#UFC 216 #Rizin 7 #Conor McGregor #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nick Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nate Diaz #Michael Bisping #Demetrious Johnson

Chris Camozzi

Chris Camozzi

Chris Camozzi, coming off of a loss to Kyle Noke at UFC 127 in February, received his walking papers from the UFC on Wednesday. Camozzi posted the news on his website.

Rising through the ranks of various promotions in Colorado, Camozzi was a cast member on “The Ultimate Fighter Season 11.” He won his first fight on the show, but made an early exit due to a broken jaw.

He was brought back for a single bout on the season’s finale, where he defeated James Hammortree. Camozzi backed that up with a win over Dong Yi Yang at UFC 121. Then came the loss to Noke.

“I’m disappointed, but I need to stay positive and take this as a learning experience,” Camozzi wrote on Wednesday. “I know I can fight way better than what was shown on UFC 127 and I want to prove that to you, the fans. I’m going to take this and learn and grow from it. I will be working hard in the gym so I can make a statement in my next fight.

“I know the journey I am on is the right one for me. I love fighting and I want to be that guy that the fans come to see. I appreciate the UFC giving me my shot, I appreciate the fans and sponsors that support me and I look forward to making the big show again real soon.”

At 24 years of age, Camozzi has plenty of time for growth and fighting his way back into the UFC. His current plans are to go get a victory and then try to sign on with a promotion like Strikeforce or MFC.

Comments

UFC veteran Kyle Noke has 'that fire again,' announces return from retirement

UFC veteran Kyle Noke is the latest to end a short-lived retirement from MMA competition. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC champ Germaine de Randamie cleared for return to training after hand surgery

• a day ago

Former UFC champion Germaine de Randamie has officially received clearance to return to training. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 lineup finalized, and the Norfolk fight card isn't too shabby

• a day ago

The lineup is set for the UFC’s upcoming return to Old Dominion with UFC Fight Night 120.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Champ Tyron Woodley Endorses a Ronda Rousey Move to WWE | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

(Video courtesy of TMZSports | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Ronda Rousey has been teasing a move away from her career in the UFC to a professional wrestling stint in the W read news >>

Donald Cerrone Playing with Snakes Ahead of UFC Gdansk | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

So, what does Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone do for fun when he's just days removed from his next fight? Hint: it involves a poisonous snake. read news >>

Jim Wallhead out at UFC Fight Night 118, promotion seeks new foe for Warlley Alves

• a day ago

British vet “Judo” Jim Wallhead has been forced to withdraw from next week’s UFC Fight Night 118 event, and matchmakers are seeking a new opponent for Warlley Alves.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Grant Dawson Took Out Adrian Diaz, Earned UFC Contract (Free Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Not only did Grant Dawson take out Adrian Diaz in week 6 of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series, he captured a UFC contract in the process. read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Cleared for UFC Comeback | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Former UFC featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie is on the mend and poised for a comeback. read news >>

GSP and Michael Bisping Drop Puck at Hockey Game, Smack Talk Each Other on Ice

• a day ago

UFC 217 is coming down the pipe pretty quickly, and headliners Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre have indulged in quite a press tour in preparation for the Madison Square Garden showdown. This we read news >>

Newcomer Benito Lopez says he's fighting Albert Morales at UFC Fight Night 123

• 12 hours ago

Undefeated Team Alpha Male product Benito Lopez says his UFC debut will come at UFC Fight Night 123.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>