#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Gokhan Saki #Lorenz Larkin #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Roy Nelson #Yushin Okami

Cris Cyborg Santos 029 SF16-478x270“I’m very happy to come back and I want to fight soon.”

Cris Cyborg made that statement following a first-round TKO stoppage of Fiona Muxlow at Invicta FC 5 on Friday night. It was Cyborg’s first bout in 16 months, marking her return from a yearlong suspension for testing positive for steroids following her last fight.

The victory not only marked her return to action, it also launched her into a title fight with Marloes Coenen for the Invicta FC featherweight championship, assuring Cyborg that she will indeed fight again soon.

The bout is expected to take place in the latter part of June or early July, Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp told MMAWeekly.com.

Coenen and Cyborg are looking forward to the fight just the same. It’s a rematch of their Jan. 30, 2010, Strikeforce bout, in which Cyborg won via TKO stoppage in the third round.

“After my first fight with Cris – I know this sounds stupid – but I kind of underestimated her,” said Coenen on Friday night. “But I hate it when I lose. I really hate that and I always want to make up for my losses.

“What I like about Cris is she is a true, true fighter,” Coenen continued.

“I like a challenge. I always said I wanted to do it at the end of my career, but if it came sooner, it came sooner.”

The respect is mutual.

“I am very pleased because after the fight I did with her and she lose,” commented Cyborg, “she say to me, I want to fight you again.”

The fight is expected to headline Invicta FC 6.

Galleries

Cris Cyborg Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Top 25 finishes in Invicta FC history (Nos. 15-11): Body kicks galore

With Invicta FC’s 25th event around the corner, the all-female promotion has rolled out a countdown of the 25 best finishes in its history.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Watch 'Invicta FC 25: Road to Pa'aluhi vs. Kunitskaya' ahead of Thursday title fight

Go behind the scenes of the vacant bantamweight title fight between Raquel Pa’aluhi and Yana Kunitskaya in “Road to Invicta FC 25.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Invicta FC 25 Weigh-in Video Live, Wednesday at 8p ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Invicta FC 25 weigh-in streaming live on Wednesday at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Invicta FC 25 weigh-in results

Invicta FC will crown a new champion tomorrow night.Filed under: News read news >>

Invicta FC 25: Road to Pa'aluhi vs Kunitskaya Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta FC will make its inaugural visit to the Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino on Thursday, Aug. 31 for Invicta FC 25. read news >>

Invicta FC 25 live results: Raquel Pa'aluhi vs. Yana Kunitskaya

A new bantamweight champion will be crowned at Invicta FC 25.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Invicta FC 25 live results: Raquel Pa'aluhi vs. Yana Kunitskaya

Yana Kunitskaya Picture Perfect in Claiming Bantamweight Belt (Invicta FC 25 Results & Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

It’s been a wild road to the title for Yana Kunitskaya, but she put on a picture-perfect performance at Invicta FC 25. read news >>

Meet 'The Ultimate Fighter 26' cast: Ex-Invicta FC champ Barb Honchak, who's been M.I.A. since 2014

A former Invicta FC champion, 38-year-old Barb Honchak is back and looks to make history in the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Invicta FC 25 Fight Highlights: Yana Kunitskaya and Livia Renata Souza Score Big Wins | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the full Invicta FC 25: Kunitskaya vs. Pa'aluhi fight highlights and post-show wrap-up. read news >>