#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #Shinya Aoki #UFC 211 #Colosseum #Angela Lee #Alexander Gustafsson #Istela Nunes #Ben Askren #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Diaz vs. McGregor 2

Drew BrokenshireIn the Northwest fight scene, it would be hard to find a fighter who made as much of an impact last year as CageSport featherweight champion Drew “Eternal Fire” Brokenshire did.

In three fights in 2013, Brokenshire won all of them in strong fashion, defeating three very tough veteran opponents in the process.

In particular, Brokenshire told MMAWeekly.com that he is most pleased with his most recent win, a unanimous decision victory over Sterling Ford in November in Cage Warrior Combat.

“Sterling was a pretty tough guy that I ended up getting a pretty decisive decision over him,” said Brokenshire. “I was able to defend the CageSport title a few times in pretty decisive fashion as well, so I’m pretty happy with the way my career is going right now.

“I feel like I’m doing really well as far as my development and things I am working on. I’ve got a long way to go still to reach my potential, but I’m really happy with my progress so far.”

After a strong year in 2013, Brokenshire (11-3) will look to kick things off with his fifth win in a row when he defends his CageSport title on Feb. 8 in Tacoma, Wash., against multiple time state champion wrestler Talon Hofman (7-7) in the evening’s main event.

“We were set to face another opponent who was a pretty good wrestler, so that’s what we asked for, to test myself against that type of fighter so in the future I don’t lose to those type of guys,” said Brokenshire.

“I feel cardio is going to be on my side. He’s taking this fight on two weeks’ notice, so I don’t think he’ll be ready to go five rounds with me. The longer the fight goes, the more I feel it’s in my favor. Also, I feel I’ll have an advantage in striking as well.”

While he’s spent much of his career in the Northwest developing his skills, Brokenshire feels it won’t be long before he has a chance to shine on the national stage. Whether it’s sooner or later, as long as he feels he’s ready to make that next step, that’s all that matters to him moving forward.

“I would love to make that next step this year, but it all comes down to how I perform,” said Brokenshire. “If I go out there against Talon and he holds me down and I’m not showing the progress I need to face the best fighters in the world, I’m more than happy to do whatever I feel I have to do.

“That’s the other side of the goal, to keep getting better to get to that level. I’m in no rush to get anywhere. I’m just doing what I need to do to test myself and develop my skills so that when I go to that next level that I’m going to have the skills to be there for a long time.”

Knockout Radio Replay: Ryan Bader, Mike Perry, and the Latest News | MMAWeekly.com

Join Knockout Radio for their show featuring Ryan Bader and Mike Perry, and all the hottest MMA news! read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator's A.J. McKee views 'little puppy dog' James Gallagher as 'a joke'

The feud between unbeaten Bellator featherweight prospects A.J. McKee and James Gallagher continues to grow, and McKee has no problem throwing more fuel on the fire.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Dana White, Forrest Griffin take CNN on tour of new UFC headquarters

While the full campus isn’t quite open just yet, UFC employees recently made the move into the company’s impressive new headquarters in Las Vegas, and CNN cameras were invited in for a sneak peek of read news >>

Dana White: We just lost our date for Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather

Dana White still isn’t ready to guarantee that lightweight champ Conor McGregor will, indeed, square up with boxing legend Floyd Mayweather, but the UFC boss does admit negotiations are far enough al read news >>

That Time Drax the Destroyer of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Fought in an MMA Fight

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is the hottest movie of the spring and, once again, Dave Bautista stole the show in the role of knife-slinging alien Drax the Destroyer. Of course, many still remember read news >>

UFC 211 headliner Stipe Miocic: 'I'm not here to make a legacy – I'm here to win'

DALLAS – Stipe Miocic isn’t concerned about what type of legacy he’s going to leave behind after his fighting career is over. However, if his future goes as planned, he knows it will be a good one.Fi read news >>

Why Dana White had reason to laugh after Kevin Lee punched Michael Chiesa at press conference

DALLAS – UFC President Dana White isn’t sure what’s going to happen with Kevin Lee and his upcoming opponent, Michael Chiesa. Still, he could manage a laugh following Friday’s wild “UFC Summer Kickof read news >>

Speed Bag: Man, you're screwing this up, Georges St-Pierre

As far as MMA comebacks go, Georges St-Pierre’s sure isn’t panning out like many fans had hoped it would.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>