#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Holly Holm #Demetrious Johnson #Anderson Silva #Fight Night Rotterdam #Dominick Cruz

Brian Stann Chris Leben UFC 125

It was possibly the biggest win of his career, maybe even bigger than winning the WEC title, but Brian Stann definitely has something to celebrate after knocking out Chris Leben at UFC 125.

So how does the former Marine officer want to enjoy the fruits of his labor? With a shot at former Pride wrecking machine Wanderlei Silva.

In an extremely gracious manner, Stann spoke about who he wants to fight next after being only the 2nd fighter ever to finish Chris Leben with strikes.

“This is with the utmost respect again like Chris Leben, I’m fighting in a house that guys like Chris Leben and Wanderlei Silva built. I think I’d like to fight Wanderlei next,” said Stann.

“He’s been a guy who I’ve watched for years before I ever put a glove on. He’s amazing, he’s as tough as they come, he’s as good as they come, he’s a multiple weight champion, I think I’d like to fight him next.”

Stann asked the UFC for the fight with Leben, so maybe he can go two for two with fight requests now. The Team Jackson fighter wanted to fight Leben for the same reason he wants to fight Silva.

He wants to fight the best of the best in the middleweight division.

“I’m in this to fight the best. I don’t want any questions marks left behind when I finish my career, when my time in this sport is over, so whoever I need to fight to be in the top ten in the world is who I want to fight next,” Stann commented.

“That’s my No. 1 goal for 2011 is to be a top ten middleweight in the world, and work my way towards a title shot.”

If Silva isn’t the next fighter that Stann faces, he does have one request for the brass at the UFC.

“I hope it’s not a wrestler,” said Stann. “I hope I’ve at least filled my quota of them for at least one more fight, then we’ll go back to them.”

The New Mexico based fighter by way of Georgia plans to take a few days off and then head back into the gym to prepare for whatever fight the UFC decides is best for him. Whoever it is, Stann has now proven he’s as dangerous as they come at 185lbs.

Galleries

Wanderlei Silva Fights

• 3 months ago

Comments

Stipe Miocic is the UFC champ who also cleans toilets as a firefighter

Stipe Miocic’s reward for becoming top dog in the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s biggest and baddest division was to be handed a mop and a plunger and ordered to swab floors and unblock a toilet. read news >>

Max Holloway's Blessed UFC Career

"It’s cool having this belt and being a champion, but I want to make sure my son is set. I want him to go to college. I don’t want him to fight. Fighting is insane." read news >>

This UFC Fighter Is Getting Real About Why She Embraces Her Scars And Bruises

"All the bumps and bruises, all the muscles—that is a story of everything I have done." read news >>

UFC Newcomer Flagged by USADA Before First Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Not even a single fight into his UFC tenure and a Russian fighter has already been flagged for a potential anti-doping violation. read news >>

Unbeaten Invicta FC vet Aspen Ladd joins UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

After an unsuccessful first try, undefeated Aspen Ladd is slated again for her UFC debut.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dominick Cruz: Cody Garbrandt Won't Pull Out of UFC 217 No Matter What | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz explains why current titleholder Cody Garbrandt won't pull out his UFC 217 title defense no matter what. read news >>

UFC's Gilbert Burns discusses tough, but needed reassessment after painful loss a year ago

UFC lightweight Gilbert Burns returned with a vengeance earlier this month. But getting back on track, he says, was not an easy process. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Video: Before UFC 216 title fight, watch Tony Ferguson fight Abel Trujillo in 2014

Before his UFC 216 title fight, watch a vintage Tony Ferguson performance as he takes on Abel Trujillo in 2014.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ex-Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher on UFC champ Conor McGregor: 'I'd love to meet him'

Conor McGregor has a huge worldwide fanbase – and among those fans is former Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Japan winner Jussier Formiga wants title shot, and his reason is at least (somewhat) logical

Does Jussier Formiga have a case after his brilliant win at UFC Fight Night 117?Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>