Barb Honchack Invicta FCCurrently riding a five-fight winning streak, women’s MMA up-and-comer Barb “Little Warrior” Honchak is quickly establishing herself as someone to reckoned with in Invicta FC’s 125-pound division.

Proof positive of this was her second-round TKO victory over Bethany Marshall in July.

“I was pretty happy with the way that fight went,” said Honchak. “It was my first fight that I had been training with MFS (Miletich Fighting Systems) in Iowa, and I had a lot of stuff going on in my life, a lot of changes and new management, so I definitely felt pressure going into that fight to perform well and I really feel like I did well.

“I felt stronger, I felt my positioning was better and overall I felt pretty dominant in that fight.”

Honchak says there’s not one thing that has led to her winning streak, but just her attitude in training that’s made the difference.

“I don’t think there’s one particular thing that’s made me successful over the past couple of years, I just train as hard as I possibly train and whether it’s a win or loss, after a fight I go back and study up on where I was weak or most vulnerable fights and find the mistakes and try to fix them,” she said.

“I think that is the key to my success, trying to fix my problems so it doesn’t happen again. I know other girls are watching those videos and see what happens in those fights, so I try to fix all the problems I’ve had in my previous fights.”

To run her streak to six, Honchak will face possibly her toughest challenge yet in Aisling Daley on Saturday night.

“I’ve been watching her for a long time and I imagine she’s been paying attention to me too, so I feel this fight is a long time in the making,” said Honchak. “I think we’re both well-rounded and have similar styles; I think we’re strong in the same areas. It’s going to be one of those fights where we go in and see where it goes.

“I think I have a little edge over her anywhere. I feel like I’m pretty strong in my stand-up, ground and grappling, so I feel anywhere the fight goes I’ll have the ability to handle her. No doubt it’s going to be very tough because she’s a great fighter, but I feel like I have a little bit more everywhere.”

With Invicta introducing championships at Friday’s event, a victory could put Honchak in prime position for a title shot.

“They have mentioned a 125-pound belt and I do hope I’m a contender,” she said. “I think a win in this fight could definitely put me in that spot.

“There are a lot of really good, talented fighters in the weight class in Invicta like Tara LaRosa and Vanessa Porto who will also be fighting Saturday night, and I think the winner of that fight could be a contender for the title as well.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Invicta FC news and updates.

Former UFC title challenger Bethe Correia: 'I feel I'm better than any girl in the bantamweight division'

Onetime title challenger Bethe Correia wants to knock out Marion Reneau in Fortaleza and then face whomever will get her closer to a new shot at the belt: “Maybe Cat Zingano, that would be a great fi read news >>

Shannon Knapp Recaps Invicta FC 21, Reveals New Invicta Ventures for 2017 | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp recaps the promotion's recent event, and reveals new ventures for Invicta in boxing and grappling. read news >>

New division unleashed: Check out the 'UFC 208: Holm vs. De Randamie' extended preview

The UFC returns to New York for the third time in 14 weeks when it brings UFC 208 to Brooklyn next month. Check out the extended video preview for the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET): Unbeaten Invicta FC bantamweight Aspen Ladd

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guest Aspen Ladd.Filed under: News read news >>

New division, same Cowboy Cerrone

Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone has had a successful transition into the welterweight division. And he's still the same old Cowboy, looking to fight as often as possible. read news >>

Cerrone vs. Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

Donald Cerrone’s Cinderella march through the welterweight division encountered its first bit of adversity Saturday at UFC on Fox 23. Jorge Masvidal dashed Cerrone’s four-fight winning streak at 170 read news >>

Is the UFC's women's bantamweight division set for a return to nicer, bleaker days?

The next UFC women’s bantamweight title fight appears to be set, but as champion Amanda Nunes faced off with Valentina Shevchenko after UFC on FOX 23, one didn’t get the sense that we were looking at read news >>

Is Francis Ngannou the Next UFC Heavyweight Champion? (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Francis Ngannou has stormed into the UFC heavyweight division. Is he the next great UFC heavyweight champion? read news >>

Invicta FC bantamweight Aspen Ladd eyes UFC deal: 'If they call, I'm going'

After adding a fifth win to an undefeated pro run spent entirely in the Invicta FC cage, 21-year-old bantamweight Aspen Ladd says she is ready for the octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radi read news >>

Weighing the Options of Francis Ngannou | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC In mixed martial arts, the heavyweight division is loved for its thunderous, blink-and-miss-‘em knockouts. At the same time, however, the division is frequently criticiz read news >>