#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Nick Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Quinton Jackson #Holly Holm #Pancrase #Anderson Silva

alexander-sarnavskiy-1.jpgAlexander Sarnavskiy has three words to describe himself as a fighter: technical, angry and conditioned.

The Russian thinks the last one is going to be particularly relevant in his next bout, which takes place tonight against Marcus Davis (22-9 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at Bellator 101.

“He’s older than me, so I think stamina would become a factor in our fight,” Sarnavskiy (23-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) told MMAjunkie.com.

The 24-year-old fighter isn’t one to bray about his opponent’s weaknesses. Like many fighters from his country, he believes that passion for one’s heritage is a good thing. Personal attacks, on the other hand, are unnecessary.

He will, however, calmly note that Davis’ age is an albatross in a longer fight.

“Sometimes he rushes forward,” Sarnavskiy said. “I’ll fight him standing and put pressure on him. I won’t let him even take a breath, so as a result I would be able to use my stamina to finish him.”

On the way there, those other two words will reveal themselves in the cage.

“When I was a kid, I was bullied very often by older kids,” he said. “So I have this in me, and during the fight it comes out. I will always fight to the end. It doesn’t matter how many rounds – I will never quit. I will never give up.”

The bout is part of the opening round for Bellator’s Season 9 lightweight tournament and serves on the Spike TV-televised main card of the event, which takes place at Moda Center in Portland, Ore. (Preliminary-card bouts stream on Spike.com.)

Sarnavskiy has praise for Davis’ skills and gives respect to the fighter’s impressive performances in the UFC, as well to his veteran status.

But at the same time, he said, Davis, who makes his debut in Bellator on the downslope of a 20-year fighting career, “always fights as a counter striker.” He plans to take advantage of that when they meet.

“I consider myself a well-rounded fighter, and I’m working hard on improving all aspects of my game,” Sarnavskiy said. “So what you’re going to see is a vastly improved version of myself. I’ll be better in everything: striking, wrestling, submissions and conditioning.”

According to him, one of those is already his best attribute. But with the others, he believes he will advance in the tournament.

“In this fight with Marcus Davis, I see my hand being raised at the end,” Sarnavskiy said. “This is the most important thing for me right now. The fans watching on Spike TV will not be disappointed, and they will remember me. They will see a whole variety of MMA techniques, and this will be a high-paced fight with aggression on both sides.”

For the latest on Bellator 101, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Comments

Bellator champ Douglas Lima on Rory MacDonald: 'Mark my words, I'm going to finish him'

Douglas Lima figures he’ll be the underdog vs. Rory MacDonald but does not care.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Rory MacDonald expects competitive Bellator title fight vs. Douglas Lima – but also a finish

Rory MacDonald does believe his second Bellator bout vs. champ Douglas Lima will be more competitive than his debut, but it will end the same.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Rory MacDonald working through some 'disappointment with Bellator' since signing

It hasn’t been all sunshine and lollipops for Rory MacDonald since he signed with Bellator in the summer of 2016.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 183 winner Goiti Yamauchi on his speak-the-truth vision to become lightweight champ

Goiti Yamauchi doesn’t mind that he was dismissive of his opponent’s skills before Bellator 183. He spoke his truth, then proved it.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

'King Mo' Lawal out of Bellator 185 co-headliner against Liam McGeary

Injuries continue to plague Muhammed Lawal, this time forcing him out of his Bellator 185 co-main event bout with Liam McGeary.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

'King' Mo Lawal Out of Bellator 185, Replacement Sought for Liam McGeary | MMAWeekly.com

A change has been made to the upcoming Bellator 185 card on Oct. 20 as 'King' Mo Lawal has been forced out of his co-main event fight against Liam McGeary with an undisclosed injury. Bellator officia read news >>

Bellator 184 pre-event facts: Eduardo Dantas can take lead in championship-fight wins

For more on the numbers behind Friday’s Bellator 184 fight card, check out 20 pre-event facts.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 184's Westin Wilson, the guy who gets fight advice from his former DEA agent dad

Featherweight Weston Wilson was 17 when his dad moved the family to Brazil. It wasn’t your average relocation – his dad worked for the DEA.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bubba McDaniel replaces 'King Mo' against Liam McGeary at Bellator 185

It didn’t take long for Bellator to find a replacement opponent to step in against former champion Liam McGeary at Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Injury-Free Pat Curran Aching to Overcome a Broken Couple of Years at Bellator 184 | MMAWeekly.com

On October 6 in Thackerville, Oklahoma, Pat Curran (22-7) takes on John Teixeira (21-2-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Bellator 184. read news >>