#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Volkan Oezdemir #Conor McGregor #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Jon Jones #Dynasty of Heroes #Nordine Taleb #Oliver Enkamp #Bojan Velickovic #Jack Hermansson

Legacy FC LogoWhile he may have seemed calm and collected entering his Legacy FC debut earlier this month, underneath it all, bantamweight prospect Patrick “Juggernaut” Ybarra was anything but.

“I don’t know if you saw it, but before the fight I was just walking and pacing and just scared about everything,” said Ybarra. “I was really nervous about TV, commentating by Pat Miletich and Michael Schiavello, and all that.”

Once the cage door closed and the bell rang, however, Ybarra’s nervousness went away.

“Once the bell rang and I felt I could strike with him everything was okay,” he said. “Once I settled down I was able to be relaxed and really enjoyed it.”

What resulted was the evening’s highlight moment as Ybarra submitted Billy Buch with a flying arm bar just under 90 seconds into the first round.

“The only reason why I really hit it was because I was thinking about it the night before,” said Ybarra. “I was thinking about doing it because I wanted to make an impression on TV and (Legacy) being my first big promotion.

“I set it up a basic way: I didn’t just swing right into it, I had his arm and his head and just hit it. I’m glad it went my way because if it didn’t, I would have been in a bad position.”

The win raised Ybarra’s record to 4-0 with all his victories being first-round armbar submissions, which in itself is interesting considering he comes from a system predominantly fostered by former UFC heavyweight champion and kickboxing legend Maurice Smith’s striking system.

“I really like to strike and I think I’m more of a striker than a grappler, but I’ll take a win however I can get it,” Ybarra told MMAWeekly.com. “My opponents haven’t been that good on the ground, so I’ve just taken it where I can get it.

“The way the fights have ended have just happened. I didn’t force them; the opportunities just opened up and I jumped on them.”

Ybarra’s highlight reel finish caught the attention of AXS TV’s Inside MMA. And since his segment on the show has aired, Ybarra has noticed a big change in his exposure level.

“I’ve heard a lot from the fans: whether it’s on my Facebook, Twitter or wherever I go, I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback,” he said. “People who watched me on Inside MMA come up to me saying ‘You’re that guy, you’re that guy.’ It’s pretty cool.

“I really enjoy talking with them and hearing what they have to say. It’s been a really good experience and hopefully it can continue.”

With fights lined up in March for Xtreme Combat Promotions and his Legacy return in May, Ybarra’s exposure is driving him to want to achieve more as he continues the year.

“It’s definitely a motivator,” he said. “I’m already a pretty self-motivated person, but this just makes me want to do it even more so to keep people talking and keep people wanting to see me.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Valerie Letourneau meets Emily Ducote in promotional debut at Bellator 181 on July 14

One of Bellator’s most recent notable signings will debut with the promotion this summer.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Nate Diaz, holding two bottles of wine, on a billboard? Nate Diaz, holding two bottles of wine, on a billboard

Nate Diaz said he had a lot going on outside of fighting during a recent headline-grabbing interview on “The MMA Hour.” However, that statement might have been more true than he let on.Filed under: F read news >>

Jared Gordon off Saturday's UFC 211 card due to 'food poison symptoms'

As has become a recent tradition, a UFC card has lost a fight on the eve of the event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Demian Maia entered UFC 211 with everything on the line. A loss would have crippled his chances at ever getting another UFC title shot, and he was facing a top-tier challenge against Jorge Masvidal a read news >>

Luke Rockhold to Dana White: 'Think Before You Run Your Mouth' | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold didn't take kindly to UFC president Dana White's recent comment that he "hasn't earned anything." He had a pointed response for White. read news >>

Video: Before UFC Fight Night 109 headliner, watch Glover Teixeira notch 20th straight win

Back in 2013, Glover Teixeira was riding a 19-fight winning streak as he entered his first UFC headliner. Check out the full fight.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

LFA 12 Results & Highlights: Derrick Krantz Scores Title Fight TKO | MMAWeekly.com

Former Legacy FC welterweight champion Derrick Krantz overwhelmed Ben Neumann with strikes to win by TKO and claim the inaugural LFA welterweight title. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Punching Angela Magana Incident Caught on Video | MMAWeekly.com

The recent altercation where Cris "Cyborg" Justino punched Angela Magana at the UFC Athlete Retreat in Las Vegas was caught on video. read news >>

Cris Cyborg May Be Facing Felony Charges; Angela Magana Intends to Sue | MMAWeekly.com

It appears the recent altercation between Cris Cyborg and Angela Magana will be resolved in a courtroom, as Magana intends to sue Cyborg. read news >>

UFC 212's Antonio Carlos Junior trusts his MMA evolution, believes he can beat anyone

Riding back-to-back octagon wins for the first time, “TUF Brazil: 3” winner Antonio Carlos Junior is confident on his skills and strategy ahead of UFC 212 encounter with Eric Spicely.Filed under: New read news >>