#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Nick Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Quinton Jackson #Pancrase #Demetrious Johnson #Holly Holm #Anderson Silva

Cat ZinganoAfter five years of building herself into one of the most promising prospects in women’s MMA, Colorado bantamweight Cat “Alpha” Zingano has been given the opportunity of a lifetime with her recent signing with the UFC.

“I was really drawn back,” said Zingano when the news of her UFC signing became official. “I really wanted to make sure that I heard it from my manager because I was hearing it from the public, from the fans, everywhere, and I was just absolutely astounded. It was some of the best news I’ve heard in my life.

“It makes me feel like I want to go out there and do my best and be my best and I promise I will. I’m super-excited and I can’t wait to get out there and perform and entertain and make everybody happy that they got the opportunity to do this with me.”

Zingano feels her addition to the UFC will be an eye-opening experience to fans that are new to her.

“I have in me something that’s very special that I think is very different,” she said. “I think I bring a different intensity, a different mindset, and all kinds of things to the cage that people haven’t experienced before.

“I’m excited about the opportunity to have people know me for who I am and understand what this is all about for me. It’s good for me to be put in this kind of position because I’m ready to face life head-on and this kind of pressure is exactly what I need to grow.”

The timing of Zingano’s signing is such that she feels she’s experienced the necessary highs and lows coming off her last win against Raquel Pennington in Invicta FC in October to make the most of her UFC opportunity.

“I think it was exactly what I needed before this big break in my life because now I know what it feels like to go out there and win and still know that I could have done more and still be better and that I’m capable of so much more,” said Zingano. “I never want to feel that again. I want to walk out of the cage knowing that I left everything in there and that I did my absolute best.”

Zingano’s UFC debut is scheduled for April 13 against former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate in a bout she feels will be one not to miss.

“I think that the fight between me and Miesha is going to be very, very hardcore and I can’t imagine it going any other way,” said Zingano. “We’re both aggressive; we’re both high-risk-high-reward fighters and I’m very ecstatic to get in there and get it started. I almost wish I could be a spectator for it.”

Should Zingano get past Tate, an eventual match with current UFC champ Ronda Rousey could be around the corner, and while it’s not her immediate goal, it is something she’s keeping an eye on.

“I look forward to that fight, yes, but to look past any opponent is so dangerous,” said Zingano. “Right now I’m focusing on my fight and my life.

“I’m definitely in the here and now and am not looking too far forward as far as opponents, but I am looking at that belt. Whatever it needs, whatever it takes to get to that belt, that’s what I’m going to do and that’s what I’m going to focus on.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Miesha Tate Fights

• a year ago

Cat Zingano Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Not even Miesha Tate wants to see Ronda Rousey 'get slaughtered' by Cris Cyborg

Miesha Tate goes off on Ronda Rousey’s coach for his “asinine” suggestion that a fight with Cris Cyborg should happen.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

USADA suspends UFC's Nick Roehrick 1 year for doping

Just over one month after he was flagged for a failed drug test, Nick Roehrick has accepted a suspension from USADA.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Does Conor McGregor recognize 'who the fook' this guy is with his mom?

It took him a while, but UFC featherweight Jeremy Stephens finally evened the score with Conor McGregor.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC welterweight Matt Brown says he'll retire after fighting Diego Sanchez

Nine years after Matt Brown emerged on “The Ultimate Fighter 7,” he will hang up his gloves after fighting Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Responds to Conor McGregor with Savage Burn | MMAWeekly.com

Jeremy Stephens never forgot what Conor McGregor said to him at the UFC 205 pre-fight press conference last year but he finally fired back on Thursday. McGregor's original comment came after Stephens read news >>

Watch the 15-Second KO That Earned Karl Roberson at UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

See the fight and spectacular finish that earned Karl Roberson a UFC contract on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series! read news >>

Mizuto Hirota pulled from UFC-Japan after scary weigh-in incident

Perhaps in a not-so-stunning move, the UFC has pulled Mizuto Hirota from UFC Fight Night 117.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Mizuto Hirota Pulled from UFC Fight Night in Japan After Disastrous Weight Cut | MMAWeekly.com

Mizuto Hirota has been pulled from his fight against Charles Rosa at UFC Fight Night in Japan following a scary weigh-in on Thursday morning. UFC officials confirmed the news late Thursday night. "Du read news >>

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami: UFC Japan Joe Rogan Preview | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the main event of Fight Night Japan between Ovince Saint Preux and Yushin Okami. TRENDING > If Garbrandt or Dillashaw Pulls Out of UFC 217, Dom read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 play-by-play and live results (8 p.m. ET)

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 117. Join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 8 p.m. ET.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>