#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Bellator 185 #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #KSW 40 #MMA Rocks #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Conor McGregor #Kristina Williams #Norman Parke #Heather Hardy

Zoila GurgelIt’s been more than a year since Bellator women’s champion Zoila Gurgel has stepped inside the cage, but when she returns next weekend in Ohio, her return fight will not be televised.

Bellator has released the final four fight main card for next weekend’s Bellator 78, and Gurgel’s fight against Casey Noland will be a preliminary bout instead of being aired during the live show on MTV2.

Obviously, Gurgel is more than a little disappointed in the move because her face has been featured prominently on many of the Bellator posters promoting the event, which takes place less than an hour from her training center in Cincinnati, OH.

Gurgel is baffled and unsure why Bellator would put one of their champions on the undercard, but as of yet the promotion has offered no reason why.

“Why was I on the last undercard? It doesn’t make much sense, it does not make much sense to anybody else. People would say the same thing about any other female fight, but not only that the (Jessica) Aguilar and (Megumi) Fujii fight made the air, and hey I beat both of those girls,” Gurgel told MMAWeekly Radio on Thursday.

“On top of that, what champion of any organization or any promotion have you ever seen on an undercard? Especially if it’s a televised event and it’s not televised. It’s crazy to me.”

Bellator has featured other women’s bouts on the main card since Gurgel suffered a serious knee injury in 2011 that forced her out of action for the last year and a half. For some reason however, Gurgel will occupy a slot on the prelims as Bellator champion.

“No matter who my opponent is, it’s who I am, it’s the level that I’ve gotten to, it’s what I represent and what I bring to the table,” said Gurgel.

Despite the disappointment, Gurgel refuses to let the bad news bring her down ahead of her comeback fight next weekend in Dayton. She’s been waiting more than a year to finally strap on the gloves and get back to fighting, so main card, preliminary card or otherwise, Zoila Gurgel is going to give fans a show.

“This isn’t the first time, this is the second time, but I’m at a point where it’s not something I can control. I can’t make a phone call and say ‘hey I need to be on TV or be on the main card, this is not right’,” said Gurgel.

“But I can’t make those calls, and I’m going to do what I do, and that’s fight.”

For more news and rumors make sure to check out MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

Comments

Bellator 183 salaries: Patricky Freire earns event-best $110,000

Patricky Freire earned the largest disclosed payday at this past weekend’s Bellator 183 event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2532 with Michael Chandler and Walt Harris

Stream or download Tuesday’s episode of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Michael Chandler and Walt HarrisFiled under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Douglas Lima on Rory MacDonald face-off: 'I thought he was going to sell me an iPad'

Bellator champ Douglas Lima’s thoughts when he was face to face with a Steve Jobs-looking Rory MacDonald? “I thought he was going to sell me an iPad.”Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

A Fight with Conor? Bellator 3-Division Champ? Rory MacDonald Wants It All

Rory MacDonald seems to have found some extra swagger since arriving in Bellator MMA. Perhaps there's good reason for that. Long regarded as one of the top welterweights in the world, the 28-year-old read news >>

Undefeated A.J. McKee set to fight Jeremy Petley at Bellator 187 in Ireland

A.J. McKee won’t face rival James Gallagher like he’d hoped, but they’ll be on the same card.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Michael McDonald to make Bellator debut this December in England

Once the youngest competitor in the UFC at 20, Michael McDonald’s quest to rebuild his career in Bellator begins this winter.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Scott Coker open to Bellator heavyweight tournament but wants to crown champion first

Bellator President Scott Coker said he’d like to crown a new heavyweight champion in the first part of 2018.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas says he's close to being best-ever bantamweight

Bellator bantamweight champ Eduardo Dantas said he’s close to proving he’s the world’s best as he nears a fight with Darrion Caldwell at Bellator 184.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Scott Coker: Chuck Liddell would need 'battery of tests' before fighting in Bellator

UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell is talking like he’s about to make a comeback in the Bellator cage, but it won’t be as simple as signing a fight deal.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator President Scott Coker Recounts Hugh Hefner's Association with MMA | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator president Scott Coker recounts Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's association with MMA. The pop culture icon passed away on Wednesday. read news >>