#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #Saturday Night Fights #David Branch #GGG #Nate Diaz #DWTNCS #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping

Chael SonnenPound-for-pound rankings are subjective, but there’s a uniform consistency among pound-for-pound rankings that UFC middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva is at the top of the list.

Unless you ask Chael P. Sonnen.

Sonnen (27-12-1) has faced Silva twice and lost both times.  He takes on UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the UFC 159 main event on April 27 and believes Jones is much better than Silva.

“Look, here’s the reality with Anderson.  I stomped that guy, and you can pick up his little arm as many times as you want and call him the winner, but the fact is I whipped his ass for 30 minutes.  He got to jump on me for less than 30 seconds.  He never knocked me down.  I fell down.  They say Anderson’s the best pound-for-pound.  He’s not the best round-for-round,” said Sonnen during a media conference call on Monday.

“I have three 10-8 rounds my entire career.  I’ve fought 49 men.  Three rounds of my whole life are 10-8.  That’s gymnastics’ equivalent to a perfect 10.  It doesn’t happen in this sport. I doubt anyone on this call even has a 10-8 round (Jon Jones, Michael Bisping, and Alan Belcher were also on the call).  I have three of them.  They’re all against Anderson Silva. So, if you think Jon and Anderson are even close, I will run through Jon because I ran through Anderson,” said Sonnen.

“I don’t think they’re close.  I think Jon is considerably better than Anderson.”

If the stars align with Silva winning his next fight and Jones winning his next two, a superfight between Jones and Silva could happen. Sonnen doesn’t subscribe to the thinking that Silva can beat Jones.

“Sometimes I hear that I don’t deserve this fight, or that I’m not the right guy, but then I hear that Anderson can beat him.  You’ve got to be kidding me.  I stomped Anderson Silva, twice.”

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 7 months ago

Jon Jones Fights

• a year ago

Chael Sonnen Fights

• 3 months ago

Comments

Michael Bisping Believes Jon Jones Should Be Banned for Life | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping probably has more right than anybody in the UFC to hate fighters who cheat and use performance enhancing drugs. Throughout his own career in the Octagon, Bisping has faced numerous fi read news >>

Jon Jones on failed UFC 214 drug test: 'I would never do steroids'

Jon Jones’ initial response to his failed UFC 214 drug test is a staunch denial that he knowingly cheated.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping: Jon Jones deserves lifetime ban from MMA after 2nd failed drug test

Michael Bisping believes Jon Jones should serve the ultimate punishment for his second failed drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to UFC champ Jon Jones' B-sample drug-test failure – and the takes are extra hot

Check out the top Twitter reactions to UFC champ Jon Jones’ positive B-sample drug test.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones' Win Against Daniel Cormier Overturned to No Contest Due to Failed Drug Test | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones' victory against Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 in July has officially been overturned to a no contest after the embattled light heavyweight champion tested positive for the steroid Turinabol. C read news >>

'GGG' trainer says with UFC's rise, boxing must get more exciting

Gennady Golovkin’s trainer believes that his fighter and opponent Saul “Canelo” Alvarez need to put on a thrilling contest this Saturday to prevent more fans from turning to MMA.Filed under: News, UF read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion. The UFC has officially stripped Jon Jones of the title after his fight against Cormier was overturned to a no contest by the Californi read news >>

Jon Jones stripped, Daniel Cormier reinstated as champion after UFC 214 result overturned

Daniel Cormier calls the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones and award the title back to him “the right thing to do.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold believes he outclasses David Branch at every turn at UFC Fight Night 116

Returning for the first time since losing his title in June 2016, Luke Rockhold believes he has every advantage over David Branch. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Daniel Cormier Tells TMZ He Wants to Fight Jon Jones Again

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier revealed he would be happy to fight Jon Jones for a third time. Jones was stripped of the title he won against Cormier at UFC 214 after the bout was rule read news >>