#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Nick Diaz #Rizin 7 #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #GSP #Quinton Jackson #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping

Brian Stann, at 36 years of age, is someone that makes the most of opportunities in his life. His latest opportunity will take him away from his role with the UFC and into an executive position in the world of real estate.

Stann announced on Monday that his is leaving his position as part of the UFC broadcast team. A former WEC champion and UFC contender, Stann has been calling fights for the past several years after retiring from fighting in 2013.

His career in fighting and broadcasting followed an even more impressive stint in the military. Stann served with distinction as a United States Marine. He faced combat during the Iraq War, where he earned the Silver Star, which honors personal valor.

As you can see, Stann has lived a full life. A full life often comes with sacrifice. In Stann’s case, much of that sacrifice was time with his family. His latest move is one that should allow for him to change that situation and spend more time with his wife and children.

“I am announcing my departure from calling fights with the UFC,” Stann wrote on his Instagram account. “I have been offered an amazing leadership role with a fast growing Real Estate Firm and will be attending Northwestern (Kellogg) for my executive MBA this fall.”

Stann added that he will still be attending many mixed martial arts events and thanked his co-workers and employer, but added that it was time for him to make a move for his family.

“This move is to focus more on my family. I traveled 26 weekends last year for work, while also working a full-time job,” he explained.

“My new role as a COO will be very difficult, but still afford me my weekends with my wife and three children. Transition and change are a part of life and I am really excited to prove my worth to my new company and hopefully showcase the diverse skills military veterans and mixed martial artists possess.”

I am announcing my departure from calling fights w/ the UFC. I have been offered an amazing leadership role with a fast growing Real Estate Firm and will be attending Northwestern (Kellogg) for my executive MBA this fall. Thank you to everyone for years of support, especially the athletes and coaches whom I love deeply. I will continue to be a huge MMA supporter and attend many events. Thank you to everyone from FOX and Zuffa who helped me so much in this journey. @jon_anik you are my brother and that will never change, and I cannot tell you how important your friendship has been to me. My wife @teressa_stann who has endured so much and supported me through war, fighting, and now this transition, I love forever and thank you so much. This move is to focus more on my family. I traveled 26 weekends last year for work while also working a full time job. My new role as a COO will be very difficult but still afford me my weekends with my wife and 3 children. Transition and change are a part of life and I am really excited to prove my worth to my new company and hopefully showcase the diverse skills military veterans and mixed martial artists possess. Thank you all. – Brian

A post shared by Brian Stann (@brianstann) on

Comments

Michael Bisping Might Retire After Fighting Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is considering retirement after he fights Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

UFC 216 Ferguson vs. Lee Extended Preview: Two Title Fights | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC 216 video preview with two title fights on tap! Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee tops the card, while Demetrious Johnson attempts to make history. read news >>

Ovince Saint Preux Puts Yushin Okami to Sleep in UFC Japan Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Ovince Saint Preux solidified his position in the upper crust of the light heavyweight division, submitting Yushin Okami at UFC Fight Night 117 on Friday. read news >>

Paige VanZant Reveals Numerous Injuries, Illnesses After UFC 216 Withdrawal | MMAWeekly.com

Paige VanZant wanted to fight next weekend at UFC 216 but instead it appears she'll be laid up in bed trying to recover from any number of ailments that struck her recently. VanZant was scheduled to read news >>

Matchmaker Says Khabib Nurmagomedov Was Offered Tony Ferguson at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby reveals plans were in motion for Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov in November read news >>

Kevin Lee Doesn't Respect Conor McGregor's UFC Lightweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

Lightweight contender Kevin Lee fights Tony Ferguson for the interim 155-pound title at UFC 216 and weighs in on Conor McGregor's lightweight legacy. read news >>

Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson's toughness just means he'll 'take a longer ass-whooping' at UFC 216

Kevin Lee believes Tony Ferguson is done evolving as a fighter, “and if you stop evolving, you start dying.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Countdown Video (Full Episode) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee features two title fights, and flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has history on line in the fight card's co-main event. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Predicts When He'll Finish Ray Borg at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson chases history on Saturday when he takes on Ray Borg in the UFC 216 co-main event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Glad Anderson Silva's Name is No Longer by His for UFC Record | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson etched his name in the history books on Saturday night in Las Vegas. In the UFC 216 co-main event, he submitted Ray B read news >>