#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Bellator 183 #Gokhan Saki #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Paul Daley #Takanori Gomi #Teruto Ishihara

James Terry

James Terry and David Marshall at StrikeForce

Even with two losses in his last three fights, Strikeforce lightweight James “Intensity” Terry doesn’t feel as if he’s strayed too far from his path.

“I don’t really think I fell off track,” he said. “I think MMA judging is screwed up, and it was apparent in my last fight (in January against Nah-Shon Burrell). I thought I won the first two rounds. I made a tactical error and could have pushed harder and could have done more (in the third round).

“I feel like I could easily be on a six-fight winning streak right now. I feel like I’m doing great and getting better and better, but just had some bad luck.”

While Terry hasn’t made wholesale changes to his routine in the wake of recent setbacks, he has made some alterations to ensure he continues to move forward.

“I think every time you fight you need to re-evaluate your weaknesses, especially when you have a close fight and you don’t go out there and destroy anybody,” he said. “It definitely made me revamp my training and made me look on some things I need to work on.

“I’m never complacent in my fight career. I’m always striving to get better, and I definitely feel I’ve been doing that.”

Originally scheduled to face Billy Evangelista at the May 19 Strikeforce event in San Jose, Calif., Terry instead will be taking on Bobby “King” Green in what could be the most balanced, competitive fight of the night.

“The fact that I’m fighting Bobby Green changes nothing,” said Terry. “I’m going to go out there and dictate the fight. The same thing I was going to do against Evangelista, I’m going to do against this guy.

“I try to be a strategist. If I fight somebody who is a straight grappler, I’m not going to grapple with them, because why deal with what they’re good at? I’ve fought guys whose stand-up was good, but I thought mine was better and still grappled with them because that was their weakness. He’s well-rounded so I’ll just have to beat him in all areas and be dominant.”

Having made ample progress since moving down to lightweight from welterweight, Terry feels a win against Green could put him right back in the mix and lead to an eventual shot at titleholder Gilbert Melendez before the year is out.

“I’m down to fight 170’s because that’s what I fought at most at my career, but I’m a 155-pounder and that’s where I want to make my title run,” he said. “Win or lose a fight, I’ve definitely been progressing this last year or two. I’m ready to go take this to the top and fight anybody.

“I feel I’m one of the best 155-pounders in the division and this fight coming up I’m going to showcase it.”

For more MMA News and MMA Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic didn't know UFC planned Jon Jones fight, wants better contract

Stipe Miocic simply wants to get paid what he feels is right as the UFC heavyweight champion.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Reinvented Gilbert Melendez seeks 'historic fight' with Jeremy Stephens at UFC 215

Wins and losses be damned: Gilbert Melendez is going to stick to his roots when fighting fellow brawler Jeremy Stephens at UFC 215.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jeremy Stephens postponed his wedding to fight Gilbert Melendez at UFC 215

Jeremy Stephens postponed his wedding, which is why he hopes to make Gilbert Melendez’s first night as a featherweight miserable.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gilbert Melendez Explains Why He's Seeking a 'Fresh Start' as a Featherweight | MMAWeekly.com

Gilbert Melendez has seen it all during his 15 year career in mixed martial arts. He's been on the highest highs while ranked as one of the best lightweights in the world as he competed in Japan as w read news >>

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg scratched from UFC 215 headliner

No, seriously. The planned headliner for Saturday’s event between UFC flyweight champion and Ray Borg has been called off less than 12 hours before the fighters were set to hit the scales.Filed under read news >>

UFC 215 results: Vicious Jeremy Stephens low kicks destroy Gilbert Melendez

Gilbert Melendez once again proved his durability in the cage, but he’d probably just as soon forget all about his featherweight debut against Jeremy Stephens.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Gilbert Melendez got talked out of quitting on the stool after gnarly leg injury

Gilbert Melendez got off to a bad start against Jeremy Stephens at UFC 215, which is another way of saying that after one round in the cage his left shin looked like it was ready to give birth.Filed read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Dominates Gilbert Melendez (UFC 215 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

No. 8 ranked featherweight Jeremy Stephens kicked off the UFC 215 main card with a dominating performance against former lightweight title challenger Gilbert Melendez. Stephens' leg kicks were the st read news >>

UFC exec Dave Shaw: Edmonton return planned despite commission controversy

Despite its controversial commission, the UFC intends to return Edmonton in the future after a successful debut with UFC 215. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gilbert Melendez Shows Off Battered and Bruised Leg One Day After UFC 215 (PHOTO) | MMAWeekly.com

Gilbert Melendez showed incredible toughness making it all three rounds with Jeremy Stephens at UFC 215 on Saturday night despite largely competing on one leg. Stephens absolutely battered Melendez's read news >>