#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #Colosseum #Shinya Aoki #UFC 211 #Alexander Gustafsson #Angela Lee #Istela Nunes #Ben Askren #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Fight Night Stockholm

Chris BealFor bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal, his most recent win at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 6 over Kana Hyatt was the kind of solid performance he can use to build off for the rest of his year.

“The fight went according to plan,” said Beal. “I had a lot of cardio/gas left in my tank, I didn’t really get too hurt, and I out-struck him and got some good takedowns in.

“I wanted to do a little more stand-up than I wanted to do, because I hurt my thumb. But the game plan was just to fight smart and if we went to the ground, just be aware of his submissions and not put too much weight on him and let my hands go.”

Beal told MMAWeekly.com that while he’s made great progress already this year in his three wins, he’d like to put his striking on display in fights to come.

“I really want to showcase some more of my stand-up because I’ve learned a lot of new tricks,” he said.

“My cardio has gotten a whole lot better since I started off; I’ve been pretty much working on that on a daily basis, keeping my cardio up. The new things I’ve been working on have worked out for me.”

Undefeated at 6-0, Beal feels that he could very well be ready to step up against tougher competition in the 135lb weight class and make a name for himself in the division.

“I think I may be one or two fights away,” he said. “I want to try to stop somebody in my next fight and hopefully that (next step) comes.

“I’m undefeated, I’m durable and if you’ve ever seen me fight, you’ve stood up and said ‘wow’ because I like to bring it.”

Beal has a good idea of what’s directly ahead of him in the coming months, after that, the sky could be the limit.

“BAMMA USA has been very good to me and I’m looking forward to fighting for them again for sure in October, and then we’ll see where it goes,” he said. “I love BAMMA USA and I call that home and it will probably be my home until I go to the UFC.

“That’s always my mind frame, to train for the best, so I work extra hard just in case I ever get that call on short notice that I’m ready. If they call me, I’m ready to perform and showcase my talents for everybody.”

(Photo courtesy of TheRealChrisBeal.com)

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

John Castaneda 'Not Going to Accept Defeat' Against UFC Vet Chris Beal at Combate Americas 14 | MMAWeekly.com

John Castaneda (12-2) will have his first bout of 2017 when he takes on former UFC vet Chris Beal (10-4) in a 135-pound bout at Combate Americas 14 on Friday. read news >>

UFC Confirms Fabricio Werdum vs. Alistair Overeem and Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone | MMAWeekly.com

Neither fight cam a surprise, but the UFC on Wednesday confirmed two marquee bouts for its UFC 213 fight card slated for International Fight Week. read news >>

Anthony Pettis Returns to Lightweight, Takes on Jim Miller at UFC 213 | MMAWeekly.com

After a stint in the featherweight division, former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis will return to the 155-pound weight class to take on Jim Miller at UFC 213. read news >>

Episode No. 3 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption'

Check out the full results for Episode No. 3 of “The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White says UFC women's flyweight division not finalized, despite announcement

Hours after the announcement, UFC President Dana White said nothing is official regarding a new women’s 125-pound weight class.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz Could Be Done Fighting in UFC, Dana White Says

UFC President Dana White isn't sure if Nate Diaz will ever fight again. "If they want to fight next week or if they never want to fight again, that's up to them," he said when talking about Diaz and read news >>

Report: Chris Wade meets Frankie Perez in Ring of Combat rematch at UFC on FOX 25

The UFC’s debut event on Long Island this summer has another fight featuring a local – and it’ll be a rematch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ex-WSOF champ Justin Gaethje says UFC contract signed, wants 'scariest lightweight possible'

Now former WSOF lightweight champion Justin Gaethje late Wednesday night said his next move is a done deal.Filed under: News, UFC, WSOF read news >>

Danny Roberts vs. Bobby Nash latest ticketed for UFC Fight Night 113 in Scotland

The UFC’s return to Scotland in July continues to build with the addition of a welterweight fight. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fabricio Werdum-Alistair Overeem trilogy fight, Lawler-Cerrone now official for UFC 213

A pair of high-profile matchups can take the “targeted” and “reportedly” tags off for UFC 213.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>