#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #Nate Diaz #GGG #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Time To Shine

Bellator Fighting Championships on Thursday announced the signing of kickboxing specialist Cosmo Alexandre to its lightweight roster. “Good Boy” will make his promotional debut on Oct. 1 at Bellator 52.

“I’m coming to Bellator to put together some devastating knockouts,” Alexandre said in a release. “I want to knock my opponents out with head kicks, elbows and knees in the clinch. I can submit guys now and I’m definitely prepared to fight on the ground, but I’m definitely going to be looking for the knockout when I step inside that Bellator cage.”

An opponent has yet to be named for Alexadre’s debut. Bellator 52 will emanate from L’Auberge Du Lac Casino Resort in Lake Charles, La., and will feature the promotion’s fifth-season heavyweight tournament quarterfinals.

The 29-year-old Brazilian comes to Bellator after competing for roughly decade as a kickboxer, winning multiple titles. During his standup career, the Mike’s Gym representative knocked out nearly half of his 40 career victims while falling by knockout only once.

“I wanted to make the transition to MMA because I have already won all of the titles in kickboxing,” said Alexandre. “I won the King’s Cup Tournament championship, which is the biggest muay Thai tournament in all of Thailand, and I won the championship in It’s Showtime, which is the biggest kickboxing event in all of Europe. I have already accomplished everything I ever wanted to in kickboxing. I’ve fought and beat the biggest names, so now I want to fight with the best fighters in the world in MMA.”

Comments

Bellator signs prospect Tyree Fortune, twin brother of heavyweight Tyrell Fortune

Bellator has doubled its Fortune.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2523 with Cynthia Calvillo and Fernando Gonzalez

Stream or download Wednesday’s episode of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Cynthia Calvillo and Fernando Gonzalez.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Bellator Veteran Sergio Da Silva Arrested After Alleged Involvement in Bank Robbery | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator veteran Sergio Da Silva has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery that took place in New York just a few days ago. According to a report from TMZ, Da Silva was arrested after alleg read news >>

Rory MacDonald's all-caps Reddit AMA included a Robbie Lawler PED accusation

Former UFC welterweight title challenger and current Bellator contender Rory MacDonald didn’t hold back during today’s Reddit AMA.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

MMA Fighter Sergio Da Silva Reportedly Arrested for Alleged Bank Robbery

Mixed martial artist Sergio Da Silva, who competed at Bellator 180 in June, reportedly was arrested Thursday after allegedly robbing a bank in New York City. According to TMZ Sports, Da Silva is accu read news >>

UFC announces FITE TV as PPV streaming partner after Mayweather-McGregor debacle

The leading MMA promotion has announced a new partner for pay-per-view events.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC and FITE TV Announce New Television Distribution Partnership

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new digital partnership with combat sports network FITE TV, to broadcast the global brand’s Pay-Per-View events on its read news >>

UFC-Rotterdam results: Abdul-Kerim Edilov debuts with beatdown of Bojan Mihajlovic

Debuting 205-pounder Abdul-Kerim Edilov announced his UFC arrival with an absolute beatdown of Serbia’s Bojan Mihajlovic.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC and FITE TV Announce Television Distribution Partnership | MMAWeekly.com

UFC, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new digital partnership with combat sports network FITE TV. read news >>

Take 2: Aaron Pico's reboot set for Bellator 183 at featherweight vs. Justin Linn

After a highly publicized stumble out of the gate, Bellator prospect Aaron Pico is changing weight classes and forging ahead. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>