#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Volkan Oezdemir #Conor McGregor #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Jon Jones #Dynasty of Heroes #Nordine Taleb #Bojan Velickovic #Oliver Enkamp #Nicholas Musoke

Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

Anthony Pettis Returns to Lightweight, Takes on Jim Miller at UFC 213 | MMAWeekly.com

After a stint in the featherweight division, former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis will return to the 155-pound weight class to take on Jim Miller at UFC 213. read news >>

Ex-champion Anthony Pettis to make lightweight return at UFC 213 vs. Jim Miller

After two fights at 145 pounds, Anthony Pettis is headed back to the weight class he used to rule.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to UFC's announcement of new women's flyweight division

Check out the top Twitter reactions to news of the UFC’s newest division, women’s flyweights, being added later this year.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Announces TUF 26 Will Crown Women's Flyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

A new division will be created and a new champion will emerge from the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. read news >>

John Castaneda 'Not Going to Accept Defeat' Against UFC Vet Chris Beal at Combate Americas 14 | MMAWeekly.com

John Castaneda (12-2) will have his first bout of 2017 when he takes on former UFC vet Chris Beal (10-4) in a 135-pound bout at Combate Americas 14 on Friday. read news >>

UFC Confirms Fabricio Werdum vs. Alistair Overeem and Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone | MMAWeekly.com

Neither fight cam a surprise, but the UFC on Wednesday confirmed two marquee bouts for its UFC 213 fight card slated for International Fight Week. read news >>

Episode No. 3 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption'

Check out the full results for Episode No. 3 of “The Ultimate Fighter 25: Redemption.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White says UFC women's flyweight division not finalized, despite announcement

Hours after the announcement, UFC President Dana White said nothing is official regarding a new women’s 125-pound weight class.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz Could Be Done Fighting in UFC, Dana White Says

UFC President Dana White isn't sure if Nate Diaz will ever fight again. "If they want to fight next week or if they never want to fight again, that's up to them," he said when talking about Diaz and read news >>

Report: Chris Wade meets Frankie Perez in Ring of Combat rematch at UFC on FOX 25

The UFC’s debut event on Long Island this summer has another fight featuring a local – and it’ll be a rematch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>