#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Darren Till #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Nick Diaz #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler

Cris Cris “Cyborg” Santos’ manager believes a bout with Ronda Rousey will happen, but not at 135 pounds.

UFC Hall of Famer and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz now manages former Strikeforce titleholder Cris Santos.  He spoke with MMAWeekly.com about Santos’ career, her return and a possible bout with Ronda Rousey.

“It is going to happen, for sure.  The fans are going to get that fight – at 135-pounds, no way.  She can’t do it healthwise, but the fight is going to happen, for sure,” said Ortiz about a Cyborg match-up with Rousey.

“When Cris Cyborg dominates and takes out Ronda Rousey then she’ll be right back in the shoes when she was a world champion and taking out some of the biggest names in the women’s division.”

Santos was stripped of her title after testing positive for a banned substance following her technical knockout win over Hiroko Yamanaka in December.  The win has since been changed to a no contest and Santos is currently serving a suspension from fighting.

“I know the mishap she happened to have last year,” said Ortiz.  “She was just in the wrong hands I think.  She stood up for herself.  She said, yes, I made a mistake.  I sat down and talked to her and told her we can’t have this happen ever again.  I kind of want to revamp you and make you the true champion you are.

“She said, ’yes, I made a mistake. The people around me were bad people, but I’m the one that made the decision and I shouldn’t have and I’ll never do it again.’

I said, ‘I’ll put my stamp on you. You’re a great fighter. You’re one of the best in the world.’ No girl can touch this girl. This girl is amazing. She is an amazing fighter.”

In her time away from competing, Santos has been working to make herself more marketable in the U.S.

“We actually have her in English classes right now.  I’m trying to help build her brand.  She promised me that she’s going to do everything in her power that she possibly can to continue to be a world champion.  We’re just waiting for her suspension to be lifted.  I think it’s in November,” said Ortiz.

“I want her to defend her title as long as Anderson Silva did… because the women’s division has taken off.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Strikeforce and MMA news.

Galleries

Ronda Rousey Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk hopes to break Ronda Rousey's record – 125 then possible

Although her focus is on UFC 217 opponent Rose Namajunas, champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk is still considering a move up to flyweight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Not even Miesha Tate wants to see Ronda Rousey 'get slaughtered' by Cris Cyborg

Miesha Tate goes off on Ronda Rousey’s coach for his “asinine” suggestion that a fight with Cris Cyborg should happen.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ric Flair's Daughter Annoyed by Ronda Rousey Hounding (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Maybe accosting Charlotte Flair in the airport and slamming her with Ronda Rousey isn't the way to go. read news >>

Patricky Freire says he should get title shot before Michael Chandler

Bellator lightweight Patricky “Pitbull” Freire believes he’s earned the right to cut the line of contenders at 155 pounds.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Even Miesha Tate Doesn't Want to See Cris Cyborg Slaughter Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

Even Ronda Rousey's most heated rival, Miesha Tate, wouldn't send her to slaughter by having her fight Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Mueller believes she can be champ

“I feel like I’m so blessed that I found MMA and realized this is my calling,” she said. “I feel like I’m not just gonna be good at this; I truly believe that I’m going to be great and going to be a read news >>

Crowder believes fighting for the fans is most important

“The fans are the most important, that’s who we’re out there fighting for,” Crowder said. “Without them, we’re beating each other up for no reason. You want to have a good fan base, you want people f read news >>

Conor McGregor Believes He'd Beat Floyd Mayweather in a Rematch | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor is a man who learns from his mistakes. Much like avenging his loss to Nate Diaz in March 2016 by returning with a victory five months later in the rematch, McGregor has that same feeli read news >>

Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson's toughness just means he'll 'take a longer ass-whooping' at UFC 216

Kevin Lee believes Tony Ferguson is done evolving as a fighter, “and if you stop evolving, you start dying.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>