#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Javy Ayala

Photo by Al Powers/Zuffa LLC.

Andy Ogle was perhaps the unluckiest fighter in this year’s The Ultimate Fighter Live series with the U.K. fighter not being medically cleared to fight on the finale show after suffering a knockout loss in the semifinals.

After UFC president Dana White broke the news, Ogle was quick to ask if he could compete on the UFC on Fuel TV 5 card scheduled for Nottingham, England, on Sept. 29, with White granting him his request.

“Everything happens for a reason. I feel very fortunate right now,” Ogle told MMAWeekly.com.

“Dana is a man of his word, so I knew I’d get a fight. I just felt wounded at the time though. My team was going to war without me.”

His opponent on Saturday is Swedish fighter Akira Corassani, who is also a TUF alum making his UFC debut.

“I trained for Akira like I would for any other man… as if he is Superman,” Ogle revealed.

“When the cage door closes, we could be anywhere. It won’t make any difference. I’m glad I get a fight on home soil and don’t have to travel, but if the UFC asked me to fight on the moon, I’d ask them what’s the date and who.”

With TUF The Smashes currently airing on TV in Australia and the U.K., some of Ogle’s fellow countrymen are taking part in the series. The North East based fighter described his time in the TUF Live house as “tough,” but he’d do it again.

“I watched the first episode and loved it,” Ogle said. “I’m just gutted for Michael Pastou (who tore his bicep). I feel his pain because I know how far he had to go to even get in the house in the first place.”

Although Ogle is fighting only 2-3 hours from his home in Tynemouth, the 23-year-old is treating it as any other fight week and has set up base in Nottingham.

“We came here on Tuesday like every other fighter that is coming from afar. The hard work has been done, it’s now just time to make weight and then fight.”

(Follow @AndrewPMMA on Twitter)

Comments

CSAC executive director: UFC champ Jon Jones situation 'doesn't make any sense'

Why would Jon Jones fail a pre-fight drug test that he knew about while passing two surprise tests weeks earlier? Could a tainted supplement really be to blame, or did he take one thing thinking it w read news >>

Why UFC-Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith views Hector Lombard fight as 'no-win situation'

Anthony Smith thinks Hector Lombard is the most recognizable name he’s ever faced, but it’s still not the fight he wanted: “His reputation is far greater than he is right now.”Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion. The UFC has officially stripped Jon Jones of the title after his fight against Cormier was overturned to a no contest by the Californi read news >>

Jon Jones stripped, Daniel Cormier reinstated as champion after UFC 214 result overturned

Daniel Cormier calls the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones and award the title back to him “the right thing to do.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion

UFC spokesperson Lenee Breckenridge confirmed to Marc Raimondi of MMA Fighting on Wednesday that Daniel Cormier has been reinstated as the UFC light heavyweight champion. Jon Jones defeated Cormier a read news >>

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg Fight Rebooked for UFC 216

Ray Borg will get a chance at Demetrious Johnson after all. The UFC announced Wednesday the two will fight at UFC 216 in Las Vegas on Oct. 7. This comes after Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting reported F read news >>

Favorites Continue to Advance on The Ultimate Fighter 26 | MMAWeekly.com

The quest to become the inaugural UFC women's flyweight champion continued on Wednesday when No. 6 seed Montana Stewart took out No. 11 seed Ariel Beck. read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Dustin Poirier official as UFC Fight Night 120 headliner

A lightweight showdown between Anthony Pettis and Dustin Poirier is on for UFC-Norfolk in November.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold Rips Georges St-Pierre for UFC Middleweight Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

A lot of people are looking forward to Michael Bisping fighting Georges St-Pierre. Luke Rockhold is not one of those people. read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Dustin Poirier Headlines UFC Fight Night 120 | MMAWeekly.com

Former lightweight champion Anthony "Showtime" Pettis faces No. 8 ranked Dustin Poirier in the UFC Fight Night 120 main event on November 11. UFC officials announced the headlining bout for the Norfo read news >>