#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Conor McGregor #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Anthony Pettis has accomplished a lot during his time as a member of the Roufusport team.

The 25-year-old known as “Showtime” rose to prominence in the now-defunct World Extreme Cagefighting organization, capturing the imagination of millions with his highlight reel, off-the-cage kick against Benson Henderson at the promotion’s final event in 2010 (“Anthony Pettis Superkick” is at 3.7 million YouTube hits and counting). Since the WEC folded into the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 2011, Pettis has continued to establish himself as a lightweight to watch, notching triumphs against Jeremy Stephens and Joe Lauzon in his last two Octagon outings.

Now, with a long-rumored 155-pound title eliminator bout against Donald Cerrone potentially looming, Pettis is taking another significant step in his career: He has become a part owner of Roufusport alongside head coach Duke Roufus and general manager Scott Joffe.

In addition to ownership duties at the respected Milwaukee gym, Pettis will also collaborate with Roufus and Joffe in running the North American Fighting Championships (NAFC) promotion and in the launch of an MMA themed television program, “WI MMA Today,” which will air regionally in Wisconsin beginning Nov. 10.

“For me to become part owner of the gym that started my career in the UFC means the world to me,” Pettis said in a release. “I get to give other fighters the opportunity that Duke's gym gave me. I'm sure there will be a lot of new responsibilities, but I've been running gyms since the age of 16, so it will be nothing new. I’m looking forward to new challenges, including the television show. I would like to thank Duke Roufus and Scott Joffe for the opportunity, and my family and friends for supporting me while I achieve my goals.”

Pettis has not competed since his first-round knockout of Lauzon at UFC 144 in February. While a bout with Cerrone has not yet been made official, several outlets have reported that the confrontation could take place sometime in early 2013.

Galleries

Anthony Pettis Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Meet 'The Ultimate Fighter 26' cast: Nicco Montano, the daughter of a boxer trying to make it

Get to know ‘TUF 26’ cast member Nicco Montano.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Glenn Robinsons' JACO gym seeks court order against former Blackzillians coach Henri Hooft

Glenn Robinson, owner of Authentic Sports Management and JACO Hybrid Training Center, alleges MMA coach Henri Hooft is violating a non-compete agreement. read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Dustin Poirier official as UFC Fight Night 120 headliner

A lightweight showdown between Anthony Pettis and Dustin Poirier is on for UFC-Norfolk in November.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Dustin Poirier Headlines UFC Fight Night 120 | MMAWeekly.com

Former lightweight champion Anthony "Showtime" Pettis faces No. 8 ranked Dustin Poirier in the UFC Fight Night 120 main event on November 11. UFC officials announced the headlining bout for the Norfo read news >>

Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis Announced as UFC Virginia Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

Though it has been expected for quite some time, Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis on Wednesday was officially named the UFC Fight Night 120 main event. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 26 - Episode 4 Preview

In tonight’s episode, No. 3 overall seed and longtime UFC bantamweight Lauren Murphy will look to keep that trend alive as she takes on No. 14 seed Nicco Montano, who enters the competition with a 3- read news >>

Thunder Seven - Defining Yushin Okami

At UFC RIO on August 27th, history could be made as Yushin Okami faces longtime middleweight king Anderson Silva in an opportunity to become the first Japanese champion in UFC history. read news >>