#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Fight Night Rotterdam #Kevin Lee #Darren Till #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Donald Cerrone #Anderson Silva #Cormier vs. Jones 2

After being pushed to the limit by Daniel Sarafian in the UFC on FX 7 co-main event, it could be argued that C.B. Dollaway has earned a break -- but “The Doberman” says he has no interest in taking his foot off the gas pedal now.

Dollaway, 29, snatched a hard-fought split decision victory over Sarafian in a “Fight of the Night”-winning performance on Saturday at Geraldo Jose de Almeida State Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil, much to the dismay of the partisan crowd in attendance.

At no point did Sarafian make Dollaway’s life easy, as the American continually found himself trying to dodge the “TUF: Brazil” veteran’s looping hooks during the first two frames. Several times, the Arizona State University wrestling alumnus shot for takedowns, but each time, his attempts were thwarted.

“[It surprised me] how strong he was,” Dollaway later told Fox Sports. “I train with guys like Ryan Bader and Will McCleve, national champion wrestlers, and [Sarafian] was phenomenally strong. I couldn’t believe it. I usually have no problem getting anyone down.”

Despite his struggles to take the fight to the floor, Dollaway turned the tide of the fight by catching his stocky foe with a solid uppercut near the end of the round, disrupting Sarafian’s equilibrium in the process. Dollaway desperately searched for the finish, but Sarafian managed to hold on for the round’s final seconds.

“He’s a tough guy,” said Dollaway. “I thought I had him. I hit him with that uppercut and saw him go down, and I knew it was time to finish, and I went for it. I rolled the dice, but I didn’t get it, and I felt it in the third round. It drained my arms going for that finish, but I really wanted to finish this guy, so I went for it.”

Even with his energy depleted from the effort expended in his attempt to end the fight, Dollaway still managed to secure round three in the eyes of the cage-side judges, overcoming a Sarafian rally to finish the round on equal footing with his game foe. The split decision victory marks the second-straight win for Dollaway, who hopes to make great strides in 2013.

“[I’ll be] getting back in the gym as soon as I get back to get ready for another fight,” Dollaway said. “I want to get three or four fights this year and move my way into the top 10.”

Comments

Carlos Condit Ready to Book His Return Fight to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Carlos Condit is looking for a fight. The former UFC interim welterweight champion, who has been out of action since August 2016, dropped a message on Twitter to matchmaker Sean Shelby letting him kn read news >>

Darren Till unloads on Brendan Schaub for criticizing UFC headliner vs. Donald Cerrone

Darren Till has choice words for those who question his UFC Fight Night 118 headliner against Donald Cerrone, especially Brendan Schaub.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Carlos Felipe flagged for potential USADA violation, pulled from UFC debut in Sao Paulo

Carlos Felipe was slated to make his UFC debut next month, but that’s not happening anymore.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Newcomer Carlos Felipe Pulled from UFC Fight Night 119 for Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

Incoming UFC heavyweight Carlos Felipe was pulled from the upcoming UFC Fight Night 119 fight card. read news >>

UFC Fight Night Japan Media Day Face-Offs Video | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) The stars of Fight Night Japan faced off after Tuesday's media day. No. 6 ranked light heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux welcomes Yushin Okami back to the Octagon on Friday. TRENDING > read news >>

Jim Miller vs. Francisco Trinaldo is 13th addition to UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil

After putting out a call for an opponent – at lightweight or welterweight – Jim Miller will remain at 155 pounds.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping's ideal scenario could delay retirement past GSP fight

Michael Bisping (sort of) walks back his comments on his last fight potentially being at UFC 217 against Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Today, in gross-stuff news: UFC lightweight Dan Hooker's post-surgery knee

Dan Hooker’s right knee brought us excitement in June, when it delivered a knockout of Ross Pearson en route to a $50,000 bonus. His left one, however, isn’t doing too well at the moment.Filed under: read news >>

UFC 216 finalized: With Johnson-Borg addition, 1 bout moves from PPV to UFC Fight Pass

With the addition of a new title fight, next month’s UFC 216 lineup has experienced a slight shuffle.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC's Paige VanZant wrote a book, and here's the cover

UFC fighter, “Chopped” winner, “Dancing with the Stars” runner-up and now author? Paige VanZant is making the most of her time in the spotlight.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>