Chris BealFor bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal, his most recent win at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 6 over Kana Hyatt was the kind of solid performance he can use to build off for the rest of his year.

“The fight went according to plan,” said Beal. “I had a lot of cardio/gas left in my tank, I didn’t really get too hurt, and I out-struck him and got some good takedowns in.

“I wanted to do a little more stand-up than I wanted to do, because I hurt my thumb. But the game plan was just to fight smart and if we went to the ground, just be aware of his submissions and not put too much weight on him and let my hands go.”

Beal told MMAWeekly.com that while he’s made great progress already this year in his three wins, he’d like to put his striking on display in fights to come.

“I really want to showcase some more of my stand-up because I’ve learned a lot of new tricks,” he said.

“My cardio has gotten a whole lot better since I started off; I’ve been pretty much working on that on a daily basis, keeping my cardio up. The new things I’ve been working on have worked out for me.”

Undefeated at 6-0, Beal feels that he could very well be ready to step up against tougher competition in the 135lb weight class and make a name for himself in the division.

“I think I may be one or two fights away,” he said. “I want to try to stop somebody in my next fight and hopefully that (next step) comes.

“I’m undefeated, I’m durable and if you’ve ever seen me fight, you’ve stood up and said ‘wow’ because I like to bring it.”

Beal has a good idea of what’s directly ahead of him in the coming months, after that, the sky could be the limit.

“BAMMA USA has been very good to me and I’m looking forward to fighting for them again for sure in October, and then we’ll see where it goes,” he said. “I love BAMMA USA and I call that home and it will probably be my home until I go to the UFC.

“That’s always my mind frame, to train for the best, so I work extra hard just in case I ever get that call on short notice that I’m ready. If they call me, I’m ready to perform and showcase my talents for everybody.”

(Photo courtesy of TheRealChrisBeal.com)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC Stars Weigh-in On What Makes Donald Cerrone "The Cowboy" (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC stars discuss what makes Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone such an unforgettable fighter and personality. read news >>

Former UFC title challenger Bethe Correia: 'I feel I'm better than any girl in the bantamweight division'

Onetime title challenger Bethe Correia wants to knock out Marion Reneau in Fortaleza and then face whomever will get her closer to a new shot at the belt: “Maybe Cat Zingano, that would be a great fi read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 broadcast lineup set, Alex Caceres vs. Jason Knight kicks off main card

The lineup is set for Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 lineup is complete, and a featherweight matchup kicks off the evening’s four-bout main card.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Jorge Masvidal aims to make Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone pay for stealing opponents

UFC welterweight Jorge Masvidal can point to the UFC octagon and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone as two major sources of financial woe.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Mike Goldberg Was 'Speechless' When Let Go by the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Mike Goldberg began working for the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 1997. On Dec. 28 at UFC 207, Goldberg did play-by-play for his final UFC event. read news >>

Anthony Hamilton vs. Marcel Fortuna added to UFC Fight Night 104 in Houston

A heavyweight matchup will serve as a late addition to next month’s UFC Fight Night 104 event in Houston.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Halifax Gets New Heavyweight Headliner; Johny Hendricks Moves to Middleweight | MMAWeekly.com

After Stefan Struve had to withdraw from the UFC Fight Night 105 main event, UFC officials moved swiftly to name a new heavyweight headliner. read news >>

Arnold Allen vs. Makwan Amirkhani added to UFC Fight Night 107 in London

March’s UFC Fight Night 107 lineup has a new featherweight addition.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

They released a special 'Fight Motion' video for Saturday's UFC on FOX 23 headliner

While the UFC usually releases its “Fight Motion” video highlights after an event, officials have debuted a new one ahead of Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 headliner.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Video: Watch UFC Fight Night 104 headliner Dennis Bermudez take on Jimy Hettes in 2014

In next month’s UFC Fight Night 104 headliner, featherweight contender Dennis Bermudez returns to action. Check out one of his vintage performances from 2014.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>