#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #UFC Fight Night 117 #Michael Bisping #Gokhan Saki #Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2

randy couture lawsuit by the UFC

In a recent interview with MMAWeekly, Randy “The Natural” Couture responds to the lawsuit filed against him by the UFC for breach of contract.

“It’s unfortunate that things have kind of degraded to that point……..I’m sure that’s part of their ploy, to force me to spend enough money that I’ll have to come back and fight for them, which isn’t the case.”

“I’ve got a very good team of lawyers. I think we’ll basically have to get a declaration from the state of Nevada on what they interpret the contract as, but the way I see it, the contract is up in July.”

Couture on the UFC Banning his Clothing Line

“Like trying to ban my clothing line, and things like that that don’t really hurt me, they just hurt the athletes that we sponsor……We sponsor some 35 athletes with that clothing line, and give back to the sport in every way we can. We’re already in Nordstrom’s and Macy’s and all the big outlets, so it just takes away from money that the athletes are getting from their sponsorships. It’s kind of stupid.”

Getting Back To What Matters

“I’m not worried about clearing my name, I haven’t done anything wrong…..I’m simply wanting to pursue the profession that I’m in, which is fighting. And they’re trying to prevent me from doing that, so you tell me who’s wrong or right?”

The UFC sinks to a new low

The UFC is doing everything it can to disgrace the current UFC heavyweight champion, doing a great job of not filming Randy Couture as he recently cornered Extreme Couture fighter Tyson Griffin at UFC 81 in Las Vegas.

If you payed close attention, the UFC filmed Griffin from a lower position as he made his way to the cage, Couture’s bald head could only be seen briefly as he followed his fighter to the cage. After Griffin gives his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, Couture has his arm draped over Griffins shoulder, but all you can see is Couture’s arm and watch.

It is amazing how well they planed and executed the filming of that fight, but ultimately it making me as a fan feel discussed at the UFC, a company that did so much to build this sport.

Comments

Mayweather vs. McGregor 'Money Fight' inspires artists to paint incredible works

There are few things in the sports world capable of breeding unique fan creativity like that that of a big fight. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Luck of the Irish: 7 things that broke Conor McGregor's way to land huge Floyd Mayweather payday

Conor McGregor doesn’t land this life-changing “Money Fight” against Floyd Mayweather without some breaks on his way to the top.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Francis Ngannou: Since Alistair Overeem can't fight, how about Stipe Miocic at UFC 218?

With things being the way they are currently, Francis Ngannou figures he might as well cut to the chase.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor live video chat with MMAjunkie Radio's 'Gorgeous' George and Goze

MMAjunkie Radio hosts “Gorgeous” George and Goze will kick things off during the co-headliner to talk all things Mayweather-McGregor.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Fans outraged as Mayweather-McGregor demand causes PPV providers, UFC Fight Pass to crash

Things got off to a rocky start for many people wanting to watch “The Money Fight.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Floyd Mayweather on Conor McGregor's boxing skills: 'He kind of shocked me'

Floyd Mayweather admits Conor McGregor’s boxing ability surpassed his expectations in “The Money Fight.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Showtime Slammed with Class Action Lawsuit Over Mayweather vs. McGregor Pay-Per-View Problems | MMAWeekly.com

Showtime is being sued over issues with viewers buying the pay-per-view online read news >>

Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor Failed Live Streams Subject of Lawsuit

Customers are suing Showtime for their coverage of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s victory over Conor McGregor due to the quality of their stream and buffering issues. Ashley Cullins of the Hollywood Reporter read news >>

Management group settles with Leslie Smith, moves suit against Nate Diaz to federal court

A management lawsuit has been settled against UFC women’s bantamweight Leslie Smith, but Nate Diaz is now being sued in federal court. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Says Fight Delay Only Made Things 'Worse' For Amanda Nunes | MMAWeekly.com

It took a little time for Valentina Shevchenko to put things into perspective. Back in July, Shevchenko was just a day away from realizing her dream to compete for the UFC women's bantamweight title read news >>