Former UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn lost his belt to challenger Frankie Edgar last weekend at “UFC 112: Invincible” in Abu Dhabi via controversial unanimous decision. “The Prodigy” took a moment away from discussing that bout, and the apparent rematch that is rumored to follow it, to talk to Washington D.C. radio station 106.7 The Fan about fellow UFC 112 main-eventer and pound for pound great Anderson Silva’s highly debated controversial performance against Demian Maia.

“Honestly for me, I didn’t get to see the fight because it was right after me and Frankie fought,” said Penn. “From what I understand though, I heard Anderson really wanted to fight Vitor Belfort. But then on the other hand, I know he’s got a job to do and he’s gotta go out and destroy his opponent. Then on Dana’s side I can see him being upset because he’s trying to move into this new market and everyone is booing his main event and this and that. I’m just glad I’m not involved with that and I’m just glad I got to sit on the side and watch. I really got nothing to say about Anderson. He’s defended the title six times and I’ve yet to do an accomplishment like that and I really have no grounds to speak on that.”

Penn has been vocal in his admiration of Silva and has said that he feels that “The Spider” is one of the very best fighters in the world. The fact that the two pound for pound greats were sharing a spot on the same card lead many to believe that UFC 112 would be one of the best fight cards that the promotion had ever brought to fans. Unfortunately, UFC 112 will forever be marred by Silva’s manic performance and Penn’s controversial defeat; a defeat that “The Prodigy” feels drops his status as one of the pound for pound best.

“After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, I’m not on that list anymore,” said Penn “It’s gotta be Fedor [Emelianenko]. He finishes his guy and how can I argue against him?”

It seems very likely that Penn will soon have a chance to rematch Edgar and to place himself back in the pound for pound debate; a fact that likely leaves contenders Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard crestfallen.

Ex-UFC-champ Anderson Silva talks dreams of action movie stardom, Netflix show, Hollywood auditions

RIO DE JANEIRO – After breaking records and establishing himself as one of the biggest MMA fighters of all time, Anderson is actively pursuing other types of stardom.Filed under: Featured Videos, New read news >>

Former UFC champ Anderson Silva: 'It's not important how many fights I've lost'

Anderson Silva, the former longtime UFC champion who many consider to be the greatest UFC fighter of all time, hasn’t officially won a fight in more than four years. He claims that doesn’t bother him read news >>

Anderson Silva Says Fighters Union is 'Important, This is the Future' (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former champion Anderson Silva talks about his dream of boxing Roy Jones Jr., the importance of a fighters' union, and his passion for mixed martial arts. read news >>

Anderson Silva Overcome by Emotion in UFC 208 Octagon Interview (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Anderson Silva, overcome with emotion, talks with commentator Joe Rogan in the Octagon after his victory over Derek Brunson at UFC 208 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC 208: Anderson Silva May Be 'Too Old,' but Being the GOAT Has Its Privileges

Being Anderson Silva certainly has its privileges. Silva leaned heavily on those privileges at Saturday's UFC 208, coasting through a monotonous three-round fight against the overawed Derek Brunson e read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 98.5 – Brooklyn: UFC 208 wrap-up featuring Anderson Silva, Holly Holm and Wilson

Episode No. 98.5 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring Anderson Silva, Holly Holm and Wilson Reis, is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208 reaction: What to make of Anderson Silva's win

UFC.com’s Matt Parrino and NESN.com’s Andre Khatchaturian break down what happened in the Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson fight at UFC 208. Also, the two talk about Jacare Souza’s big win and what a read news >>

Derek Brunson Looking to Make a Name for Himself Off of Anderson Silva's (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

One of the greatest pound-for-pound fighters of all time Anderson Silva takes on eighth-ranked middleweight Derek Brunson in the co-main event of UFC 208. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Anderson Silva's controversial victory over Derek Brunson at UFC 208

Anderson Silva’s more than four-year winless skid came to an end Saturday when he defeated Derek Brunson in Saturday’s UFC 208 co-main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 208

UFC 208 officially turned back the clocks with a win for Anderson "The Spider" Silva over Derek Brunson via unanimous decision in Saturday night's co-main event. MMAjunkie tweeted the official scorec read news >>