#UFC on Fox 26 #Bellator 191 #Robbie Lawler #Rafael dos Anjos #UFC 218 #Mike Perry #Francis Ngannou #Conor McGregor #Michael McDonald #Peter Ligier #Santiago Ponzinibbio #Alistair Overeem #UFC 217

Brian Stann, at 36 years of age, is someone that makes the most of opportunities in his life. His latest opportunity will take him away from his role with the UFC and into an executive position in the world of real estate.

Stann announced on Monday that his is leaving his position as part of the UFC broadcast team. A former WEC champion and UFC contender, Stann has been calling fights for the past several years after retiring from fighting in 2013.

His career in fighting and broadcasting followed an even more impressive stint in the military. Stann served with distinction as a United States Marine. He faced combat during the Iraq War, where he earned the Silver Star, which honors personal valor.

As you can see, Stann has lived a full life. A full life often comes with sacrifice. In Stann’s case, much of that sacrifice was time with his family. His latest move is one that should allow for him to change that situation and spend more time with his wife and children.

“I am announcing my departure from calling fights with the UFC,” Stann wrote on his Instagram account. “I have been offered an amazing leadership role with a fast growing Real Estate Firm and will be attending Northwestern (Kellogg) for my executive MBA this fall.”

Stann added that he will still be attending many mixed martial arts events and thanked his co-workers and employer, but added that it was time for him to make a move for his family.

“This move is to focus more on my family. I traveled 26 weekends last year for work, while also working a full-time job,” he explained.

“My new role as a COO will be very difficult, but still afford me my weekends with my wife and three children. Transition and change are a part of life and I am really excited to prove my worth to my new company and hopefully showcase the diverse skills military veterans and mixed martial artists possess.”

I am announcing my departure from calling fights w/ the UFC. I have been offered an amazing leadership role with a fast growing Real Estate Firm and will be attending Northwestern (Kellogg) for my executive MBA this fall. Thank you to everyone for years of support, especially the athletes and coaches whom I love deeply. I will continue to be a huge MMA supporter and attend many events. Thank you to everyone from FOX and Zuffa who helped me so much in this journey. @jon_anik you are my brother and that will never change, and I cannot tell you how important your friendship has been to me. My wife @teressa_stann who has endured so much and supported me through war, fighting, and now this transition, I love forever and thank you so much. This move is to focus more on my family. I traveled 26 weekends last year for work while also working a full time job. My new role as a COO will be very difficult but still afford me my weekends with my wife and 3 children. Transition and change are a part of life and I am really excited to prove my worth to my new company and hopefully showcase the diverse skills military veterans and mixed martial artists possess. Thank you all. – Brian

A post shared by Brian Stann (@brianstann) on

Comments

What to Watch Out for at UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 | MMAWeekly.com

Preview some of the best fights to look forward to at UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 with Jon Anik, Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard. read news >>

Dana White: Nate Diaz Turned Down Fights with Everybody on the UFC Roster | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) Nate Diaz has been the subject of several rumored bouts over the past year or so since he lost to Conor McGregor at UFC 202 in August of 2016. But as frequentl read news >>

Gokhan Saki Out of UFC 219; Khalil Rountree Gets New Opponent for Year End Card | MMAWeekly.com

Gokhan Saki will no longer fight at the year end card on Dec. 30 against Khalil Rountree Jr. read news >>

No Performance of the Night Bonuses at UFC 218, Only Fights of the Night | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 was arguably the deepest fight card of the year from the promotion. If the post fight bonuses are any indicator, the line-up certainly delivered. UFC officials broke from read news >>

Dana White Recaps the UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 Event | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recaps the UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 night of fights from backstage at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit after the event. read news >>

Dana White: Demetrious Johnson vs. TJ Dillashaw Not Announced, but Will Happen | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Saturday night said the proposed superfight between Demetrious Johnson and TJ Dillashaw is going to happen. read news >>

Eryk Anders Confident He'll Remain Unbeaten Headed into UFC Fight Night 123 | MMAWeekly.com

Eryk Anders will look to remain undefeated when he takes on Markus Perez in a preliminary 185-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 123. read news >>

Alexis Davis Gunning to Become 'Top Contender' in New UFC Women's Flyweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

When the UFC announced that a women's flyweight division was being added and the first ever champion would be crowned through a tournament on "The Ultimate Fighter", Alexis Davis contemplated taking read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Vacates; Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold for Undisputed Title at UFC 221 | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre is no longer the UFC middleweight champion. On Thursday, St-Pierre officially surrendered his title to focus on his health after being diagnosed with colitis just recently and the U read news >>

Tyron Woodley: 'I Beat All the Tough People; They're All Warm-Up Fights (Now)' | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) Citing no fights available that are worthy of his effort, UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley is opting for surgery on his shoulder. Woodley had been linked to rumors of a fight read news >>