#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

UFC Fight Night 104 is set for Saturday in Houston following Friday’s official weigh-in. All but one fighter made weight, and that one fighter took to her Facebook page on Friday to explain why.

Bec Rawlings, a popular UFC strawweight, stepped on the scale at 117.5 pounds. That is 1.5 pounds over the 116-pound limit for a non-title fight in the weight class.

Although she missed weight, her opponent, Tecia Torres, accepted the bout. In missing weight, Rawlings was penalized 20-percent of her fight purse, which is given to Torres.

Following the weigh-in, Rawlings explained that she has some medical hurdles that make it difficult to get down to the 115-pound mark, and thanked Torres and her team for accepting the bout while knowing Rawlings couldn’t cut any further.

Bec Rawlings“Earlier this year, I was finally diagnosed with Secondary Hypothyroidism after struggling with my weight and energy for so long and to add to that my hormones, cortisol and everything that fires this beast of a body has taken a hit from these nasty weight cuts to 115,” Rawlings wrote.

“Today I pushed my body to its absolute limits to try (to) hit 116 and my body failed me. I know people don’t exactly know what cutting weight entails and are quick to judge and talk (expletive), but I know I did everything in my power to make weight today. I’ve been calling for 125 for this reason, women’s bodies are not designed to cut extreme amounts of weight and I am not the only UFC fighter with these issues, we need more divisions.

“I’m still fighting, Tecia and her team ATT were very understanding and knew I couldn’t cut anymore and just want a good fight tomorrow night, which we will give.”

Earlier this year I was finally diagnosed with Secondary Hypothyroidism after struggling with my weight & energy for so…

? Rowdy Bec Rawlings ??? 2017?2?3?

Comments

UFC Fight Night 119: Brunson vs. Machida Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 119: Brunson vs. Machida full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT on Saturday, Oct. 28. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 6:30 pm ET / 3:30 pm PT on Saturday. read news >>

Poirier and Pettis Make Weight for UFC Norfolk, but One Main Card Fighter Misses | MMAWeekly.com

A stacked card for UFC Fight Night 120 is set after Friday's official early weigh-in, although one main card fighter missed the mark by several pounds. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 122: Bisping vs. Gastelum Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 122: Bisping vs. Gastelum full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 3:45 am ET / 12:45 am PT on Nov. 25. read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 121 in Sydney

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 121 event in Australia, which features Fabricio Werdum vs. Marcin Tybura.Filed under: News read news >>

Alexander Volkanovski gets third different opponent for UFC Fight Night 121

The UFC found a way to keep Alexander Volkanovski on UFC Fight Night 121.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Vitor Belfort vs. Uriah Hall now official for UFC Fight Night 124 in St. Louis

Vitor Belfort took the liberty of announcing his next fight booking, against Uriah Hall, a few weeks ago. Now it’s official.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 122 in China

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 122 event in China.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Miesha Tate Explains Why Holly Holm Can Beat Cris Cyborg at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Miesha Tate gives her thoughts on Holm vs. Cyborg read news >>

Brandon Moreno vs. Ray Borg slated for UFC Fight Night 126 in Austin

Next year’s UFC Fight Night 126 event in Texas has its first fight, and it’s an intriguing one.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>