#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Conor McGregor #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Tony Ferguson #Holloway vs. Edgar #UFC 223 #Rose Namajunas

Andrew Tenneson Looking to Make Good Impression in LFA Debut | MMAWeekly.com

In his second round TKO victory over Jordan Titoni to kick off his 2017 in February, featherweight prospect Andrew Tenneson was able to use lessons learned in a previous bout to come out on top.

Having faced Titoni’s teammate, Adam Martinez, in his previous win in February of 2016, Tenneson was ready for what his opponent was bringing to their fight and capitalized accordingly.

“I was able to plan a lot for (Titoni’s) style,” Tenneson told MMAWeekly.com. “I felt like he had a lot of same treats that they offered. I ended up finishing the fight the same way (as I did against Martinez): ending up on top in the second round with ground and pound.

“There wasn’t any specific game plan really, it was just about winning in the places that I thought he would want to take the fight, and I did that.”

Being a native of New Mexico, Tenneson has been able to experience his career with the help of Jackson-Wink MMA and learn from some of the best coaches and fighters in the sport.

“It’s really humbling,” said Tenneson. “I get to see people who are the top, who are going to be at the top, who were at the top and may be moving down.

“That wealth of experience and the people are coming from all over the world to follow the dream that alone is enough to keep me going. I feel that’s a big advantage I have over someone who comes from a smaller gym.”

Tenneson (5-1) will seek to pick up his third straight win when he makes his Legacy Fighting Alliance debut on Friday in Pueblo, Colo., against veteran Andrew Yates (9-2) in a main card 145-pound bout.

“Basically I have to try to dominate in every aspect of the game because I feel that I can and I feel that I should,” Tenneson said. “(Yates is) taller. He’s younger. I feel like he’s very talented who is a good wrestler with wins by submission and TKO. I’ve just got to bring it.

“I’m so intent on making a good impression and having a good, exciting fight for the fans. I’ve just got to be myself and do what I do.”

Moving forward, Tenneson isn’t quite sure what could be ahead for him in his MMA career, so he’s put his mind solely to Friday night and what he has to do to pick up a win against Yates.

“The fact that I started later than most fighters, I feel like everything is fight by fight,” said Tenneson. “I have this lifelong journey, but I have no idea what the possible end goal is.

“For me right now my life begins and ends with this fight. When this fight ends, I’ll have a new life and figure out what I’m going to do, but the idea now is that I’m completely focused on this fight.”

Mairbek Taisumov Out of UFC 223 Fight Against Evan Dunham | MMAWeekly.com

Mairbek Taisumov will have to wait for another card to make his return to action as the Russian lightweight has been pulled from his upcoming matchup against Evan Dunham at UFC 223. Taisumov has stru read news >>

Joe Rogan: Floyd Mayweather vs. CM Punk 'That's the Fight to Make' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC color commentator Joe Rogan is definitely on board for retired boxer Floyd Mayweather transitioning to mixed martial arts so long as he's fighting an opponent with a skill level relative to his o read news >>

Cynthia Calvillo Suspended Following UFC 219 Positive for Marijuana | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Athlete Cynthia Calvillo Accepts Sanction for Anti-Doping Policy Violation USADA announced on Wednesday that UFC athlete Cynthia Calvillo has accepted a six-month sanction for her anti-doping pol read news >>

Cris Cyborg Breaks Down Potential Amanda Nunes Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg breaks down a potential superfight with bantamweight titleholder Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Brian Ortega Considering Move to Lightweight After UFC Featherweight Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Brian Ortega earned a title shot at featherweight champion Max Holloway with his UFC 222 knockout win over Frankie Edgar, but he's got lightweight aspirations on his mind. read news >>

Zak Ottow Happy To Be Mike Pyle's Retirement Fight, Looking To Go 3-0 in 2018 | MMAWeekly.com

After taking out Mike Pyle in the veteran's retirement fight, Zak Ottow is looking to up his game and go 3-0 in 2018. read news >>

Rich Franklin's ONE Warrior Series: A Boodle Fight Breaks Out! | MMAWeekly.com

Rich and Jonathan wrap up their time in Manila with a full-on Pinoy boodle fight. read news >>

Randy Couture Says Chuck Liddell Looks Good Ahead of Potential Comeback | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture has seen Chuck Liddell in the gym and at 48 years of age the former light heavyweight champion is still in great shape. read news >>

Adrian Yanez Considering Dropping to Flyweight After LFA 35 | MMAWeekly.com

This Friday in Houston, Texas, Adrian Yanez (6-2) takes on late replacement Nathan Trepagnier (4-3) in a main card 135-pound fight at LFA 35. read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko to Nicco Montano: 'As a Champion, Hopefully She Will Just Accept the Fight' | MMAWeekly.com

Valentina Shevchenko is still waiting on UFC women's flyweight champion Nicco Montano. While all signs point towards a showdown between the champion and No. 1 ranked contender, Shevchenko is still aw read news >>

USADA Shows Mercy on Ion Cutelaba; UFC Light Heavyweight Sidelined for Six Months | MMAWeekly.com

USADA announced on Thursday that UFC athlete Ion Cutelaba has accepted a six-month sanction after declaring the use of an alternative therapeutic treatment that is prohibited under certain routes of read news >>

Gianni Subba Excited to Realize Dream of Headlining in His Hometown | MMAWeekly.com

Gianni Subba has spent his entire career with ONE Championship. He’s fought in Kuala Lumpur numerous times, but has yet to headline a card in his hometown. read news >>

International Women's Day: Fighters Light Up Social Media to Honor Women | MMAWeekly.com

International Women's Day is celebrated every year on March 8. It commemorates the movement for women's rights and began early in the 1900s. The day was officially recognized by the United Nations in read news >>

Luke Rockhold: 'I Could Beat Michael Bisping's Ass If I Modeled 365 Days a Year' | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold fires a shot at Michael Bisping in an ongoing war of words as the two rivals continue to hint at a third fight against each other. read news >>

Reece Mclaren Scores Second Round Submission Win at ONE: Visions of Victory | MMAWeekly.com

Reece Mclaren looks set for a second ONE Championship title shot after choking out Gianni Subba in Kuala Lumpur on Friday night (local time). The contest at the Axiata Arena was very even until the A read news >>

Tyron Woodley Says He is Training Floyd Mayweather for Possible UFC Debut | MMAWeekly.com

Despite most writing off Floyd Mayweather's MMA interest as a tease, UFC champ Tyron Woodley said that he is preparing to train Mayweather in mixed martial arts. read news >>

Search for: