Anderson Silva will be cheering for Lyoto Machida when he faces Chris Weidman. | Gleidson Venga/Sherdog.com
“I don’t think [TRT use] is fair. Actually I think they should have banned it a long time ago,” Silva said during a recent appearance on the Altas Horas show, which airs on the Brazilian network Rede Globo. “The way it was done, however, wasn’t fair to Vitor Belfort. A few months before his title shot, and they suddenly change the rules. But [overall] I think it’s a good change for the sport to be more fair.”
As a result of the TRT ban, Belfort withdrew from his middleweight title shot against Chris Weidman at UFC 173. Instead, Lyoto Machida will square off with Weidman on May 24 in Las Vegas. Silva said that he will be cheering for Machida, but he also admitted that he could conceivably have to fight “The Dragon” somewhere down the road.
“A lot of things have to happen before I can challenge for the middleweight title again,” Silva said. “I don’t have plans to fight any of my friends, especially Lyoto, but if in the future I have the chance to fight for the belt and he is the champion, we will fight.”
That also goes for another countryman and 185-pound title contender, Ronaldo Souza.
“Actually, I always used to say that I wouldn’t fight a teammate, but that [attitude] has never been reciprocal,” Silva said. “Inside Team Nogueira we take it very seriously, but Lyoto is not part of Team Nogueira and neither is ‘Jacare.” In all the interviews they did, they said they would fight me. I can’t be any different.”view original article >>
UFC legend Anderson Silva is not happy with his current situation. He said that he will retire if he doesn't get a fight with Yoel Romero at UFC 212. read news >>
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is not happy with his employers and is threatening to walk away from the sport.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Anderson Silva is tired, bro. He's so fed up with how things work in the UFC, he's taking his own career hostage and issuing demands with the threat of retirement if they aren't met. Is he serious? J read news >>
Photo by Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports When you’re a middle-aged mixed martial artist, the march of time, more than any other fighter, becomes your most terrifying opponent. Suddenly waiting aro read news >>
After a positive test for marijuana metabolites pulled him from a UFC 212 appointment with Anderson Silva, Kelvin Gastelum hasn’t given up on facing the legend just yet.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
The GOAT is not happy. Anderson Silva, the best to ever take part in this silly entertainment sport of MMA, is definitely not happy. And for once, finally, he outright does not care who knows it. Thi read news >>
Anderson Silva has threatened to retire if he isn't granted an interim title fight against Yoel Romero on June 3, but UFC president Dana White doesn't sound ready to give in to the Brazilian's demand read news >>
Earlier this week, former pound-for-pound king and ex-middleweight champion Anderson Silva threatened to call it quits on the sport if he doesn’t get an interim title fight for his next bout. Now the read news >>
Despite Anderson Silva's threats, UFC president Dana White declared there would be no interim title fight for The Spider. read news >>
With Anderson Silva recently threatening retirement, UFC president Dana White said that the former champ probably should just go ahead and do it. read news >>