#UFC Fight Night 118 #Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Kristina Williams #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Bellator MMA #Heather Hardy #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Neiman Gracie

Chris BealFor bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal, his most recent win at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 6 over Kana Hyatt was the kind of solid performance he can use to build off for the rest of his year.

“The fight went according to plan,” said Beal. “I had a lot of cardio/gas left in my tank, I didn’t really get too hurt, and I out-struck him and got some good takedowns in.

“I wanted to do a little more stand-up than I wanted to do, because I hurt my thumb. But the game plan was just to fight smart and if we went to the ground, just be aware of his submissions and not put too much weight on him and let my hands go.”

Beal told MMAWeekly.com that while he’s made great progress already this year in his three wins, he’d like to put his striking on display in fights to come.

“I really want to showcase some more of my stand-up because I’ve learned a lot of new tricks,” he said.

“My cardio has gotten a whole lot better since I started off; I’ve been pretty much working on that on a daily basis, keeping my cardio up. The new things I’ve been working on have worked out for me.”

Undefeated at 6-0, Beal feels that he could very well be ready to step up against tougher competition in the 135lb weight class and make a name for himself in the division.

“I think I may be one or two fights away,” he said. “I want to try to stop somebody in my next fight and hopefully that (next step) comes.

“I’m undefeated, I’m durable and if you’ve ever seen me fight, you’ve stood up and said ‘wow’ because I like to bring it.”

Beal has a good idea of what’s directly ahead of him in the coming months, after that, the sky could be the limit.

“BAMMA USA has been very good to me and I’m looking forward to fighting for them again for sure in October, and then we’ll see where it goes,” he said. “I love BAMMA USA and I call that home and it will probably be my home until I go to the UFC.

“That’s always my mind frame, to train for the best, so I work extra hard just in case I ever get that call on short notice that I’m ready. If they call me, I’m ready to perform and showcase my talents for everybody.”

(Photo courtesy of TheRealChrisBeal.com)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 117 results: Daichi Abe impresses, hands Hyun Gyu Lim third straight loss

Thanks to a late rally in the third with a big knockdown, Daichi Abe stayed perfect and won his UFC debut against Hyun Gyu Lim.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dachi Abe Survives All-Out War at UFC Japan (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Dachi Abe's miraculous comeback victory over Hyun Gyu Lim at UFC Fight Night 117 on Friday in Japan. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 results: Shinsho Anzai returns from 2-year layoff, outpoints Luke Jumeau

Shinsho Anzai came back after two years away from the sport to take a unanimous decision from Luke Jumeau at UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dachi Abe Survives All-Out War at UFC Japan (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Daichi Abe's miraculous comeback victory over Hyun Gyu Lim at UFC Fight Night 117 on Friday in Japan. read news >>

UFC-Japan opened with 2 guys doing major damage to each other's face

The curtain-jerker at UFC Fight Night 117 turned out to be bad news for faces.Filed under: Blue Corner, News, UFC read news >>

Shinsho Anzai Exposed His Heart at UFC Japan (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Shinsho Anzai's heart-filled victory over Luke Jumeau at UFC Fight Night 117 on Friday in Japan. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 results: Syrui Kondo takes split from Chan-Mi Jeon in slugfest

In a slugfest, Syrui Kondo won her UFC debut with a split decision over Chan-Mi Jeon in Japan.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 results: Keita Nakamura takes split from Alex Morono in bloody fight

Keita Nakamura spilled some blood, as did Alex Morono. But it was Nakamura who took a split decision over the American in Japan.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Those loud noises at UFC-Japan? That was Chan-Mi Jeon screaming at the top of her lungs

There’s a lot to like about Korean strawweight Chan-Mi Jeon.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, UFC read news >>

Syuri Kondo Wins Tough Battle in a Close Call (UFC Japan Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Syuri Kondo's narrow decision victory over Chan-Mi Jeon at UFC Fight Night 117 on Friday in Japan. read news >>