#UFC on Fox 26 #Robbie Lawler #Rafael dos Anjos #Mike Perry #Santiago Ponzinibbio #Jared Cannonier #Bellator 191 #UFC 218 #Josh Emmett #Ricardo Lamas #Oluwale Bamgbose #Alessio Di Chirico #Glover Teixeira #Abel Trujillo #John Makdessi

In his second round TKO victory over Jordan Titoni to kick off his 2017 in February, featherweight prospect Andrew Tenneson was able to use lessons learned in a previous bout to come out on top.

Having faced Titoni’s teammate, Adam Martinez, in his previous win in February of 2016, Tenneson was ready for what his opponent was bringing to their fight and capitalized accordingly.

“I was able to plan a lot for (Titoni’s) style,” Tenneson told MMAWeekly.com. “I felt like he had a lot of same treats that they offered. I ended up finishing the fight the same way (as I did against Martinez): ending up on top in the second round with ground and pound.

“There wasn’t any specific game plan really, it was just about winning in the places that I thought he would want to take the fight, and I did that.”

Being a native of New Mexico, Tenneson has been able to experience his career with the help of Jackson-Wink MMA and learn from some of the best coaches and fighters in the sport.

“It’s really humbling,” said Tenneson. “I get to see people who are the top, who are going to be at the top, who were at the top and may be moving down.

“That wealth of experience and the people are coming from all over the world to follow the dream that alone is enough to keep me going. I feel that’s a big advantage I have over someone who comes from a smaller gym.”

Tenneson (5-1) will seek to pick up his third straight win when he makes his Legacy Fighting Alliance debut on Friday in Pueblo, Colo., against veteran Andrew Yates (9-2) in a main card 145-pound bout.

“Basically I have to try to dominate in every aspect of the game because I feel that I can and I feel that I should,” Tenneson said. “(Yates is) taller. He’s younger. I feel like he’s very talented who is a good wrestler with wins by submission and TKO. I’ve just got to bring it.

“I’m so intent on making a good impression and having a good, exciting fight for the fans. I’ve just got to be myself and do what I do.”

Moving forward, Tenneson isn’t quite sure what could be ahead for him in his MMA career, so he’s put his mind solely to Friday night and what he has to do to pick up a win against Yates.

“The fact that I started later than most fighters, I feel like everything is fight by fight,” said Tenneson. “I have this lifelong journey, but I have no idea what the possible end goal is.

“For me right now my life begins and ends with this fight. When this fight ends, I’ll have a new life and figure out what I’m going to do, but the idea now is that I’m completely focused on this fight.”

Comments

Chris Honeycutt Looking to Make Rafael Lovato Fight His Fight at Bellator 189 | MMAWeekly.com

With one win in his lone fight this year, Chris Honeycutt will look to at close out 2017 undefeated when he takes on Rafael Lovato Jr. at Bellator 189. read news >>

Alex Perez Wants to Make a Statement in UFC Debut | MMAWeekly.com

Alex Perez will make his promotional debut against Carls John de Tomas in a preliminary 125-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 123 on Saturday. read news >>

Frankie Edgar Targeting Spring to Challenge Max Holloway in UFC Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Frankie Edgar is targeting spring for his attempt to make UFC history. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Nearing Deal to Make Several Appearances in WWE | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey may finally be ready to test out a new career in professional wrestling. The former UFC women's bantamweight champion is nearing a deal to make several appearances for World Wrestling En read news >>

Cub Swanson and Brian Ortega Each Explain Why They'll Win (UFC Fresno Preview) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch as featherweight contenders Cub Swanson and Brian Ortega each explain why he's the one to win. read news >>

Stipe Miocic Defends Heavyweight Title Against Francis Ngannou in Main Event at UFC 220 | MMAWeekly.com

Miocic faces Ngannou in the headliner as the UFC returns to Boston read news >>

Demarques Jackson Thinks Titan FC 47 Win Will Put Him on the Radar of Big Promotions | MMAWeekly.com

Demarques Jackson (7-1) will look to cap off his year on a winning streak when he takes on Beibit Nazarov (14-2) in a main card lightweight bout at Titan FC 47. read news >>

UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 4 pm ET / 1 pm PT on Saturday, Dec. 16. read news >>

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos: UFC Road to the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

Go behind the scenes with Robbie Lawler and Rafael dos Anjos ahead of their UFC on FOX 26 showdown in "Road to the Octagon." read news >>

Ricardo Lamas vs. Josh Emmett: UFC Road to the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

Go behind the scenes with Ricardo Lamas and Josh Emmett ahead of their UFC on FOX 26 showdown in "Road to the Octagon." read news >>