#UFC 216 #Rizin 7 #Tony Ferguson #Conor McGregor #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Robbie Lawler

Ben Henderson and Mark Bocek at UFC 129

Ben Henderson and Mark Bocek at UFC 129

Former WEC lightweight champion Ben “Smooth” Henderson (13-2) will meet top contender Jim Miller (20-2) in the co-main event for UFC on Versus 5 in Milwaukee.

The 27-year-old Henderson is riding high off of a successful debut in the Octagon with a decision victory the always-tough Mark Bocek at UFC 129.

Some pundits speculated prior to Henderson’s victory over Bocek that the bright lights and the magnitude of the event would get to him, as he fought in front of 55,000 people in his Octagon debut in Toronto.  However, the MMA Lab pupil felt confident and already used to the pressure.

“To be honest, not to hop myself up too highly, but every fighter is confident,” Henderson told MMAWeekly Radio.

“You’re supposed to be confident as a fighter, and not go in there nervous.  I think I have a knack for confidence, the same as every other fighter.  I had a natural confidence going into that fight against Bocek.  Biggest UFC ever, most people attended, and setting all sorts of records.

“I had a lot of questions from fans, the media, and whatnot about how I’m going to react to that and how I feel.  I think so far in my career I’ve been a part of a lot of big events.  People may have (written off) my experience because it was in the WEC, but my career is pretty much the exact way you want it to go.”

Many see the fight between Henderson and Miller as a very exciting lightweight contest that has all the potential to steal the show.  The two lightweights are known for always coming forward and pressuring their opponents until something gives.

“I think this is going to be a fun fight.  I’m definitely looking forward towards it.  I’m looking forward to our styles matching up pretty well together.  He wins a lot of decisions; most of his fights are against the top-level guys.  He has a lot of fights that go to a decision, but he’s not one of those guys who fights for a decision, he fights for the finish.”

With UFC president Dana White promising Jim Miller a title shot with a victory, Henderson is not chomping at the bit with title concerns or rankings.  Henderson just wants to fight and let his performance speak for itself.

“I want to show clearly and definitely how much better I am and make my statement.  I don’t want to talk about it; I want to let the walking do the talking for me.  I’m not going to go, ‘oh damn, I didn’t get the title shot,’ and ‘oh I think I’m ready.’  I’m not that guy; that’s not me.  I’m going to be in there and let my actions speak for themselves.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Jim Miller vs. Francisco Trinaldo is 13th addition to UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil

After putting out a call for an opponent – at lightweight or welterweight – Jim Miller will remain at 155 pounds.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping's ideal scenario could delay retirement past GSP fight

Michael Bisping (sort of) walks back his comments on his last fight potentially being at UFC 217 against Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Today, in gross-stuff news: UFC lightweight Dan Hooker's post-surgery knee

Dan Hooker’s right knee brought us excitement in June, when it delivered a knockout of Ross Pearson en route to a $50,000 bonus. His left one, however, isn’t doing too well at the moment.Filed under: read news >>

UFC 216 finalized: With Johnson-Borg addition, 1 bout moves from PPV to UFC Fight Pass

With the addition of a new title fight, next month’s UFC 216 lineup has experienced a slight shuffle.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC's Paige VanZant wrote a book, and here's the cover

UFC fighter, “Chopped” winner, “Dancing with the Stars” runner-up and now author? Paige VanZant is making the most of her time in the spotlight.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 Betting Odds: Okami vs. Saint Preux Preview, Prediction

The UFC's return to Japan follows the theme of "the bigger the name, the bigger the odds" as UFC Fight Night 117 goes Friday night at the Saitama Super Arena. The card was originally topped by light read news >>

Why the UFC? Why not kickboxing? UFC-Japan's Gokhan Saki says fans are 'going to be in shock'

Before UFC-Japan, Gokhan Saki explains why he’s returning to fighting – this time with the UFC – after a decorated kickboxing career.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 pre-event facts: Jessica Andrade 1st female with a dozen UFC fights

Check out 40 facts, figures and footnotes about UFC Fight Night 117, which features an Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ferguson vs. Lee Remains Headliner at UFC 216 Over Johnson vs. Borg | MMAWeekly.com

The addition of a second world title fight will not affect the UFC 216 main event as the final bout order for the card was released this week. Tony Ferguson will battle Kevin Lee with the interim lig read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 26 - Episode 4 Preview

In tonight’s episode, No. 3 overall seed and longtime UFC bantamweight Lauren Murphy will look to keep that trend alive as she takes on No. 14 seed Nicco Montano, who enters the competition with a 3- read news >>