#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Dominick Cruz #Michael Bisping #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler

UFC 152 fighter Brian Stann is very excited to be a part of the middleweight division right now, even if he is still a couple of fights away from potentially challenging for the title.

Stann faces Michael Bisping this weekend in Toronto, and despite his opponent’s outcry for title shots, the former Marine captain believes everyone at 185 pounds is still working to earn a shot at “the greatest of all time,” aka Anderson Silva.

“I think it’s the best time ever to be a UFC middleweight. It’s the most stacked the division’s ever been. It’s the most talented the division’s ever been in history,” Stann told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

“You’ve got about seven or eight guys that are going to be in the top ten in this division for probably the next three or four years, and we’re all just going to beat each other up. I think we’re all going to challenge for the title at some point or another, and we’re going to put on a lot of exciting fights because we’re all fighters.”

Stann is realistic about his placement in the 185-pound division, and he’s the first one to point that out.

Following a loss to Chael Sonnen in 2011, Stann retooled his training and worked to become a more complete mixed martial artist. Since then, he flattened Alessio Sakara in his lone performance in the Octagon, and he hopes to duplicate that against Bisping at UFC 152.

Still, Stann knows there’s a list of guys at middleweight all vying for the next shot at Anderson Silva, and it’s going to take a couple of great performances from any one of them to truly separate themselves from the pack.

“I don’t think (a win is) going to earn me a title shot,” Stann said about his fight with Michael Bisping. “I don’t think at that time I can go on the microphone and say, ‘hey, I deserve my shot.’ It’s just not the case. I think I’m going to need one or two more fights and that’s fine.

“It’s just because of the depth of the division. If the division wasn’t that deep then I could get away with doing that. I could get away with saying, ‘hey, I just beat Michael Bisping; one of the very best in the world. I want my shot.’ But you’ve got the Weidmans, you’ve got the Boetschs, you’ve got the Alan Belchers all out there, and I think we’ve got a little mini tournament set up. So it’s going to take another one or two wins for each guy to justify a shot against the greatest of all time.”

And the greatest of all time is who Stann aspires to face at one point or another in his career.

“Everybody wants their shot to fight the greatest of all time, everybody wants their shot to fight him, and I’m definitely one of them,” said Stann about facing Anderson Silva.

“He is the greatest of all time and I would love to fight him. I would be honored to fight him.”

For all things UFC 152 check out MMAWeekly’s UFC 152 page.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 118 pre-event facts: Donald Cerrone on cusp of all-time UFC wins record

• a day ago

Check out 55 facts, figures and footnotes about UFC Fight Night 118, which features a Donald Cerrone vs. Darren Till main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone on Pace to Capture UFC's All-Time Wins Record

• 13 hours ago

The UFC's all-time wins record might be a transitive beast for the next few weeks. An odd wrinkle in the fight company's upcoming schedule has all four of the fighters with the most career Octagon vi read news >>

Aljamain Sterling: 2 more UFC wins makes me an 'appealing fight' for bantamweight title

• 10 hours ago

Aljamain Sterling is confident and has a good understanding of where he stands in the UFC bantamweight title picture.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Tony Ferguson Wins Interim Lightweight Title at UFC 216, Unleashes on Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson puts Kevin Lee away with a third round triangle choke submission to become the new UFC interim lightweight champion read news >>

UFC 216 staff picks: Does anyone dare pick against all-time great Demetrious Johnson?

Check out our staff’s picks for the UFC 216 main card inside, including a pair of title fights in Las Vegas. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Syuri Kondo Wins Tough Battle in a Close Call (UFC Japan Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Syuri Kondo's narrow decision victory over Chan-Mi Jeon at UFC Fight Night 117 on Friday in Japan. read news >>

UFC 216 Results: Tony Ferguson Wins Lightweight Title Via Submission

After almost a year of relative inactivity in the lightweight division, the 155-pound weight class has an interim champion in Tony Ferguson. El Cucuy defeated Kevin Lee to claim the interim belt via read news >>

Bellator 184 post-event facts: Pat Curran flirts with Bellator's all-time wins record

Check out all the facts, figures and footnotes from Bellator 184, which took place this past Friday in Thackerville, Okla.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC 217 Extended Preview: Michael Bisping Has Been Racking Up Wins; What About Georges St-Pierre? | MMAWeekly.com

Take a deeper look into UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre, which features three world title fights. read news >>

Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 3 at UFC 219 in Las Vegas? Dana White says nope

Excited about the Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz rubber match trilogy fight at UFC 219 in December? Dana White says you should pump the brakesFiled under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>