#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Holly Holm #Demetrious Johnson #Anderson Silva #Fight Night Rotterdam #Dominick Cruz

Cris “Cyborg” Justino will still fight for the UFC women’s featherweight title on July 29 but she has a new opponent.

Invicta FC champion Megan Anderson was forced out of UFC 214 due to ‘personal’ reasons and there’s still no indication when she’ll be able to return to action. For her part, Cyborg was obviously disappointed after she campaigned for weeks to fight Anderson only to see the bout cancelled within weeks of being confirmed for the card in Anaheim, Calif.Cris Cyborg

“I am disappointed I won’t get an opportunity to fight Megan July 29th,” Cyborg said. “I think she owes me a fight. Maybe when Conor Mcgregor returns in December we could give the fans that fight.”

With Anderson out of the picture, the UFC welcomed Invicta FC bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger to the card where she will bump up to 145 pounds to face Cyborg in July.

Evinger is no stranger to accepting the toughest fights offered to her, which is why Cyborg is more than happy with the replacement opponent she received. If anything, Cyborg believes that Evinger should have been competing in the Octagon much sooner than getting the call to replace Anderson, which only furthers her frustration with the ranking system at the UFC.

“Tonya is a real fighter,” Cyborg added. “She is as tough as they come and will bring the fight to me the entire time. She is a great wrestler and a real grinder who will not give up. The fact that Tonya Evinger has gone 10-0 and still isn’t in the UFC shows the need for rankings to be done independently.

“Tonya Evinger has been top 10 in the world at 135 pounds for a long time and has earned the opportunity to fight on the biggest stage. July 29th, I am expecting Tonya Evinger to give me the type of fight that can help us both earn our first UFC performance bonus.”

While the opponent has changed, the stakes for the fight have stayed exactly the same with Cyborg competing for the women’s featherweight title — a division where she’s already been rated as the top fighter for many years.

The UFC crowned an inaugural champion at 145 pounds earlier this year when Germaine de Randamie defeated Holly Holm before she was stripped of the title just recently after she refused to face Cyborg.

As much as the title might mean to some, Cyborg insists that wrapping UFC gold won’t change that much for her because she knows deep down inside that she’s already been the champion this entire time.

“The belt has never been my goal. I am the champ,” Cyborg said. “My fans appreciate the fact that this fight is going to be for the belt, but the fact that the UFC had [Germaine de Randamie] as champion and not me has never been a problem for me.

“Cyborg Nation knows that until someone beats me I am world champion at 145 pounds no matter what belt is around my waist. The thing that excites me the most about fighting for the UFC belt, is I know the fans of Brazil have a sense of pride when they see us bring their belts back home! I am sure my fight July 29th will be one of the most watched fights in Brazilian MMA this year!”

Galleries

Cris Cyborg Fights

• a year ago

Tonya Evinger Fights

• 2 months ago

Comments

Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey's Coach is a Joke | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey's coach said on Monday that he would like to see his fight return for one more fight and wants it to be against UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg. Cyborg laughed off Edmond Tarverdy read news >>

Cris Cyborg Chases Training Partner Out of the Gym in Comically Insane Workout Video | MMAWeekly.com

There really are no words for this video of Cris Cyborg beating the daylights out of her training partner and chasing him out of the gym! read news >>

Ovince Saint Preux: 'I Can Beat Anybody You Put in Front of Me' | MMAWeekly.com

Ovince Saint Preux is ready to face whomever the UFC puts in front of him on Saturday in Japan. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Struts Her Muay Thai Ring Card Girl Stuff (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg couldn't wait to get back in the ring, so she's taken up a position as a ring card girl. read news >>

Even Miesha Tate Doesn't Want to See Cris Cyborg Slaughter Ronda Rousey | MMAWeekly.com

Even Ronda Rousey's most heated rival, Miesha Tate, wouldn't send her to slaughter by having her fight Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Carlos Condit Returns to Face Neil Magny at UFC 219 in Las Vegas | MMAWeekly.com

"The Natural Born Killer" is back. Carlos Condit has officially booked his return fight at UFC 219 as he faces Neil Magny in a welterweight bout on the card taking place at the T-Mobile Arena on Dec. read news >>

Dana White Confident Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm Will Happen | MMAWeekly.com

Cris "Cyborg" Justino didn't seem very happy with the latest offer for her to face Holly Holm later this year but UFC president Dana White is confident they'll get a deal done. The latest comes direc read news >>

OSP's 'Von Preux' Choke, Gokhan Saki's Thunderous KO Earn Bonuses in Japan | MMAWeekly.com

Ovince Saint-Preux had to face a late notice replacement in his main event fight but he made the most of his performance with a jaw-dropping submission to cap off the latest UFC card in Japan. Saint- read news >>

Cris Cyborg Not Happy with Current UFC Offer for Her Next Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Cris "Cyborg" Justino was ready to fight at UFC 219 in December but as of now there's no indication that she'll actually return on that date. Late Tuesday night, Cyborg revealed via Twitter that an u read news >>

Frank Shamrock: 'I've Waited 18 Years to Get My Hands on Sakuraba' | MMAWeekly.com

Frank Shamrock couldn't pass up the opportunity to face Kazushi Sakuraba when he got the call to replace Dan Henderson. read news >>