Cole Miller believes the judges made a mistake when they awarded Manny Gamburyan a unanimous decision over him at UFC Fight Night 26, but that’s not what he’s really upset about.

He’s upset over the chaos that ensued after he elbowed his opponent just before the close of the first round.

Gamburyan indicated the elbow landed to the back of his head and was therefore illegal, but referee Yves Lavigne disagreed. Meanwhile Gamburyan stayed on the mat between rounds, and his corner and cut man entered the Octagon to tend to him. By the time a doctor gave the OK for Gamburyan to continue, Miller feels the fight should have already been over.

“At the moment, I didn’t really know what was going on, which was why I wasn’t trying to complain and raise a big fuss about it,” Miller told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “After I heard the uproar from everybody else and then I went back and watched the fight, I was like, ‘Oh man.’ Not only do I feel I was wronged by the judges, I was really wronged [by] what happened [between] the first and the second round. You can’t get a two-minute recovery from a legal blow. You get one minute, period, and that’s it. If you don’t answer the bell, the fight’s over. You don’t get two minutes and seven seconds.”

Miller also pointed to section 14.09.03 of the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission’s regulations for MMA, which states that if a fighter appears injured during a bout, the fighter’s manager or second shall not attempt to render aid before the ringside physician has examined the fighter.

Not only did that happen, Miller argues Gamburyan’s corner and second rendered aid while in Miller’s corner.

“I saw an interview where Dana [White] said I should have thrown my hands up and walked away to my corner, and that was the problem, was that we were in my corner,” Miller said. “His corner is in my corner while I’m getting instructions from my corner for my minute. So he gets my minute in my corner and then he gets another minute.”

Eventually Gamburyan recovered and went on to win the fight via a debatable unanimous decision. Miller believes the bout never should have ended up in the judges’ hands.

“To be honest with you, I don’t care about the decision,” Miller said. “If I don’t finish the guy, then I don’t even want the win. You can keep it for all I care, but in this case, yeah, I do think it was a B.S. decision, but they robbed me of my finality with a finish, with a first-round finish over a top guy like Manny Gamburyan.”

At this point, Miller has decided to pursue what is likely his only possible recourse: to file an appeal with the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission. Specifically, he doesn’t plan on appealing the decision but rather what happened after the first round.

“This has way more effects than me not getting my win bonus,” Miller said. “I just beat the toughest guy I ever fought and now I’m not going to be able to move up the ranks. I’m not going to be able to get the hell off [the Facebook prelims]. I can’t get more money from sponsors, and now I’m one fight closer to getting cut. I’m mad. I’ve got to push this because if I don’t do it, who else is going to do it?”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:42:57).

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my process since first loss

DENVER – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at UFC on FO read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my progress since first loss

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

Was the Anderson Silva Decision the Right Call? (UFC 208 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Was the judges' decision correct in the Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson fight at UFC 208 in Brooklyn? read news >>

Jacare Souza: 'I'm the Champion Without the Title' | MMAWeekly.com

Third-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza wants a title shot, but believes he is already the champion, he just doesn't have the belt to prove it. read news >>

UFC 208 reaction: Did the judges get de Randamie-Holm right?

UFC.com’s Matt Parrino and NESN.com’s Andre Khatchaturian break down what happened in the five-round main event at UFC 208. The two discuss Germaine de Randamie’s performance, what’s next for Holly H read news >>