#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

Bellator Fighting Championships on Tuesday announced the signing of former UFC welterweight Brian Foster.

Foster’s debut date for the Chicago-based promotion is currently unknown, but the 27-year-old Oklahoma native has already called out Bellator’s best.

“I’m getting that belt,” Foster stated in a release. “I want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and I’m better than I’ve ever been. I’m very happy to be a part of Bellator and I’m coming for the top spot.”

Trained by Marc Fiore and representing Finney’s H.I.T. Squad of Granite City, Ill., Foster has won four straight bouts. After earning back-to-back wins over Forrest Petz and Matt Brown in 2010, Foster suffered a pair of medical setbacks. Only weeks after suffering a burst testicle in training due to an errant kick, Foster was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage in April.

Expected to face Sean Pierson at UFC 129, Foster was forced to withdraw from the contest and was released by the UFC. His medical issues now in the past, Foster says he has made a full recovery. The welterweight has gone a perfect 2-0 outside the Octagon, earning a pair of wins in the last 30 days after sitting on the sideline for over 10 months.

“I’ve been seen by two of the best doctors in [Illinois],” said Foster. “They’ve medically cleared me, and I feel great. I’m looking forward to facing Bellator’s best and becoming the next welterweight champion.”

Comments

Bellator signs Goiti Yamauchi to new long-term contract

Goiti Yamauchi is sticking with Bellator for the foreseeable future after signing a new long-term deal with the promotion.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC Fight Night 119 draws announced 10,265 fans in Sao Paulo

SAO PAULO – Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 119 event drew an announced attendance of 10,265 fans. UFC officials announced the tally following the event, which MMAjunkie attended. No live gate total was a read news >>

USADA: UFC's Brandon Moreno accepts no-fault finding after failed drug test

UFC anti-doping partner USADA today announced a finding of no-fault after standout UFC flyweight Brandon Moreno failed a drug test.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

London calls: UFC Fight Night event announced for March 17 at The O2

The UFC is set for a return to London in March.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Returns to London on March 17, 2018

UFC® today announced its hugely anticipated return to London, England. The event will take place on Saturday March 17, 2018 at The O2 and will mark the organisation’s tenth live event in the English read news >>

UFC Announces New Integrated Partnership with AirAsia

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new multi-territory partnership with AirAsia, Asia’s leading low-cost carrier, to serve as the global brand’s first-ever “ read news >>

UFC Announces Q1 Event Schedule

The UFC announced the 2018 first quarter slate of events Saturday night during the UFC 217 event at Madison Square Garden in New York City. read news >>

Tywan Claxton's massive flying-knee KO emphatically announced his arrival to Bellator

Tywan Claxton’s professional MMA debut is one to remember.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Cage Warriors 89 adds Belgium's Tommy Depret vs. 5-time UFC vet John Maguire

With Cage Warriors visiting Belgium later this month, the promotion has added a local veteran to take on a UFC vet.Filed under: Cage Warriors, News read news >>

Rampage Jackson Free of UFC, Inks New Deal with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has moved clear of his UFC entanglements and inked a new deal with Bellator. read news >>