt in my elbow, but it was just all adrenaline,” Le said of the finishing sequence. “I don’t remember what happened. I was just so happy that all the blood went to my head, and I got a little dizzy.”

Le has now won consecutive fights for the first time in over four years. The middleweight’s last appearance came against onetime UFC title challenger Patrick Cote in July. Though the veteran sanshou stylist walked away from that UFC 148 clash with a unanimous decision win, he also took home a badly bruised foot, an injury that Le says has still not fully healed.

With Saturday’s triumph now behind him, the 40-year-old plans to take some time away from the cage to allow his body to recuperate. While Le knows time may be running short on his competitive fight career, he hopes to make the most of the time he has remaining as a member of the UFC roster.

“I love to do martial arts. I love to compete,” said Le. “If I can do it as long as I live, I will, but I know my clock is ticking.”

Comments

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for 'OSP,' Andrade and UFC Fight Night 117's other winning fighters?

After every event, fans wonder whom the winners will be matched up with next. We put on our matchmaker shoes after UFC Fight Night 117.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

'Turkish Mike Tyson'? Gokhan Saki sounds more like Turkish Conor McGregor after UFC debut

Some fight fans call Gokhan Saki the “Turkish Mike Tyson.” But he spoke a lot more like Conor McGregor after his huge knockout win.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Get To Know TUF Cast: Sijara Eubanks

Fans of the UFC may be getting their first look at Sijara Eubanks on season 26 of The Ultimate Fighter, but those who have worked with the promotion for any length of time are no strangers to the eas read news >>

Francis Ngannou vs. Alistair Overeem booked as UFC 218 co-headliner in Detroit

UFC heavyweight prospect Francis Ngannou won’t get a title shot as he wished, but he will get an ex-champion in Alistair Overeem.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Calls for Fight with Volkan Oezdemir Next | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier asked and the fans responded. The reigning UFC light heavyweight champion put out a call on social media recently asking who he should face when he returns to action in 2018 with the o read news >>

Here's a video of UFC 216 headliner Tony Ferguson going all over the map

Tony Ferguson talked superheroes, bears, batting cages and even Kazushi Sakuraba during his final media scrum in advance of his fight with Kevin Lee at UFC 216. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Tony Ferguson warns if UFC books Conor McGregor-Nate Diaz 3, 'fans will be pissed'

No great surprise, but Tony Ferguson doesn’t like the idea of a rubber match between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Cub Swanson says he's headlining UFC Fight Night 123 against Brian Ortega

UFC Fight Night 123 in California appears to have its headliner: Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Report: UFC champ Max Holloway faces Frankie Edgar in UFC 218 headliner

Hawaii meets New Jersey in Detroit.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 headliner Tony Ferguson: 'Fake' Kevin Lee is 'trying to be something that he's not'

Tony Ferguson is taking more shots at Kevin Lee in the final days leading up their interim UFC lightweight title bout at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>