#Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Nate Diaz #Paul Daley #Cris Cyborg #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Angela Magana #Joanna Jedrzejczyk

chuck-liddell-13.jpgIt’s been almost three years since UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell (21-8 MMA, 16-7 UFC) last appeared in the UFC’s octagon. And while “The Iceman” admits he struggled with the choice to walk away, Liddell now admits it was certainly the proper decision.

Liddell discussed the final days of his career at a recent fan Q&A session in Brazil, which MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) attended. The 43-year-old revealed that while UFC President Dana White had openly lobbied for Liddell to walk away from the sport, it was ultimately the former light heavyweight champ who decided he was done competing.

“I talked to my family, my coaches, and then I went to Dana,” Liddell said. “I talked to Dana. Dana and I actually went to dinner, and he thought I was going to ask him to fight again. I came to dinner, and I said, ‘You know what? I’m done.’ He was relieved.”

Liddell, whose retirement officially was announced in December 2010, remains a part of the UFC as the company’s executive vice president of business development. He said he made his decision to hang up his gloves several months before White made the public declaration at a pre-UFC 125 press conference but asked his employer to hold off on the announcement so he could adjust to life as an ex-fighter.

“Obviously [White] had made comments that he didn’t want me to fight again,” Liddell said. “He was relieved, and then I asked him to just hold off for about three months and give me some time to get adjusted to it before I have to talk to people about it because it was a hard decision for me.

“I love fighting, and I didn’t want to stop, but it was the right decision at the time between my coaches and my family.”

Liddell remains a huge fight fan and is often seen cageside at UFC events both domestic and abroad. He continues to actively train in the sport, as well, and admits he’s become fascinated with the jiu-jitsu side of MMA after spending his career as a noted knockout artist.

Sure, the itch to compete still lingers. But Liddell knows his days have passed – though he admits if fellow retiree Tito Ortiz returned to the sport, he might possibly be persuaded to give it another go.

“I’d always like to hit Tito,” Liddell joked. “That would always be fun, so that’s a possibility, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

“I think I made the right decision in retiring. Unless something changes, I’ll stay retired.”

Cub Swanson won his UFC headliner – and broke a hand for the 10th time

Stop us if you’ve heard this one before: Recent UFC headliner Cub Swanson broke a hand.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

The Speed Bag: A Chuck Liddell UFC comeback is just the logical conclusion, isn't it?

Ben Fowlkes offers his thoughts on what he calls the inevitable: the fact that we’re discussing a possible UFC comeback for 47-year-old Chuck Liddell.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator's Scott Coker willing to hear out Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes on coming back to fight

If UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes want to stage comebacks, Bellator President Scott Coker is certainly willing to hear them out.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Chuck Liddell Not Emphatic About a UFC Comeback | MMAWeekly.com

Chuck Liddell's latest comments were less than a ringing endorsement of speculation that he would return to the Octagon. read news >>

A Chuck Liddell UFC Return Isn't Completely Out of the Question | MMAWeekly.com

Chuck Liddell quit fighting nearly seven years ago, but don't ever say never on a comeback. read news >>

Wait, is Chuck Liddell considering a UFC comeback? All depends on the opponent, trainer says

Based on a couple of Instagram posts these past few weeks, UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell looks like someone in search of a fight. And people have noticed. Here was Liddell throwing some serious elb read news >>

UFC champ Tyron Woodley needs opponent for upcoming title defense, calls out many fighters

Tyron Woodley is training for a fight but still has no opponent, although he’s called out a few.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dominick Cruz: ‘I’d Like to Come Back and Fight for the Title’ | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz wants to fight the winner of Cody Garbrandt and TJ Dillashaw, and believes that he's earned the right to do so. read news >>

Tickets on sale for UFC Fight Night 112; $150 gets you cageside in OKC

Just $50 will get you in the arena for the UFC’s first Oklahoma City event in eight years, and not much more than will get you right next to the octagon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'Everything is possible' to Francis Ngannou, maybe even a UFC title shot this year

LAS VEGAS – UFC heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou doesn’t have a fight lined up. First thing’s first – he needs to get acclimated.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>