#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

Though he picked up a win over Joey Beltran in May, and rebound off a loss he suffered in his last fight of 2015 in the process, Bellator heavyweight Chase Gormley isn’t completely happy with his performance in the victory.

“I wasn’t too happy with the fight (with Beltran),” Gormley told MMAWeekly.com. “I went in there, did what I had to do, and got out with a win. Two of the three judges saw it my way, but I wasn’t happy about it.

“I hurt my neck a couple weeks before the fight and was going to pull out, but I went to the chiropractor and felt a little better, and just went out there and got it done. It’s not the Chase I know that can be out there putting on a show.”

Gormley (13-5) will look to have a better showing when he faces Bobby Brents (17-5) in a main card heavyweight bout at Bellator 162 on Friday in Memphis, Tenn.

“I think he’s a tough guy,” said Gormley of Brents. “He’s 17-5, so he knows how to win fights. He’s short and stocky, which is hard to deal with, especially when you’re a wrestler because the taller they are, the easier it is to take them down, in my opinion.

TRENDING > UFC Rebuffs Georges St-Pierre’s Free Agent Claim

“It’s definitely going to be a fight where I have to set my shots up. He’s experienced, so he’s not going to go out there and choke. I’ve got to make sure I fight smart, use his weaknesses to my advantage, and take advantage of them.”

In possibly picking up his second straight win, Gormley could find his way to the Bellator heavyweight title, but he don’t think it will happen directly as a result of his fight with Brents.

“I think this is definitely going to put me in the position to fight for the heavyweight belt, but this is more a risk for me than it is for (Brents),” Gormley said. “If I lose this fight, it’s a bad deal. That’s why I train so hard. He doesn’t have a name, but he’s a good fighter, and losing to him would be horrible for me.”

One fighter Gormley might have to get past the last fighter to beat him, who will also be fighting on the same Oct. 21 show that he will be, in Dan Charles.

“I would like that rematch,” said Gormley. “We fight on the same cards a lot, so I think that’s destiny’s way of saying we’re going to fight again. But I’ve got to worry about Bobby right now; I can worry about Dan later.”

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comments

Ed Ruth Lays Out His Bellator 186 Game Plan for Chris Dempsey | MMAWeekly.com

Ed Ruth (3-0) takes on his most experienced opponent yet when he faces Chris Dempsey (11-5) in a Bellator 186 main card 185-pound bout. read news >>

Brandon Moreno Faces No Punishment After Being Flagged by USADA | MMAWeekly.com

Brandon Moreno can breathe a sigh of relief. The former "Ultimate Fighter" competitor turned top 10 ranked bantamweight will face no punishment after he was flagged by USADA for a potential doping vi read news >>

Zach Freeman Looking to Show He's To Be Taken Seriously at Bellator 186 | MMAWeekly.com

On November 3, Zach Freeman (9-2) will look for his second Bellator win when he faces off against veteran Saad Awad (20-9) in a main card 155-pound bout. read news >>

Cody Garbrandt Releases Infamous Sparring Video Showing Knockdown Against TJ Dillashaw | MMAWeekly.com

Following months of chatter, Cody Garbrandt has released a short video showing his knockout against T.J. Dillashaw from a sparring session from their time as teammates at Team Alpha Male. Garbrandt r read news >>

Undefeated Ilima-Lei Macfarlane Rocketing Towards Title at Bellator 186 | MMAWeekly.com

Ilima-Lei Macfarlane will go for her first MMA title when she takes on Emily Ducote for the flyweight title in the Bellator 186 co-main event on Friday. read news >>

Logan Storley Will Be Looking To Finish Matt Secor at Bellator 186 | MMAWeekly.com

Logan Storley (6-0) will face his toughest challenge yet when he takes on veteran Matt Secor (9-4) in a Bellator 186 preliminary 170-pound bout on Friday. read news >>

Watch the Bellator 186 Prelims, Streaming Live and Free | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator 186 Prelims stream live and free on MMAWeekly.com. The prelims stream begins at 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m PT. read news >>

Ryan Bader Retains Belt and Ilima-Lei Macfarlane Captures Title (Bellator 186 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator MMA cage was on campus at Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania on Friday at the Bryce Jordan Center for Bellator 186: Bader vs. Vassell. The fight card featured two tit read news >>

Bellator 186 Fight Highlights: Ryan Bader Pounds Out Linton Vassell | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the full Bellator 186 event fight highlights, including light heavyweight champion Ryan Bader's knockout victory over Linton Vassell. read news >>

Conor McGregor Video Surfaces Continuing His Tirade Outside Bellator 187 Arena | MMAWeekly.com

After Conor McGregor was ejected from 3Arena in Ireland, he continued on with his tirade against referee Marc Goddard. read news >>