Photo by Al Powers/Zuffa LLC.

Andy Ogle was perhaps the unluckiest fighter in this year’s The Ultimate Fighter Live series with the U.K. fighter not being medically cleared to fight on the finale show after suffering a knockout loss in the semifinals.

After UFC president Dana White broke the news, Ogle was quick to ask if he could compete on the UFC on Fuel TV 5 card scheduled for Nottingham, England, on Sept. 29, with White granting him his request.

“Everything happens for a reason. I feel very fortunate right now,” Ogle told MMAWeekly.com.

“Dana is a man of his word, so I knew I’d get a fight. I just felt wounded at the time though. My team was going to war without me.”

His opponent on Saturday is Swedish fighter Akira Corassani, who is also a TUF alum making his UFC debut.

“I trained for Akira like I would for any other man… as if he is Superman,” Ogle revealed.

“When the cage door closes, we could be anywhere. It won’t make any difference. I’m glad I get a fight on home soil and don’t have to travel, but if the UFC asked me to fight on the moon, I’d ask them what’s the date and who.”

With TUF The Smashes currently airing on TV in Australia and the U.K., some of Ogle’s fellow countrymen are taking part in the series. The North East based fighter described his time in the TUF Live house as “tough,” but he’d do it again.

“I watched the first episode and loved it,” Ogle said. “I’m just gutted for Michael Pastou (who tore his bicep). I feel his pain because I know how far he had to go to even get in the house in the first place.”

Although Ogle is fighting only 2-3 hours from his home in Tynemouth, the 23-year-old is treating it as any other fight week and has set up base in Nottingham.

“We came here on Tuesday like every other fighter that is coming from afar. The hard work has been done, it’s now just time to make weight and then fight.”

(Follow @AndrewPMMA on Twitter)

Felice Herrig hopes UFC 'does the right thing' and gives her VanZant or Waterson

HOUSTON – The way UFC women’s strawweight Felice Herrig sees the situation, the promotion kind of owes her one when it comes to her next fight. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White: 'Cris Cyborg's USADA Case Looking Good for Her' | MMAWeekly.com

According to UFC president Dana White, Cris "Cyborg" Justino's anti-doping situation with USADA is looking good for the Brazilian. read news >>

Demian Maia addresses Jorge Masvidal situation, explains why it's still UFC title shot or bust

On a lengthy Facebook post, contender Demian Maia addressed Jorge Masvidal’s comments and again made his case as to why he deserves to be the next title challenger for the UFC welterweight belt.Filed read news >>

Manager says Gegard Mousasi's UFC 210 bout not in jeopardy, but UFC monitoring situation

Gegard Mousasi’s manager is confident the UFC middleweight won’t be kept from fighting ex-champ Chris Weidman at UFC 210. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105's Sam Sicilia loves his 'awesome situation' in another foreign country

• 48 minutes ago

HALIFAX – Another foreign city, another hometown favorite for UFC featherweight Sam Sicilia, who fights octagon newcomer Gavin Tucker at UFC Fight Night 105.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, V read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie Rankings, Jan. 31: Shevchenko-Pena flip-flop, Masvidal makes big leap

This past Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event in Denver saw some shifts in the balance of a couple divisions. Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rankings, News, UFC, WSOF read news >>

Raphael Assuncao: 'I Just Want to Get Back to the Top' | MMAWeekly.com

Raphael Assuncao talks about his UFC on FOX 23 victory over Aljamain Sterling and trying to get back to the top of the bantamweight division. read news >>

The Complete Guide to UFC Fight Night 104: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie

Fan-favorite Chan Sung Jung, the Korean Zombie, finally makes his long-awaited return to the Octagon after three years away due to injuries and a two-year stint in the South Korean military. He takes read news >>

Conor McGregor: 'I'm Still the Two-Weight World Champ' | MMAWeekly.com

Though the UFC has moved on, its first dual-division champion, Conor McGregor, hasn't. He claims he is still a two-division champion. read news >>