#Dynasty of Heroes #Fight One #Conor McGregor #Ben Askren #UFC 211 #Shinya Aoki #Angela Lee #Nate Diaz #Istela Nunes #Jon Jones #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Alexander Gustafsson #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Colosseum

As he awaits the call for his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut, former EliteXC heavyweight champion Antonio Silva has gone about the business of shoring up his weaknesses under the Team Nogueira banner.

Silva (16-3) has not fought since being knocked out by the unbeaten Daniel Cormier in the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix semifinals in September. The defeat halted a three-fight winning streak for the 32-year-old Brazilian, which included wins over Russian great Fedor Emelianenko and former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski.

“I’m doing very specific work in boxing and kickboxing to correct my mistakes,” Silva told Sherdog.com. “To make a mistake is human, but to remain in error is stupid. I fought two fighters from the American Kickboxing Academy, and they knocked me down. Against Mike Kyle, I was able to recover and win the fight, but against Cormier, I got knocked out for the first time in 20 fights.

“The people in my camp saw where the mistakes were, so now I’m going to train, train and train some more to fix it,” he added. “I’m also training jiu-jitsu in the gi, doing strength work and following a good diet in order to lose weight and improve my speed.”

Silva, who underwent shoulder surgery in November following his loss to Cormier, does not yet have a date or an opponent for his first UFC bout, though he expects to hear from matchmakers soon. Rumors of a potential matchup with onetime UFC heavyweight titleholder Cain Velasquez have cooled.

“Several things have been said, but nothing is 100 percent yet,” Silva said. “As I always say, ‘Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.’ Two weeks after my surgery, I started training to get ready for when the opportunity appears. I’m eager to fight again, and when they put me inside that Octagon, I’ll always try to have good fights.”

Though he no longer flies the Strikeforce flag, Silva will watch with personal interest when Cormier meets Josh Barnett in the heavyweight grand prix final, likely in the first or second quarter of 2012.

“I’ll root for Cormier, who’s a great guy, but I think it’s going to be kind of hard for him to win,” Silva said. “Barnett is a more complete fighter, with good boxing, wrestling and ground skills. The only chance for Cormier is to land a big punch, like he did on me, but I think it will be Barnett who wins.”

Silva admits a part of him was saddened when Zuffa LLC officials elected to dissolve the Strikeforce heavyweight division and fold it into the UFC.

“I’m sorry for that,” he said. “They could have left it as a gateway for the weight class, but it would have sort of been a second division to the premier league -- the UFC.”

Allan Oliveira contributed to this report.

Ahead of the UFC 211 rematch, take a look back at Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos I

The heavyweight title is back on the line next week in Dallas with a highly anticipated rematch. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Vitor Belfort Reportedly Facing Nate Marquardt at UFC 212 | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort is expected to face Nate Marquardt at UFC 212 in what may be the final fight of his career. read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 211

Ahead of UFC 211, UFC Fight Pass analyst Dan Hardy and broadcast partner John Gooden break down Saturday’s co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Stipe Miocic joins the podcast

UFC Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic calls in ahead of his rematch with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211. Plus, Jim hosts the show solo and talks to Chris The Producer about the Canelo vs. Chavez, Jr. f read news >>

Video: Watch UFC 211's biggest stars face off in Dallas

DALLAS – Ahead of Saturday’s jam-packed UFC 211 event in Texas, the principle fighters on the card were rounded up to meet the media today. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Video: Ahead of UFC 211, watch Stipe Miocic's first title defense vs. Alistair Overeem

Watch Stipe Miocic thrill his hometown crowd with his first title defense as he knocks out Alistair Overeem at UFC 203.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones Get Heated in Confirming Their UFC 214 Bout | MMAWeekly.com

As expected, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones will rematch at UFC 214 on July 29, but the fight announcement wasn't exactly a smooth rollout. read news >>