#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #UFC Fight Night 118 #Bellator MMA #Kristina Williams #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Heather Hardy #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #Conor McGregor #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili

Bellator light heavyweight champion Attila Vegh has suffered a shoulder injury, prompting promotion officials to book a Nov. 2 rematch between Muhammed Lawal and Emanuel Newton.

The contest, which takes place during Bellator’s pay-per-view debut, will decide the promotion’s first interim light heavyweight champion. Lawal-Newton joins a burgeoning card headlined by a light heavyweight showdown between former UFC champions Quinton Jackson and Tito Ortiz. The event takes place at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif., and will also see lightweight champion Michael Chandler defend his title against Eddie Alvarez in a rematch nearly two years in the making.

Lawal and Newton first met this past February, when Newton knocked out the former Strikeforce champion with a spinning back fist in the semifinals of Bellator’s Season 8 tournament. Following that defeat, “King Mo” went on to capture the Summer Series four-man tournament title, stopping Seth Petruzelli and Jacob Noe in June and July to earn his title shot.

“Listen, I’m going to be real honest about this. Emanuel is fake as hell,” Lawal said in the official release. “He runs his mouth about being a black skinhead or something and likes to act real hard. He’s as hard as baby s--t. I’m going to destroy this guy. He landed a shot on me in our first fight, nothing more than that. I’m better than him in every facet of the game. I didn’t even shoot on him that first fight. I can take this fight anywhere I want it, and I will. It’s over. I’m taking that belt in Long Beach, bringing it back to Las Vegas, and no one is getting it back. Not Vegh, not ‘Rampage,’ not Tito, not anyone. It’s mine. Payback is b---h, Emanuel.”

Newton, meanwhile, capped off his Season 8 tournament run with a unanimous decision win over Mikhail Zayats on March 28. “The Hardcore Kid” has won nine of his last 10 fights, with his lone loss in that span coming to Vegh in the 2012 Summer Series tournament 13 months ago.

“I’m not going to spout off and trash Mo; I don’t have to do that,” Newton said. “I know Mo is going to run his mouth and try to sell his game, but I don’t have anything to prove. I’m the one that knocked him out, and he’s the one that has to deal with that loss on his record, not me. I did it once, and I’m going to do it again, this time on an even bigger stage. History likes to repeat itself, and Nov. 2, Mo’s going to have to deal with another big loss on his record.”

Comments

Liam McGeary injured, fight vs. Bubba McDaniel scratched from next week's Bellator 185

After experiencing an opponent switch, Liam McGeary has suffered an injury of his own that will prevent him from fighting at Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

James Gallagher injury prompts Bellator 187 reshuffle, including A.J. McKee to main event

Irish featherweight James Gallagher is injured, and his rival A.J. McKee is stepping into the spotlight.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Chaos erupts between Lorenz Larkin, Paul Daley at Bellator 183 weigh-ins

The beef between Lorenz Larkin and Paul Daley turned physical at the Bellator 183 ceremonial weigh-ins.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Paul Daley and Lorenz Larkin Nearly Come to Blows at Bellator 183 Weigh-in (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Paul Daley and Lorenz Larkin's fight almost didn't make it all the way to Bellator's famous flying cage. read news >>

Goiti Yamauchi not worried about 'so-so' and 'average' Adam Piccolotti at Bellator 183

Goiti Yamauchi finds himself matched up with unbeaten opponent in Adam Piccolotti tonight at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Adam Piccolotti Plans To Put It All Together Against Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 183 | MMAWeekly.com

On September 23, Adam Piccolotti (9-0) will step into the cage for the first time in 10 months when he takes on Goiti Yamauchi (21-3) at Bellator 183. read news >>

Bellator 183's Roy Nelson excited to be doing an old job that's suddenly become new again

Everything old is new again for Roy Nelson in his new Bellator home, where he says he’s finally excited about fighting again.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Scott Coker knows plenty about those comparisons to the UFC ahead of Bellator 183

Scott Coker knows a few things about having his promotion compared to the big guns at the UFC. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Roy Nelson Wants a Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament | MMAWeekly.com

Roy Nelson never got the chance to compete in PRIDE Fighting Championships, but he's made no secret that he was a massive fan of the once great mixed martial arts organization. One of the staples of read news >>

Watch the Bellator 183 Prelims, Streaming Live and Free on MMAWeekly.com | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull Prelims stream live and free on MMAWeekly.com. The prelims stream begins at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m PT. read news >>