Cris Cris “Cyborg” Santos’ manager believes a bout with Ronda Rousey will happen, but not at 135 pounds.

UFC Hall of Famer and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz now manages former Strikeforce titleholder Cris Santos.  He spoke with MMAWeekly.com about Santos’ career, her return and a possible bout with Ronda Rousey.

“It is going to happen, for sure.  The fans are going to get that fight – at 135-pounds, no way.  She can’t do it healthwise, but the fight is going to happen, for sure,” said Ortiz about a Cyborg match-up with Rousey.

“When Cris Cyborg dominates and takes out Ronda Rousey then she’ll be right back in the shoes when she was a world champion and taking out some of the biggest names in the women’s division.”

Santos was stripped of her title after testing positive for a banned substance following her technical knockout win over Hiroko Yamanaka in December.  The win has since been changed to a no contest and Santos is currently serving a suspension from fighting.

“I know the mishap she happened to have last year,” said Ortiz.  “She was just in the wrong hands I think.  She stood up for herself.  She said, yes, I made a mistake.  I sat down and talked to her and told her we can’t have this happen ever again.  I kind of want to revamp you and make you the true champion you are.

“She said, ’yes, I made a mistake. The people around me were bad people, but I’m the one that made the decision and I shouldn’t have and I’ll never do it again.’

I said, ‘I’ll put my stamp on you. You’re a great fighter. You’re one of the best in the world.’ No girl can touch this girl. This girl is amazing. She is an amazing fighter.”

In her time away from competing, Santos has been working to make herself more marketable in the U.S.

“We actually have her in English classes right now.  I’m trying to help build her brand.  She promised me that she’s going to do everything in her power that she possibly can to continue to be a world champion.  We’re just waiting for her suspension to be lifted.  I think it’s in November,” said Ortiz.

“I want her to defend her title as long as Anderson Silva did… because the women’s division has taken off.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Strikeforce and MMA news.

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

Jorge Masvidal vs. Robbie Lawler? Or Masvidal vs. Demian Maia? With Nick Diaz out, it could happen

With an impressive win over Donald Cerrone in this past weekend’s UFC on FOX 23 co-headliner, rising welterweight contender Jorge Masvidal could soon get another high-profile matchup.Filed under: New read news >>

Dana White Says Ronda Rousey is Probably Done Fighting | MMAWeekly.com

After losing back-to-back bouts for the first time in her career, it appears that former Ronda Rousey may be riding off into the sunset. read news >>

Dana White Addresses Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Fixed Fight Claims | MMAWeekly.com

Was Tito Ortiz's final fight a work? Was the fix in? UFC president Dana White weighs in. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Receives Apology from Amanda Nunes for Post-UFC 207 Comments

Current UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes held nothing back after she swiftly defeated Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Dec. 30. On Tuesday, more than one month after her victory, she apologized to Ro read news >>

UFC Champ Amanda Nunes Issues Apology to Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes on Tuesday issued an apology to former champ Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Manager says Gegard Mousasi's UFC 210 bout not in jeopardy, but UFC monitoring situation

Gegard Mousasi’s manager is confident the UFC middleweight won’t be kept from fighting ex-champ Chris Weidman at UFC 210. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

Dana White on Ronda Rousey: The Day Comes When You Don't Have It Anymore | MMAWeekly.com

So what's up with Ronda Rousey's downward spiral in the Octagon? It's simple, says Dana White, "It's a young man's and a young woman's game." read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Tim Boetsch, Jarred Brooks & Ronda Rousey's Retirement | MMAWeekly.com

Tune in Wednesday at 3:30 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! Tim Boetsch and Jarred Brooks join the show, and the crew talks about Ronda Rousey's career situation. read news >>