#UFC Fight Night 126 #Conor McGregor #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #Derrick Lewis #UFC Australia #UFC Fight Night 57 #FNG

Bec Rawlings Explains Failure to Make Weight at UFC Houston | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Fight Night 104 is set for Saturday in Houston following Friday’s official weigh-in. All but one fighter made weight, and that one fighter took to her Facebook page on Friday to explain why.

Bec Rawlings, a popular UFC strawweight, stepped on the scale at 117.5 pounds. That is 1.5 pounds over the 116-pound limit for a non-title fight in the weight class.

Although she missed weight, her opponent, Tecia Torres, accepted the bout. In missing weight, Rawlings was penalized 20-percent of her fight purse, which is given to Torres.

Following the weigh-in, Rawlings explained that she has some medical hurdles that make it difficult to get down to the 115-pound mark, and thanked Torres and her team for accepting the bout while knowing Rawlings couldn’t cut any further.

Bec Rawlings“Earlier this year, I was finally diagnosed with Secondary Hypothyroidism after struggling with my weight and energy for so long and to add to that my hormones, cortisol and everything that fires this beast of a body has taken a hit from these nasty weight cuts to 115,” Rawlings wrote.

“Today I pushed my body to its absolute limits to try (to) hit 116 and my body failed me. I know people don’t exactly know what cutting weight entails and are quick to judge and talk (expletive), but I know I did everything in my power to make weight today. I’ve been calling for 125 for this reason, women’s bodies are not designed to cut extreme amounts of weight and I am not the only UFC fighter with these issues, we need more divisions.

“I’m still fighting, Tecia and her team ATT were very understanding and knew I couldn’t cut anymore and just want a good fight tomorrow night, which we will give.”

Earlier this year I was finally diagnosed with Secondary Hypothyroidism after struggling with my weight & energy for so…

? Rowdy Bec Rawlings ??? 2017?2?3?

Comments

UFC Fight Night 125: Machida vs. Anders Full Results & Live Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 125: Machida vs. Anders full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT on Saturday. read news >>

Given Additional Time, Eryk Anders Makes Weight for UFC Fight Night 125 Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Though he initially missed his mark, UFC Fight Night 125 main eventer Eryk Anders eventually made weight after an agreement allowed him additional time. read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 126 in Austin

We want your predictions for Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 126 event in the Lone Star State. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 126: Cerrone vs. Medeiros Full Results and Live Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 126: Cerrone vs. Medeiros full live results and fight stats. First bout is slated to begin on Sunday at 6 pm ET. read news >>

Oskar Piechota vs. Tim Williams official for UFC Fight Night 126 in Austin

The UFC’s return to Texas this weekend has one more bout that has made its way to official status. read news >>

John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz Rescheduled for UFC 222 | MMAWeekly.com

If at first you don’t succeed… Following a cancelled fight this past weekend at UFC Fight Night in Brazil, John Dodson and Pedro Munhoz have been rescheduled to meet at UFC 222 in Las Vegas on March read news >>

Aljamain Sterling vs. Brett Johns set for UFC Fight Night 128 in Atlantic City

April’s UFC event in New Jersey has a new bout, and it includes a contender from the region. read news >>

Derrick Lewis, Curtis Millender Take Home Bonuses for Spectacular KO's at UFC in Austin | MMAWeekly.com

A pair of jaw-rattling knockouts led the bonuses for UFC Fight Night in Austin on Sunday night. Derrick Lewis pulled off his ninth UFC knockout as he flattened Marcin Tybura in the third round of the read news >>

Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Luan Chagas first bout set for UFC Fight Night 128 in Atlantic City

The UFC’s return to Atlantic City in April has its first fight: a welterweight matchup between Siyar Bahadurzada and Luan Chagas. read news >>

UFC returns to Atlantic City on April 21 for UFC Fight Night 128

UFC officials today revealed the octagon will return to New Jersey on April 21, with Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall serving as host. read news >>