Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

UFC Denver: Shevchenko vs. Pena Weigh-in Replay | MMAWeekly.com

The 24 fighters competing on Saturday's UFC on Fox 23 fight card weighed in on Friday in Denver, Colorado. See how the fighters looked on the scales. read news >>

Video replay: UFC on FOX 23 fighter weigh-ins in Denver

DENVER – Check out a video replay of today’s ceremonial UFC on FOX 23 fighter weigh-ins.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronaldo Souza calls Bisping's title reign a 'disaster,' sees rematch with Romero next

RIO DE JANEIRO – UFC middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza has come to terms with the fact that a stab at the belt might not be immediately next for him. But that doesn’t mean he’d be OK with friend a read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 ceremonial weigh-in video, photos: Fighters get nose to nose in Denver

DENVER – The ceremonial weigh-ins are complete for the UFC’s return to Denver, the city that hosted the promotion’s first event more than 23 years ago.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Anderson Silva Would Like Michael Bisping Rematch | MMAWeekly.com

Anderson Silva is slated to return opposite Derek Brunson at UFC 208, but he'd really like to get another fight with Michael Bisping. read news >>

Ex-UFC-champ Anderson Silva talks dreams of action movie stardom, Netflix show, Hollywood auditions

RIO DE JANEIRO – After breaking records and establishing himself as one of the biggest MMA fighters of all time, Anderson is actively pursuing other types of stardom.Filed under: Featured Videos, New read news >>

UFC on FOX: Cerrone and Masvidal Are Elite Welterweights That Were Lost at 155

At any point in their respective careers, people would have been happy to see Donald Cerrone and Jorge Masvidal square off. They’re two of the more aggressive action fighters in the game, wild men of read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)

DENVER – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC on FOX 23 event, and you can join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT).Filed under: News read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 discussion thread

DENVER – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event at Pepsi Center in Denver, which kicks off at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT). You can discuss the event here.Filed under: read news >>

Video: Watch UFC on FOX 23's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

DENVER – UFC on FOX 23 takes place today at Pepsi Center in Denver. As usual, you can watch a live video stream of the post-event press conference here on MMAjunkie at approximately 10:15 p.m. ET (8: read news >>