#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #UFC 215 #Jon Jones

Barb Honchack Invicta FCCurrently riding a five-fight winning streak, women’s MMA up-and-comer Barb “Little Warrior” Honchak is quickly establishing herself as someone to reckoned with in Invicta FC’s 125-pound division.

Proof positive of this was her second-round TKO victory over Bethany Marshall in July.

“I was pretty happy with the way that fight went,” said Honchak. “It was my first fight that I had been training with MFS (Miletich Fighting Systems) in Iowa, and I had a lot of stuff going on in my life, a lot of changes and new management, so I definitely felt pressure going into that fight to perform well and I really feel like I did well.

“I felt stronger, I felt my positioning was better and overall I felt pretty dominant in that fight.”

Honchak says there’s not one thing that has led to her winning streak, but just her attitude in training that’s made the difference.

“I don’t think there’s one particular thing that’s made me successful over the past couple of years, I just train as hard as I possibly train and whether it’s a win or loss, after a fight I go back and study up on where I was weak or most vulnerable fights and find the mistakes and try to fix them,” she said.

“I think that is the key to my success, trying to fix my problems so it doesn’t happen again. I know other girls are watching those videos and see what happens in those fights, so I try to fix all the problems I’ve had in my previous fights.”

To run her streak to six, Honchak will face possibly her toughest challenge yet in Aisling Daley on Saturday night.

“I’ve been watching her for a long time and I imagine she’s been paying attention to me too, so I feel this fight is a long time in the making,” said Honchak. “I think we’re both well-rounded and have similar styles; I think we’re strong in the same areas. It’s going to be one of those fights where we go in and see where it goes.

“I think I have a little edge over her anywhere. I feel like I’m pretty strong in my stand-up, ground and grappling, so I feel anywhere the fight goes I’ll have the ability to handle her. No doubt it’s going to be very tough because she’s a great fighter, but I feel like I have a little bit more everywhere.”

With Invicta introducing championships at Friday’s event, a victory could put Honchak in prime position for a title shot.

“They have mentioned a 125-pound belt and I do hope I’m a contender,” she said. “I think a win in this fight could definitely put me in that spot.

“There are a lot of really good, talented fighters in the weight class in Invicta like Tara LaRosa and Vanessa Porto who will also be fighting Saturday night, and I think the winner of that fight could be a contender for the title as well.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Invicta FC news and updates.

Comments

Meet 'The Ultimate Fighter 26' cast: Ex-Invicta FC champ Barb Honchak, who's been M.I.A. since 2014

A former Invicta FC champion, 38-year-old Barb Honchak is back and looks to make history in the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Invicta FC 25 Fight Highlights: Yana Kunitskaya and Livia Renata Souza Score Big Wins | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the full Invicta FC 25: Kunitskaya vs. Pa'aluhi fight highlights and post-show wrap-up. read news >>

On the bright side, Raquel Pa'aluhi got her black belt after Invicta FC 25

Raquel Pa’aluhi came up short in Thursday’s Invicta FC 25 championship main event, but she left with a new belt.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Will Yana Kunitskaya Chase Tonya Evinger to the UFC? | MMAWeekly.com

Newly crowned Invicta FC bantamweight champion Yana Kunitskaya won the previously vacant title on Aug. 31 by defeating Raquel Pa'aluhi. read news >>

Michael Johnson Dropping to Featherweight, Wants to Face Jose Aldo | MMAWeekly.com

Ninth-ranked lightweight Michael Johnson wants to drop down to the featherweight division to take on 'new face,' and wants to fight former champion Jose Aldo. read news >>

Karolina Kowalkiewicz meets 6-time Invicta FC vet Jodie Esquibel at UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

Polish strawweight contender Karolina Kowalkiewicz returns home for next month’s UFC Fight Night 118 event, where she’ll take on six-time Invicta FC veteran Jodie Esquibel.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215's Ilir Latifi not ready to judge Jon Jones during turbulent time for 205-pound division

Regardless of what happens with Jon Jones, Ilir Latifi believes the UFC light heavyweight division will thrive.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Amanda Nunes: 'I Must Finish Valentina Shevchenko' | MMAWeekly.com

Women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes is ready to make another statement to the division versus challenger Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 215. read news >>

UFC 215 results: Alex White picks apart, devastates Mitch Clarke on the feet

In his second fight in the UFC’s lightweight division, former featherweight Alex White shined, dominating Mitch Clarke on the feet en route to a second-round stoppage.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos Walks Through Neil Magny (UFC 215 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos moved up to the welterweight division for his last fight after suffering back-to-back losses in the 155-pound division. He defeated Tarec Saffiedine in Ju read news >>