A day after UFC President Dana White appeared on The Herd with Colin Cowherd (h/t MMAFighting.com's Shaun Al-Shatti) and estimated Conor McGregor would earn $75 million from a potential showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr., McGregor raised the monetary bar on Instagram.
In the NSFW post, McGregor said he thinks he could gross nine figures if a deal is ultimately made:
I don't need glasses I just like how they look on my face even tho they tilt on me cos of my banged up nose and ears I still feel like I look good happy Thursday everyone how's that 75milli make your stomach feel? It's actually 100+ milli if we go by the non conservative numbers the fight will actually do and that's not including my endorsements and business ventures. 28 years of age. Fresh c--t. Doubt me now.
Incidentally, $100 million is the same projection White referenced for Mayweather Jr.'s purse during Wednesday's conversation with Cowherd.
White also disclosed that the fight is closer to being finalized than ever before, although he still has work to do when it comes to getting a firm commitment from Money.
“I think we get the McGregor side in the next couple of days," he said, according to Fox Sports. "And then I go lock myself in a room for a couple days with Team Mayweather and see what we can come out with."
The complete appearance can be viewed below, courtesy of Cowherd's official YouTube channel:
Mayweather, 40, last entered the ring in September 2015 when he defeated Andre Berto by unanimous decision to improve to 49-0 (26 KOs) for his career.
McGregor, meanwhile, was seen in the Octagon last November when he defeated Eddie Alvarez by second-round KO at UFC 205.
For more news, rumors and related stories about Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the UFC, check out the UFC and Boxing streams on Bleacher Report's app.view original article >>
UFC President Dana White has admitted a lightweight title unification showdown between Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson "has to happen." Ferguson won the interim lightweight crown at UFC 216 in Las V read news >>
Mark Hunt issued an expletive-filled message to UFC President Dana White after the heavyweight fighter was removed from the UFC Fight Night show in Sydney, Australia, on Nov. 19. Hunt's message to Wh read news >>
On Thursday, UFC President Dana White shot down rumors that Conor McGregor was in negotiations to appear at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans. Appearing on Good Day New York (h/t Corey Jacobs of Wrestli read news >>
UFC President Dana White said on a recent episode of ESPN's Dan Le Batard Show that WWE would not allow Brock Lesnar to fight again in the UFC while under contract with WWE. During the interview (h/t read news >>
UFC President Dana White told TMZ Sports on Thursday the company decided to remove Mark Hunt from its event in Sydney next month as a medical precaution. "Sometimes, you gotta protect these guys from read news >>
UFC president Dana White agrees with the likes of Michael Bisping and Mark Hunt, who are calling for tougher anti-doping violation sanctions. read news >>
UFC President Dana White watched coverage of last week’s mass shooting in Las Vegas and knew what the company needed to do. And it didn’t involve canceling Saturday’s UFC 216 event.Filed under: News, read news >>
UFC president Dana White had a strong message in response to the Las Vegas shooting to open UFC 216 on Saturday night. read news >>
UFC President Dana White says more than 1,500 first responders from the Las Vegas shooting will be at Saturday’s UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Some fight fans call Gokhan Saki the “Turkish Mike Tyson.” But he spoke a lot more like Conor McGregor after his huge knockout win.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>