#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Nate Diaz #Luke Rockhold #Jon Jones #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #Michael Bisping #UFC 215

Travis Wiuff at Pride 33Having suffered three straight losses for the first time in his career since 2006, former UFC and Bellator fighter Travis “Diesel” Wiuff finds himself at a bit of a crossroads.

According to Wiuff, his recent losing streak isn’t something to be too concerned about and is something he can rebound off of.

“Two of the last three opponents have been southpaws, and throughout my whole career I’ve never done well against southpaws,” he said. “It’s just a mental thing where I don’t fight well against them. The one in between them was the one in Abu Dhabi and I got screwed on that one – I clearly dominated and won the fight – but the judges for some reason saw it another way.

“I’ll keep plugging away. I know what I need to do to be successful. I need to just get back to moving forward and creating pressure. I know if I can fight like that, I can be successful still.”

Wiuff will get a chance to get back on the winning track this Friday when he takes on Mike Kyle in a rematch of their 2010 KOTC fight. This time, the two square off at CFA 11 in Coral Gables, Fla., and live on AXS TV.

In their first bout, Wiuff was knocked out following a punch that landed thrown by Kyle after the bell to end round two. According to Wiuff, he feels it was accidental and there’s no hard feelings going into this rematch.

“It wasn’t intentional,” said Wiuff. “The uppercut landed and knocked me out and the ref stopped the fight. Later on it was ruled a no contest because it landed after the bell, but it wasn’t done intentionally.

“I spoke to him before the fight and after the fight, and there’s definitely no bad blood. He invited me to come train with him out at AKA in California. I think Mike gets a bad rap because of what happened in the past, but there’s definitely no bad blood (between us).”

As for the rematch, Wiuff told MMAWeekly.com that the strategy both he and Kyle will bring to the bout will be nothing new or surprising to anyone who has seen either of them fight before.

“There’s no secret,” said Wiuff. “I’ve got to move forward, create pressure and not get hit. Obviously Mike is going to try keep it standing and knock me out. I don’t think there’s a secret to either one of our games. It’s down to who can accomplish that in 15 minutes.”

At this stage in his career, Wiuff knows that he might not be headed back to the bigger stages of MMA, but that won’t deter him from continuing to fight.

“I have no grand illusions,” he said. “I’m a very self-aware and am honest with myself. The UFC doesn’t want guy who is 35 years old, has had 90 fights and is coming off a three-fight losing streak. Getting back to the UFC is probably not going to happen. They’re looking for guys who are 8-0 with six knockouts, two submissions, and is 24 years old.

“I’ve had a decent run. I’ve been successful. I’ve had runs in the UFC and Bellator and that’s been the highlight of my career. Right now I’m taking fights that are meaningful to me and I’m not really looking any further than that.”

Comments

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Kevin Lee: Conor McGregor is a Paper UFC Lightweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Kevin Lee fights for the interim lightweight title against Tony Ferguson at UFC 216 and says the bout will crown the real lightweight champion. read news >>

UFC 215 lineup set with 2 title fights in Edmonton, including Demetrious Johnson's quest for record

The lineup is set for the UFC’s return trip to Canada next month, including a pair of title fights at the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Paige VanZant: 'I've Passed Out in My Bathroom' Cutting Weight for UFC Fights

Paige VanZant has always inhabited a somewhat strange place in the UFC. Part company spokesmodel, part fringe strawweight contender, she walks a tightrope between in-cage legitimacy and out-of-the-ca read news >>

UFC 215 Johnson vs. Borg Full Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

Take a closer look at the two world title fights headlining UFC 215 on Saturday at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. read news >>

UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2 live results

Who were the winners at UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2 live results? Click below to get the results for all the fights at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Canada on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. read news >>

Lopez completes destiny with UFC contract

Benito Lopez fought the fight of his life on Aug. 22, but even with that gritty 3-round split decision on the 8th week of the Contender Series, Lopez didn’t know if it was enough to earn a UFC contra read news >>

Joby Sanchez Has Fought His Way Back To The UFC | MMAWeekly.com

After being released from the UFC following The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale in late 2015, flyweight Joby Sanchez has fought his way back to the organization. read news >>

Super Six Fights - Amanda Nunes

The sports world will be watching on Saturday when UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes defends her title for the second time against rival Valentina Shevchenko in the main event of UFC 215 read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116 Preview: 3 Fights You Can't Miss in Pittsburgh

Credit where it's due: Luke Rockhold knows how to nurse a wound. It was well over a year ago that Rockhold lost his UFC middleweight title to Michael Bisping. Despite being a massive favorite in his read news >>