#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Rizin 7 #Nick Diaz #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Quinton Jackson #Michael Bisping

Antonio Banuelos vs Scott Jorgensen WEC 41After an up-and-down year in 2011, Antonio Banuelos is finally set to return to action this month after having not fought since last December.

“I’ve just been training and trying to get a fight at 125 pounds,” said Banuelos. “It’s tough trying to get a fight on these smaller shows. I’ve been training my butt off, on a real strict diet, and I’m ready to go and rock and roll on Sept. 14.”

During his time off, Banuelos told MMAWeekly.com that he, “Worked on my strength and conditioning a lot. I’ve been focusing a lot on my wrestling and foot work because I want to get back to that, (and now) I’m feeling more well-rounded in everything; my striking, wrestling and jits work.”

People around Banuelos felt he might have been holding back at 135 pounds, but he says there is a good reason for that. And now that he’s moved down in weight, he should be much more explosive.

“My trainers and a couple of guys said (I was holding back), but I was fighting quality guys and you just can’t rush in there and try certain things,” he said. “But that was because I was a lot smaller than those guys and I was worried about being taken down, so hopefully at 125 I’ll be a big, strong guy and I can go out and do what I want to do.

“For my upcoming fights at 125, I just want to press it, just redline it, and just go out there and fight at the pace I want to fight,” he said. “When I go out and I’m doing what I do best, doing my thing, I can’t be stopped.”

Banuelos’ first fight at flyweight will come on Sept. 14 when he takes on Joshua Sampo at Legacy FC 14 in Houston, broadcast live on AXS TV.

While he does some strategizing for his individual opponents, Banuelos feels he’s at his best when he’s making the other fighter have to react to him.

“Pretty much for every fight I know their style, but what I want to do is push my pace and push my style,” said Banuelos. “I’m going to push the pace and keep it where I like it; on my feet with my hands moving and try to stay off my back.”

Having always faced the toughest competition in his weight class at any given time, Banuelos intends to keep doing the same and feels like now, not later, is the right time for him to make his move.

“I’m not here to fight nobodies,” he said. “I just want to go out and be the best, and to do that you’ve got to go out and fight the top guys, and that’s what I want to do.

“I want to make my run right now. Moving down to 125 is the start of it. Once I get this going, I’m just going to push it from there.”

Comments

Rankings: Rockhold, Hall, Usman & Perry Rise

In this week's official UFC rankings release, Luke Rockhold and Uriah Hall are making moves in the middleweight division. Plus, Kamaru Usman and Mike Perry are on the rise at welterweight. read news >>

Demtrious Johnson Roasts Kevin Lee on Making Weight: 'I Had Oreos!' | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of Karyn Bryant) UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and interim lightweight title contender Kevin Lee were in Los Angeles on Monday for a media luncheon to promote their respective f read news >>

Conor McGregor Could Address US Congress over MMA Fighters' Rights

After making his boxing debut, UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor may appear before the United States Congress in an effort to expand the protection of rights afforded to mixed martial arts figh read news >>

Cub Swanson: Brian Ortega 'ain't making a name off of me' at UFC Fight Night 123

Cub Swanson, on the last fight of his UFC contract, vows not to be a stepping stone for red-hot Brian Ortega at UFC Fight Night 123.Filed under: Featured, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Offers Glory Kickboxing 46 Free, Featuring Bigfoot Silva vs. Rico Verhoeven | MMAWeekly.com

UFC is making Glory Kickboxing 46, featuring Bigfoot Silva vs. Rico Verhoeven, free to everyone on Saturday, Oct. 14. read news >>

'TUF 25' winner Jesse Taylor accepts 1-year suspension for clomiphene

UFC anti-doping partner USADA today announced Jesse Taylor has accepted a one-year suspension after an out-of-competition drug test found clomiphene in his system.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Robbie Lawler-Rafael dos Anjos winner gets next shot at champ Tyron Woodley

The recently UFC on FOX 26 main event between Robbie Lawler and Rafael dos Anjos is a title-eliminator in the welterweight division. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping walks back retirement talk ahead of UFC 217 title defense

Despite previously stating otherwise, UFC champion Michael Bisping now says he won’t retire after UFC 217.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Georges St-Pierre, Michael Bisping Involved in Confrontation After UFC 217 Media

Georges St-Pierre confronted Michael Bisping during a heated face off at a media commitments for UFC 217. Per TMZ, St-Pierre warned the champion to keep his distance, as Bisping got too close in Toro read news >>

Tony Ferguson (or Tony Montana) – UFC champ Conor McGregor breaks silence on Twitter

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor finally has spoken up, and it looks like he’s accepted a fight with Tony Ferguson.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>