#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #Nik Lentz #Will Brooks #Georges St-Pierre

09-Ben-Rothwell-UFC 135w_3748Ben Rothwell looked to get his UFC career back on the right track with a final round TKO victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 164 in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Rothwell, 31, who referred to himself as a “fat heavyweight,” has implemented change in his life, which includes clean living and eating and attributes his Octagon success to the change.

“I’ve changed a lot in my training, as you can see. I’ve been known to gas, but the best of me came out in the third round. Who would have guessed?” Rothwell said on the UFC post-fight show on Fox Sports 2.

“There’s definitely some exciting changes. I’ve got some fire to burn, as the coaches say. The biggest effect I’ve had is that I’ve always been known as a fat heavyweight. I’ve literally cut off every bad thing in my life. I love video games; I haven’t played them in six months. I stopped doing a lot of dumb things.”

“All I do is watch my diet. I cook for myself. I grow a garden. I eat clean and I’ve got a full support system,” he continued.

With losses to top level heavyweight’s Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt on his record, a revamped Rothwell is looking to give it another crack at the top level, but admits he isn’t getting ahead of himself just yet.

“All I do is train. I go what does a world champion do? And I wasn’t doing it and tonight a little bit came out. I still got work to do, but I’m here through work and to improve and impress the fans.

“I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a fight I was supposed to win. I had to win and I’m just glad we had a great fight. It enabled me to test myself.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 119 headliner Lyoto Machida credits new life outside octagon for getting him back

For the first time in his career, Lyoto Machida is learning what it’s like to deal with a lengthy layoff. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

After D'Arce choke win, Vicente Luque wants recent UFC main-event winner Darren Till next

After taking advantage of a short-notice opportunity, Vicente Luque has lofty aspirations for his next outing.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White: More than Conor McGregor, homophobic slurs by UFC fighters 'definitely a problem'

UFC President Dana White expressed concern about a recent growing trend of UFC fighters using homophobic language.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Alexander Volkanovski gets third different opponent for UFC Fight Night 121

The UFC found a way to keep Alexander Volkanovski on UFC Fight Night 121.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Rips Mike Swick for Doing the 'Worst Thing to Ever Happen to the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White credits Mike Swick with one of the worst things to ever happen to his company. read news >>

Aljamain Sterling gets Marlon Moraes as UFC-Fresno replacement opponent

Aljamain Sterling has been in need of a replacement opponent, and he’s found one in Marlon Moraes.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC's Volkan Oezdemir issues statement on arrest following 'bar room altercation'

• 12 hours ago

UFC fighter Volkan Oezdemir has issued a statement through his management team following his recent arrest.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Trading Shots: What should the UFC do about an uptick in fighters behaving badly?

• 11 hours ago

Throwing boomerangs. Shoving refs. Insulting entire nations. Screaming out homophobic slurs. Where’s the line between what gets you heat with fans, and what should get you actually punished as a UFC read news >>

Fighter Sells Low Blow with Ric Flair Faceplant

• 14 hours ago

We all tend to take for granted that the UFC makes MMA a bit more serious than it is at its core. With the stars and titles and big pay-per-views, you'd almost forget what the game is in actuality. I read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs Tybura Fantasy Rewind

• a day ago

Taking a main event fight on short notice didn't rattle former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum one bit as he earned a unanimous decision win over Marcin Tybura to cap off the latest UFC Fight Ni read news >>