#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Darren Till #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Nick Diaz #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler

Joey Davis may have just started his professional MMA career, but he’s already thinking big.

“I want to be the next big thing,” Davis said. “I want to be the next big star. I’m going to be the champion. What’s going to happen after I’m the champion, I don’t know. But I’m going to be the champion.

Looking at Davis’ one-fight pro MMA record, one might be tempted to tell the 23-year-old to hit the brakes on that one. But, when you’re a four-time NCAA Division II national champion who stayed unbeaten throughout 131 wrestling matches, some confidence is warranted.

Davis returns to the Bellator cage tonight, almost exactly one year after a successful Bellator debut. Davis (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA), who took a decision over Keith Cutrone at Bellator 160 to kick off his pro MMA career, meets Justin Roswell (1-1 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) a 175-pound catchweight preliminary card bout.

Bellator 182 takes place at Turning Stone Resort Casino, in Verona, N.Y. The main card airs on Spike and prelims stream on MMAjunkie.

Davis, who also built an unbeaten five-fight amateur MMA record before turning pro, understands the volatile nature of the fight game. But, as someone who spent an entire life – successfully – competing, he is also aware of his own power.

“There’s no way I can be beat if I put my mind to it,” Davis said. “Fighting is a very tough sport. You just get hit and knocked out., god forgive. But I know if I put all my abilities to the test, and I know I’m in the best shape I can be, I am very hard to deal with. Very tough.”

To hear more from Davis on his goals, trajectory and inspiration, check out the video above.

And for more on Bellator 182, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Comments

Bellator 183's Roy Nelson excited to be doing an old job that's suddenly become new again

Everything old is new again for Roy Nelson in his new Bellator home, where he says he’s finally excited about fighting again.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

What Is Benson Henderson's Legacy After Bellator 183?

The Bellator career of Benson Henderson has been turbulent. He's enjoyed two title fights in two separate weight classes since jumping ship from the UFC in early 2016, but he lost them both. After hi read news >>

What debut? Aaron Pico just hit the reset button on an again-promising career

Want to make people forget about your embarrassing debut? Send your next opponent crashing to the canvas.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Max Holloway's Blessed UFC Career

"It’s cool having this belt and being a champion, but I want to make sure my son is set. I want him to go to college. I don’t want him to fight. Fighting is insane." read news >>

A Fight with Conor? Bellator 3-Division Champ? Rory MacDonald Wants It All

Rory MacDonald seems to have found some extra swagger since arriving in Bellator MMA. Perhaps there's good reason for that. Long regarded as one of the top welterweights in the world, the 28-year-old read news >>

Bellator 184 results: Emmanuel Sanchez taps former champ Daniel Straus in third

Emmanuel Sanchez picked up the biggest win of his Bellator career with a third-round submission of former champion Daniel Straus.Filed under: News read news >>

Bellator signs undefeated grappling ace Leonardo Leite

Bellator’s light heavyweight division has added an undefeated Brazilian standout.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Video: Nikita Krylov crushes former Bellator champ Emanuel Newton, stays perfect post-UFC

Nikita Krylov remained perfect in his post-UFC career when he defeated former Bellator champ Emmanuel Newton at Fight Nights Global 77.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Gegard Mousasi's Bellator plan: Shlemenko, title, MacDonald, light heavyweight – then retire?

Gegard Mousasi sees endless possibilities for his Bellator career. But it all starts with Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Gegard Mousasi targets 205-pound division after he captures Bellator middleweight title

• 16 hours ago

Gegard Mousasi’s potential reign in the Bellator middleweight division may be short lived.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Videos read news >>