Chris Camozzi

Chris Camozzi

Chris Camozzi, coming off of a loss to Kyle Noke at UFC 127 in February, received his walking papers from the UFC on Wednesday. Camozzi posted the news on his website.

Rising through the ranks of various promotions in Colorado, Camozzi was a cast member on “The Ultimate Fighter Season 11.” He won his first fight on the show, but made an early exit due to a broken jaw.

He was brought back for a single bout on the season’s finale, where he defeated James Hammortree. Camozzi backed that up with a win over Dong Yi Yang at UFC 121. Then came the loss to Noke.

“I’m disappointed, but I need to stay positive and take this as a learning experience,” Camozzi wrote on Wednesday. “I know I can fight way better than what was shown on UFC 127 and I want to prove that to you, the fans. I’m going to take this and learn and grow from it. I will be working hard in the gym so I can make a statement in my next fight.

“I know the journey I am on is the right one for me. I love fighting and I want to be that guy that the fans come to see. I appreciate the UFC giving me my shot, I appreciate the fans and sponsors that support me and I look forward to making the big show again real soon.”

At 24 years of age, Camozzi has plenty of time for growth and fighting his way back into the UFC. His current plans are to go get a victory and then try to sign on with a promotion like Strikeforce or MFC.

Ronda Rousey Receives Apology from Amanda Nunes for Post-UFC 207 Comments

Current UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes held nothing back after she swiftly defeated Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Dec. 30. On Tuesday, more than one month after her victory, she apologized to Ro read news >>

Watch Holly Holm on 'Live with Kelly' today

Tune in to 'Live with Kelly' on Wednesday, February 8 as former UFC women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm discusses her upcoming fight against Germaine de Randamie for the women's bantamweight tit read news >>

USADA statement on revisions to UFC anti-doping policy

On Thursday, February 16, the United States Anti-Doping Agency announced several revisions to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy that will officially take effect on Saturday, April 1, 2017. To view the updat read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105 results: Santiago Ponzinibbio's scores unanimous win over Nordine Taleb

HALIFAX – Santiago Ponzinibbio might not be walking too well tomorrow, but the leg kicks he took against Nordine Taleb were worth it in the end.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Top 8 Finishes by UFC 208 Fighters (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the top 8 finishes from the some of the fighters of UFC 208 going down on Saturday, February 11 in Brooklyn, New York live on Pay-Per-View. read news >>

Could Former UFC Champ Frankie Edgar Be Latest to Test Out Free Agency?

Frankie Edgar is a little fed up. That's not a new stance from the popular former UFC champion. But he's not backing off it, either, and with his UFC contract set to expire, it could be causing Edgar read news >>

Holly Holm's Decision Win Over Marion Reneau (UFC 208 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Holly Holm's last fight before her historic victory over Ronda Rousey, when she defeated Marion Reneau in July of 2015. Holm headlines UFC 208. read news >>

Watch UFC 208's Holly Holm in the fight that led to her historic upset of Ronda Rousey

Before Holly Holm could get her shot at history against then-champ Ronda Rousey, she had to go through a “Bruiser” on a hot streak.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Chas Skelly wants spot on UFC 211, promises screaming fans in sleeveless shirts

HOUSTON – After a dominant display at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event, Chas Skelly warned his featherweight colleagues: “These guys don’t understand they need to fight me now because I’m improvi read news >>

With late addition, Saturday's UFC 208 lineup now finalized with 12 bouts

The lineup is finally set for Saturday’s UFC 208 event in New York.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>